Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Possibility of a HeRO RO2 server?
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

Possibility of a HeRO RO2 server?

Lol, before I get flamed to death, Im just asking.

IF
Ragnarok II was released, would heRO host a p. server for it? The main reason I ask is because the community here is amazing, and if I were to play RO2, I would much rather play with a community I am somewhat familiar with, then starting with a new community.

Also, another question. There have been rumors floating around that RO2 has been canceled (I doubt that its true, but you never know). Would there ever be a private server for the RO2 beta that we have now?

I bet the answer is no, but I've been looking around, and the two emulators I have been looking at seem very promising, one of the emulators attempted to go as far as customizing the RO2 beta so dramatically that it was almost like a different game (I can't confirm this, but that is what I have heard).

I am not sure if I can name the emulators here or not, so I guess it would be best if I didn't. However, Google is your friend.Icon_biggrin
12-24-2008 05:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Monkey Feet Offline
Fated to be Hated

RE: Possibility of a HeRO RO2 server?

*Cough* RO2 FAIL *Cough*

Nice idea.

[Image: monkey.png]

[Image: siggymonkey.jpg]
12-24-2008 07:25 AM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

Cry

Idk, it is starting to grow on me. I tried Ro2 p. servers before, but all I did was log in, walk around, and then delete it. I dl'ed Ro2 again, and am actually trying to play through it a little, and for a early beta release, it is coming along very nice. Supposedly, the next beta release is supposed to be released sometime this month, they are running out of days thoughIcon_sad
12-24-2008 07:38 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

"No" ^_^;

12-24-2008 07:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Monkey Feet Offline
Fated to be Hated

EPIC PHAIL

[Image: monkey.png]

[Image: siggymonkey.jpg]
12-24-2008 07:55 AM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

RE:??Possibility of a HeRO RO2 server?

Monkey Feet Wrote:EPIC PHAIL

Was there a reason to post twice? I was hoping that if you did post twice, at least one of your posts brought up some type of valid point; guess I was mistaken.

Why all the hate for RO II though? Some of it seems unnecessary. For a early beta, I am very impressed. Was hoping the Norman race was less "child-like", but I guess the Dimago race will fit that role.

I am starting to like the look of RO II as well. Yes, it looks similar to other games, but in the 3D mmorpg genre of games, its hard as hell to make a totally unique game that is different from others without having some traits that are similar.

I just hope they tweak the graphics to the point where it feels like your actually in a anime, that would be amazing (far-fetched, I know, but I can dream right?Icon_biggrin ).
12-24-2008 05:31 PM
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

i dont think it would be a good idea unless heRO's server population was alot higher, i cant see the server right now devided into 2 and still maintaining a good population in both.

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
azurerogue Wrote:Players leaving the server (recently) has nothing to do with quests.  We leave because we're bored.  HeRo is an excellent server, and I'm not relocating to a new one - I'm just bored with RO in general and I have way too much going on personally to commit time here.
12-24-2008 05:59 PM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

That is a good point thecursed. This server is amazing, and definitely deserves to have much more then 200 people playing it. I think the voting system should be implemented a lot better, I believe most of the time people do not bother to vote without an incentive.

I remember on the previous high-rate server I played on, they had a system which gave "donation credit" for each site you voted for. I believe it was .05 cents for each of the sites you voted for. So lets say you voted on xtremetop100 and gamesites200, you would get .10 cents every 2 hours towards your "donation credit". Through this method, the 20 cents made in a day's worth of voting may not mean much by itself, but with actual donations it would help people receive better items.

Also, to make actual donation money off this type of system, you would need to provide a wide array of items people can receive through donating. Most items should be aesthetic, and a couple of key items as well (such as cards). These could range from as little as 1 USD to 25 USD+.

Hopefully what I stated makes sense. This would give an incentive for people to vote and donate.
12-24-2008 06:20 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

One of the worse ideas. Sweat Voting systems/sites are just fail. Let them die in a corner and lets bring support to sites like RMS.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
12-24-2008 06:35 PM
Former-GM-Mystra Offline
Posting Freak

RE:??Possibility of a HeRO RO2 server?

GM-Ayu Wrote:"No" ^_^;
Why not?

Only Pandora has the power to decide on that, might be fun.

What would be fun to, would be to have a heRO Lineage 2 server, like many private server sites, they give both games (which are the best MMOs), would be fun to have a heL2! :o

~ RMS ~ Top 100 ~ Top 200 ~ Vote Daily!!
[Image: Mystrad.jpg]
~ Support Tickets ~
12-24-2008 06:40 PM