13-14-15-16
17-18-19-20
21-22-23-24
25-26-27-28
29-30-31-32
33-34-35-36
37-38-39-40
41-42-43-44
45+(Please specify in a post if you want.)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ANONYMOUS poll : What is your age
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

RE: ANONYMOUS poll : What is your age

#1 http://pc.ign.com/objects/489/489024.html

As you can see, Ragnarok online is rated T for Teen.??Wich mean 13+.??Saying that a private server would be rated G is asinine.??

#2 Whats wrong with my poll???I never claimed to have done a perfect poll.??

G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:What needs to be done is a weighted average with the hours of video game played as a cofactor.??

Wich isn't/isn't claimed to be done here.??

#3 "33" being the average gamer age???See paragraph 5 of your link Yuriohs.??Funny how there is only an article, and that the link to the real study is broken.??

With a little research from I own, I can actually reach the ESA website (those who made the gamer study):

http://www.theesa.com/facts/index.asp

Funny that they say that the gamer average age is 35 this time and not 33.??Who is missing intellectual rigor???Me, or them???Read me well and you will see that I never claimed anything, I am just questionning.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2009 10:51 PM by Général_Argos.)
01-06-2009 10:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I am not certain if I should be posting my opinion on this issue of the server being "G Rated" or not. I could post it from the standpoint of being a moderator and then as a player, but again, not sure if it would be very proper to or not, or even necessary.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
01-06-2009 11:31 PM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

if the GM's want to make it a "G Rated" server, then we'd have to change a million NPC dialogues and countless other things to comply with that rating. But then we wouldn't be able to claim to be like kRO with some custom stuff added in, etc.

but still, a PG-13 rating makes sense as there is a bit of harsh language in a number of the quests that Gravity has made.
01-06-2009 11:42 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Ragnarok online rating :
http://www.esrb.org/ratings/search.jsp

Rating description:
http://www.esrb.org/ratings/ratings_guide.jsp

Quote:TEEN
Titles rated T (Teen) have content that may be suitable for ages 13 and older. Titles in this category may contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling, and/or infrequent use of strong language.

Please remove everything from this list before banning people for saying "puck yea" and before claiming that the server is G-rated :

Quote:????*?? Alcohol Reference - Reference to and/or images of alcoholic beverages
????* Animated Blood - Discolored and/or unrealistic depictions of blood
????* Blood - Depictions of blood
????* Blood and Gore - Depictions of blood or the mutilation of body parts
????* Cartoon Violence - Violent actions involving cartoon-like situations and characters. May include violence where a character is unharmed after the action has been inflicted
????* Comic Mischief - Depictions or dialogue involving slapstick or suggestive humor
????* Crude Humor - Depictions or dialogue involving vulgar antics, including ?bathroom? humor
????* Drug Reference - Reference to and/or images of illegal drugs
????* Fantasy Violence - Violent actions of a fantasy nature, involving human or non-human characters in situations easily distinguishable from real life
????* Intense Violence - Graphic and realistic-looking depictions of physical conflict. May involve extreme and/or realistic blood, gore, weapons and depictions of human injury and death
????* Language - Mild to moderate use of profanity
????* Lyrics - Mild references to profanity, sexuality, violence, alcohol or drug use in music
????* Mature Humor - Depictions or dialogue involving "adult" humor, including sexual references
????* Nudity - Graphic or prolonged depictions of nudity
????* Partial Nudity - Brief and/or mild depictions of nudity
????* Real Gambling - Player can gamble, including betting or wagering real cash or currency
????* Sexual Content - Non-explicit depictions of sexual behavior, possibly including partial nudity
????* Sexual Themes - References to sex or sexuality
????* Sexual Violence - Depictions of rape or other violent sexual acts
????* Simulated Gambling - Player can gamble without betting or wagering real cash or currency
????* Strong Language - Explicit and/or frequent use of profanity
????* Strong Lyrics - Explicit and/or frequent references to profanity, sex, violence, alcohol or drug use in music
????* Strong Sexual Content - Explicit and/or frequent depictions of sexual behavior, possibly including nudity
????* Suggestive Themes - Mild provocative references or materials
????* Tobacco Reference - Reference to and/or images of tobacco products
????* Use of Drugs - The consumption or use of illegal drugs
????* Use of Alcohol - The consumption of alcoholic beverages
????* Use of Tobacco - The consumption of tobacco products
????* Violence - Scenes involving aggressive conflict. May contain bloodless dismemberment
????* Violent References - References to violent acts

Krim's grocery list

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2009 11:47 PM by Général_Argos.)
01-06-2009 11:44 PM
Former-GM-Mystra Offline
Posting Freak

Krimlin, stop complaining, seriously, give us a break for once!

You where banned because you made a series of small illegal actions and that one was just the final drop. Don't create threads that are meant to be used to try to yet again justify an action that had all the rights to be made.

If you want to complain your temp forum ban, please use the ticket system and don't spread this on the public eyes.

