Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Initial Allegiance Choice NPC
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

Initial Allegiance Choice NPC

i know it may seem trivial, and old players would probably not have a problem with it, but the amount of chat boxes in RO tend to make players feel like browsing it through without pause. This should not be a problem in most cases, and yes on quests it is understandable how you have to choose right there and then.

However, regarding allegiances i think it might be a good idea to make sure that players don't choose incorrectly just because they pressed enter too many times. The initial choice box as i understand it is presented as such:
Light
Dark
Neutral

again, it may seem trivial (and personally i wouldn't mind at all if more ppl joined light), but wouldn't it be better to present the options in a more fail-safe order such as:
Neutral
Light
Dark

just a minor detail, and it shouldn't be hard to mend, but i believe it would really save a lot of hassle for players...

-w-
01-02-2009 08:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gorgetrapper Offline

RE: Initial Allegiance Choice NPC

It shouldn't happen in the first place, for a custom NPC, that isn't a stylist, warper, healer etc... you shouldn't spam through it if you don't know what it's for.
01-02-2009 10:15 AM
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

Mistakes happen. Sometimes people just accidentally press enter one too many times.

Since we can't change allegiances "freely" anymore. It used to be that you paid like 300k to change but lost all your points. This was taken out to force more loyalty to your allegiance (You can still change via donation). On that note and the tidbit about people making mistakes, it wouldn't hurt to add an extra dialogue box or two to make sure you're ABSOLUTELY SURE you want to be light or dark since you're pretty much stuck with whatever you pick these days.

And while we're on the subject, can we PLEASE change the text color for Light from that illegible pink? D=

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2009 03:18 PM by Fruityla.)
01-02-2009 03:17 PM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

yes! let's make the color of the word light white plox >.> and next we need to make it an unselectable option, or a looping response that won't let you select light allegiance Icon_razz

but really, that pink is quite annoying. if chat boxes could have a darker background color then it wouldn't be so bad. i say for that word it should be a cyan color, a bit darker than the normal cyan so that it's still more easily read by all people.
01-02-2009 04:16 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

sometimes the computer may lag and you may spam enter in frustration, Oh crap, I'm light? I wanted those kickass dark wings *tear*
01-02-2009 04:18 PM
Monkey Feet Offline
Fated to be Hated

West s.... errrr... Dark side!!!

[Image: monkey.png]

[Image: siggymonkey.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2009 09:00 AM by Monkey Feet.)
01-03-2009 09:00 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

thank you all for your responses.

+1 to Linnea for her brief history review and also the conception of the other option, although i must say that i prefer to make it the way i proposed it because i would prefer not to produce confirmation pop ups... they're kinda annoying IMHO...

+1 to Joe for pointing out one of the major reasons or situations where people will click/enter without thinking or inadvertently...

about the coloring, i would agree to the notion that currently light's color format is a bit ineligible, but IMHO it is a negligible condition...

-w-
01-03-2009 10:02 AM
JJJ Offline
JJJ

Y.Y i still think neutral should be an allegiance all on its own

meaning neutral points, so they can ToH =3

[Image: SignatureVersion22.png][Image: Liffinished-1-1.png]
I Love To Help So If You Ever Need Something Feel Free To PM Me ^_^
01-03-2009 08:54 PM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

but then there would be some difficulty when it came to the mass battle, though yes they could take on both sides then and if they come out victorious, then bravo for the ones who are neutral, but it just doesn't make any sense for someone wanting to be neutral to go in to battle like that anyway.
01-03-2009 10:09 PM
JJJ Offline
JJJ

lol then they can skip the mass battle x3

[Image: SignatureVersion22.png][Image: Liffinished-1-1.png]
I Love To Help So If You Ever Need Something Feel Free To PM Me ^_^
01-04-2009 03:07 AM