13-14-15-16
17-18-19-20
21-22-23-24
25-26-27-28
29-30-31-32
33-34-35-36
37-38-39-40
41-42-43-44
45+(Please specify in a post if you want.)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ANONYMOUS poll : What is your age
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: ANONYMOUS poll : What is your age

Krimlin stop being such a nag. Why can't you be content with what you got, seriously, count your blessings instead of finding faults with anything and everything.

heRO is not rated by ESRB, no we don't follow everything in the rating they state, no we will not edit monsters that show pixel boobs or gravity's quests that have bad language, what we want is for people to be civil and respectful with each other and keep public conversation G-rated, it shouldn't be hard.

We have better things to do than to have to take care of players swearing at each other or spamming foul language on main, so just all behave, regardless of your age, and everything will be fine.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
01-07-2009 02:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

i believe it was emiliano zapata who said "It is better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees"

stop asking krim to live on his knees. counting blessings is same as saying dont improve. with that logic why dont you go delete whining forum?

p.s. lol anyone else see ocean's 13 and remember the quote used there? Icon_razz
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2009 02:45 PM by teOx.)
01-07-2009 02:39 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

No, it's really not the same. There is vast gap between being on his knees and to just being grateful for what is provided, for free.

We do like to improve and receive opinions and feedback, we've heard his opinion on rating before and don't share it, for the simple reason that this is there to provide what we see as an enjoyable experience for all.

And no need to bring up stuff which he already got an answer for, suggesting once is giving proper feedback, asking again and again about this or other stuff is nagging.

Now, let's get back on topic, which was about everyone's age. I think it's a good poll and I am interested to see our players age (but this will not change the server's rules).

~ Server Admin ~
01-07-2009 02:50 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

regardless theres a huge flaw in the logic behind trying to create a G environment for a game inherently T rated.

enter most guild chats and its already like R or worse anyway Icon_razz
01-07-2009 03:11 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Well, the original game doesnt have a main chat, nor does it have gms who maintain a T rating in the various chats actually, you rarely ever see gms in official servers, we're different from there in many ways that's all.

Some party chats have higher rating too I'm sure, as long as all people involved are fine.

On topic: I'm 27 if anyone wants to know, I'm getting old -.-

~ Server Admin ~
01-07-2009 03:29 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

main chat should cost z to use to avoid spam and encourage more functionality. B> S> A> comments are so often flooded out, etc.
Evil

sorry off topic again
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2009 03:37 PM by teOx.)
01-07-2009 03:36 PM
Herman Offline
Tank of your Dreams

I dont think its fair to critisize the logic behind an argument that you claim the GM team is making, though you seem to have made the logic to their argument yourself =p.??

I think (and Pandora has stated) that they do not want to make heRO "G" rated. They do not plan to change monsters sprites or text of quests.??Their logic and argument is not based on this, you are just making their argument claim that in order to show its flawed 'logic'. What they ARE asking is close to what Kadar stated, to keep things civil and welcoming to all the players on heRO.??Things like the forums, @main, public chat, etc. In order to do this, they ask to keep many of the public area's G-rated. This is, in fact, logical.

I'm actually curious of Krim's motives with this???Why would he bring it up? Does he want to be able to cuss up a storm on @main or in the forums? Does he want the ability to say whatever he wants on the server without consequence? Or is he just brining it up because of a ban that happened? He stated earlier that it was not for this reason (the forum ban), but I have a hard time thinking of another reason he might be bringing it up.??

If I may ask, what hassle has a "G" rated atmosphere caused you???Other than the inability to use a select few offensive words in public/semi-public channels, has it really hindered your RO experience???

Imo, having a friendly and non-offensive atmosphere has avoided a lot of hassle that our community may otherwise have to deal with and has created a very positive RO experience for many people, including me (who is far from a child, but still appreciates the rules on language)

edited for a silly spelling mistake

retired except for..

the Herman Zeny Sink event of 2011.. 3.5b drained and
counting..
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2009 03:41 PM by Herman.)
01-07-2009 03:39 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

I understand why I am seen as nagging when it comes to some discussions, I have a tendency to push things too far pointlessly too often.??I am aware of that and I will work on that in 2009.??

The thing here with this poll is that I have been to thinkering on a subject of discussion and others.??It started with yurioh's comment about the average gamer age being 33 wich I was/am still skeptical about.??I made this poll to take the an approximation of the mesure of the hero server to get an idea.??One expected thing hapenned, and one unexpected hapenned too.??

First, the approximation reinforced my skepticism about the average gamer age being 33 seing the number of people being 33+.??Secondly, the result of hero's player age surprised me in that the average age was higher than what I expected.??I so brung here a discussion about the age policy of the server, nothing more.??Later on I slipped about a personnal event that hapenned(the ban).??Was only used as an exemple, but shouldn't have been used at all since the interest conflict.??

I still beleive that what teox formulated well on the post above this one is true "theres a huge flaw in the logic behind trying to create a G environment for a game inherently T rated";??but I understand the point that a G chat environment is an easier way to moderate the chat.??It cut off childs spaming pointlessly swears and insult other people;??however, this is done at the cost of frustrating mature player who wants to use mature words or swears once in a while, and in context better suited.??

Now from the discussion and the results of the poll, I think that it could be a good improvment to make the server 15+.??
15+ meaning that players under 15 age would be allowed to play, but at the effort of them of acting in a 15+ mature way.??Spamming swears or insulting players would still be prohibed, and mature players would not feel being in a daycarekids when some events occur.??

edit: wow, been ninjaed ._.

edit: fixed a major time issue with a verb

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2009 03:49 PM by Général_Argos.)
01-07-2009 03:41 PM
Herman Offline
Tank of your Dreams

*sticks foot in mouth*

lol

Krim how did you know I was going to ask!!!

retired except for..

the Herman Zeny Sink event of 2011.. 3.5b drained and
counting..
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2009 03:48 PM by Herman.)
01-07-2009 03:43 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

owned! Icon_razz

and yes it has hindered i believe many peoples experience in this effort to keep it G. to be fair iRO has a swear filter which is even worse and drives people crazy. not trying to give any idea >_>
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2009 03:49 PM by teOx.)
01-07-2009 03:46 PM