~ RMS ~ Top 100 ~ Top 200 ~ Vote Daily!!
[Image: Mystrad.jpg]
~ Support Tickets ~
01-07-2009 01:48 AM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

I already complained via ticket system.??I'm not here to complain about that, I'm here to make discussions about the gamers and hero players age and the server;??the reference to 'puck yea' is just an exemple here.??Can we get back on topic?

Krim's grocery list

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2009 02:01 AM by Général_Argos.)
01-07-2009 02:00 AM
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

RE:??ANONYMOUS poll : What is your age

G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:Ragnarok online rating :
http://www.esrb.org/ratings/search.jsp

Rating description:
http://www.esrb.org/ratings/ratings_guide.jsp

Quote:TEEN
Titles rated T (Teen) have content that may be suitable for ages 13 and older. Titles in this category may contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling, and/or infrequent use of strong language.

Please remove everything from this list before banning people for saying "puck yea" and before claiming that the server is G-rated :

Quote:????*?? Alcohol Reference - Reference to and/or images of alcoholic beverages
????* Animated Blood - Discolored and/or unrealistic depictions of blood
????* Blood - Depictions of blood
????* Blood and Gore - Depictions of blood or the mutilation of body parts
????* Cartoon Violence - Violent actions involving cartoon-like situations and characters. May include violence where a character is unharmed after the action has been inflicted
????* Comic Mischief - Depictions or dialogue involving slapstick or suggestive humor
????* Crude Humor - Depictions or dialogue involving vulgar antics, including ?bathroom? humor
????* Drug Reference - Reference to and/or images of illegal drugs
????* Fantasy Violence - Violent actions of a fantasy nature, involving human or non-human characters in situations easily distinguishable from real life
????* Intense Violence - Graphic and realistic-looking depictions of physical conflict. May involve extreme and/or realistic blood, gore, weapons and depictions of human injury and death
????* Language - Mild to moderate use of profanity
????* Lyrics - Mild references to profanity, sexuality, violence, alcohol or drug use in music
????* Mature Humor - Depictions or dialogue involving "adult" humor, including sexual references
????* Nudity - Graphic or prolonged depictions of nudity
????* Partial Nudity - Brief and/or mild depictions of nudity
????* Real Gambling - Player can gamble, including betting or wagering real cash or currency
????* Sexual Content - Non-explicit depictions of sexual behavior, possibly including partial nudity
????* Sexual Themes - References to sex or sexuality
????* Sexual Violence - Depictions of rape or other violent sexual acts
????* Simulated Gambling - Player can gamble without betting or wagering real cash or currency
????* Strong Language - Explicit and/or frequent use of profanity
????* Strong Lyrics - Explicit and/or frequent references to profanity, sex, violence, alcohol or drug use in music
????* Strong Sexual Content - Explicit and/or frequent depictions of sexual behavior, possibly including nudity
????* Suggestive Themes - Mild provocative references or materials
????* Tobacco Reference - Reference to and/or images of tobacco products
????* Use of Drugs - The consumption or use of illegal drugs
????* Use of Alcohol - The consumption of alcoholic beverages
????* Use of Tobacco - The consumption of tobacco products
????* Violence - Scenes involving aggressive conflict. May contain bloodless dismemberment
????* Violent References - References to violent acts

Come join SitInProntAndDoNothingRO!!! We've got no quests! No monsters! No job change of any kind!! We don't even have items!!!
10/10/7 rates, friendly community, non-corrupt GMs, working mail system, and we're waiting for YOU to join us!

We all know RO isn't a G-rated game. That doesn't mean the GMs can't try and force the players to act in a G-Rated manner. It's only even required during GM events, on @main, and on the public forums. It's not hard to follow.

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
01-07-2009 10:47 AM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

act like g-rated?

That would mean no werewolf event because there is murder acting etc

Krim's grocery list

01-07-2009 12:50 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

You're aware that those "descriptors" are simply used to clarify WHY a game receives a rating, yes? You must then also be aware that several of those descriptors can be used to describe a game rated "E" (for ages 6 and up) including "mild language" and "cartoon violence." Ironically, this would also mean Werewolf would easily fit in the "E" category so long as the players engaging in it did not constantly swear at each other.

If anything, your citations suggest that RO is at the lower end of the "T" rating spectrum, in my opinion. You haven't proved anything.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
01-07-2009 01:31 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

and yet i was banned despite never having even received a warning and only QUOTED krim's comment. then banned again when i demanded an explanation (still no swearing). banned for swearing twice when i never did such a thing lol...

server being G-Rated? thats pretty stupid honestly. the game's built in CONTENT is rated teen and you want to claim the server is G-Rated? if you are worried about kids playing thats pretty silly, its up to the parent to watch what the kids play. once again stop pretending to hate running a daycare when you clearly are trying to turn hero into one.

albus you should know you always use most severe aspects when writing descriptors and that makes RO a T game.
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2009 01:50 PM by teOx.)
01-07-2009 01:49 PM