Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
All-time Favorite Video Game Music
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

RE: All-time Favorite Video Game Music

Thanks for the propsIcon_biggrin

Also, if you guys haven't played Grandia II, I recommend you do. I played it on the dreamcast, but I think its available on the ps2 and pc. Amazing game, closest any game will probably ever come to making me cry (I didn't, kept my manlinessIcon_wink ).

Didn't know that about Shadows of the Colossus, but I am guessing the music is worth the wait.

Wow, Xenogears, never got the chance to play it, but listening to a few tracks, wow, it at least sounds like a good game.

I agree with you 100%, older games tended to have better soundtracks on average compared to games of today. However, as you can see from some of the games listed, there are those few gems that have amazing sound tracks.
12-24-2008 05:13 AM
Find all posts by this user
Former-GM-Mystra Offline
Posting Freak

Oh wow, Guild Wars theme song, I can't believe it has already been 3 years! I might have an overdose of the game from my alpha testing session, but the music still lingers in my heart!

On another note, my favorite game music comes from the best game ever produced, for me: Lineage 2! The soundtrack is absolutely superb and my favorite one *might* be (there are so many good ones): "Final Conflict" closely followed by "Battle at Sundown", both are Siege Battle themes.

To hear them go here and you can listen to all the game's music, Final Conflict is, of course, in the "Siege Battle Themes" category.

~ RMS ~ Top 100 ~ Top 200 ~ Vote Daily!!
[Image: Mystrad.jpg]
~ Support Tickets ~
12-24-2008 06:31 PM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

RE:??All-time Favorite Video Game Music

GM-Mystra Wrote:Oh wow, Guild Wars theme song, I can't believe it has already been 3 years! I might have an overdose of the game from my alpha testing session, but the music still lingers in my heart!

On another note, my favorite game music comes from the best game ever produced, for me: Lineage 2! The soundtrack is absolutely superb and my favorite one *might* be (there are so many good ones): "Final Conflict" closely followed by "Battle at Sundown", both are Siege Battle themes.

To hear them go here and you can listen to all the game's music, Final Conflict is, of course, in the "Siege Battle Themes" category.
Wish I played Guild Wars earlier. It has only been 10 months since I started playing, and I started with Nightfall. Just bought Prophecies and Eye of the North a few days ago.

And wow, thank you very much for that link. "The Final Conflict" is easily one of the best soundtracks I have heard in a game. I would of probably never known about it if it weren't for that link, thanks!Icon_biggrin
12-24-2008 07:07 PM
KohakuSan Offline
<3 Hill Lions!

Almost all Lineage2 musics are awesome. It isn't fair to put it here. xD
12-24-2008 07:22 PM
Kytsune Offline

Okami has some of the most beautiful music I've ever heard.

I'll go ahead and say that if there's anything almost any Capcom game excels in, it's music. So anything by Capcom is pretty much my favorite stuff. =P
12-24-2008 07:41 PM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

Wow, another reason I regret selling my ps2. Okami is a game that I am very interested in, is it as good as it sounds Kytsune?

I can't believe I forgot to mention Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time! That game is easily one of if not the best game I have played, and its soundtrack is no less. Man, thinking of those midi-tracks sure does bring back memoriesIcon_biggrin

Here are some of the classics I still fondly remember.Cry

Song of Storms

Minuet of Forest
12-24-2008 08:14 PM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

How can you not think of OoT without thinking of the Song of Time O.o
There exists no other song in the world that can be sung with just 3 syllables "EEE" "OOO" and "AAA" xD

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
12-24-2008 09:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

Motenai_Ronin Wrote:How can you not think of OoT without thinking of the Song of Time O.o
There exists no other song in the world that can be sung with just 3 syllables "EEE" "OOO" and "AAA" xD
Haha, I just youtube'd OoT and grabbed the songs that I remembered. But yeah, you can never forget about the Song of Time. I wish games nowadays were at least half as good as OoT, but sadly, there are barely any games nowadays that come close to OoT in terms of gameplay and music..
12-24-2008 10:05 PM
Kytsune Offline

Kulluminatii Wrote:Wow, another reason I regret selling my ps2. Okami is a game that I am very interested in, is it as good as it sounds Kytsune?

It's pretty close to the way Zelda games have been since Ocarina of Time (Which, again, has exceptional music).??It focuses a lot more on plot and exploration than puzzles, but it had me hooked for a month or so.

And on the OoT note...I actually replaced the current Morroc music with some version of the Song of Time that I had laying around.??=D

EDIT: Found where I got it. It's here. Basically it's just a remastered version of the original one with chant-like lyrics, which are "Sempre aeternam tempus aedes." Loosely translated, it means "Always eternal is the temple of time."
(This post was last modified: 12-25-2008 04:58 AM by Kytsune.)
12-25-2008 04:51 AM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

Kytsune Wrote:chant-like lyrics, which are "Sempre aeternam tempus aedes." Loosely translated, it means "Always eternal is the temple of time."

Ingenious!!

and this is great music for morroc, has that deserty dry feel to it.

I 'spect the ruins of morroc castle to repop up like in Twilight Princess thru some rock doors ^~^

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
12-25-2008 05:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed