13-14-15-16
17-18-19-20
21-22-23-24
25-26-27-28
29-30-31-32
33-34-35-36
37-38-39-40
41-42-43-44
45+(Please specify in a post if you want.)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ANONYMOUS poll : What is your age
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

RE: ANONYMOUS poll : What is your age

But the thing Krim is that 55 people answered. I'm not sure what % of the population that is but its not a whole lot. Add to that the fact that a lot of people admit to never going or registering to the forum.

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
01-07-2009 03:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Herman Offline
Tank of your Dreams

examples plox. Icon_twisted

I am also going to go out on a limb and say the experiences enhanced may, in some (possibly GM's) minds, outweigh the experiences hindered by not allowing language (i'm assuming here that this is the main argument) to go beyond g-rating on public/semi public channels.

retired except for..

the Herman Zeny Sink event of 2011.. 3.5b drained and
counting..
01-07-2009 03:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

RE:??ANONYMOUS poll : What is your age

teOx Wrote:and yet i was banned despite never having even received a warning and only QUOTED krim's comment. then banned again when i demanded an explanation (still no swearing). banned for swearing twice when i never did such a thing lol...

You know just as well as everyone here that has nothing to do with language.??Swearing is the listed excuse not the reason you were forum banned.??(you can fight that point on the first ban if you really want to)??Forum bans don't even do anything so that might as well have been your warning.
teOx Wrote:enter most guild chats and its already like R or worse anyway
Thankfully guild chat isn't policed.

GM-Pandora Wrote:We have better things to do than to have to take care of players swearing at each other or spamming foul language on main, so just all behave, regardless of your age, and everything will be fine.
+1
It's a shame you still have GMs wasting their time with these matters because they are overly sensitive to all chatter on @main.??Oh and the mods get worried and threaten a mute every time someone gets close or is assumed to be getting closer to the clear cut rule line.??The topic of @main gets even slightly off of unicorns and rainbows and suddenly everyone throws a hissy fit. Mystra yesterday for example.

@main does a pretty good job of policing itself if you let it.??When people start relying on mods and GMs to fix every dispute, to change every conversation they don't agree with, to avoid every conflict they walk into then they will never grow up and they will never be more than a leech on our server society. I think it's great to have a mostly g-rated conversational atmosphere on @main. If people are kind and courteous all the better. When a conversation dips very slightly into a more mature topic we shouldn't be breathing down their neck about rules and impressionable young kids. If people aren't being vulgar and immature with regards to their conversation then let them have that conversation. Maybe the young impressionable kids won't take on such a naive or childish view of the more serious topics in life when they finally do grow up.

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2009 04:11 PM by Kadar.)
01-07-2009 03:57 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

RE:??ANONYMOUS poll : What is your age

First, to Herman -> Lol XD

GM-Aki Wrote:But the thing Krim is that 55 people answered. I'm not sure what % of the population that is but its not a whole lot. Add to that the fact that a lot of people admit to never going or registering to the forum.

The question to be asked here is if those 55 people represent well the community of the server, wich is to remain unknow. I think yes, other people think yes or no, but we can't go further discussing that. :l

But we could make advertising in-game for the poll. The poll would also server as an indicator of the number of player on the server. (Not the number of players online, but the number of players of the community).

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
01-07-2009 03:59 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

completely misread kadars post. deleted Icon_razz
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2009 05:14 PM by teOx.)
01-07-2009 04:02 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

@Krim nice resolution, will be nice if you keep it.

About gamer's age, I was also a bit stumped by the 33 and 35 in the article, would have expected it to be lower, but this includes ALL gamers, people who play on cell phones, people the age of our mothers who play card games online occasionally, so it's not that far fetched to say the average gamer's age is in their 30s, the term gamer is just pretty vague.

And regarding the age, even if the poll could reach the entire server and really result in giving us the average age of the population, we would still keep public chats to be somewhat G rated, not just for the young ones (even though I know we do have some), but even for the mature people who, like herman said, enjoy having clean public chats. We're not asking for the moon.

We hired moderators to help, if everyone behaved themselves we wouldn't need to, (and main does not police itself, it just escalates), just think, how much time is wasted, which could be put to something more productive.

Krimlin broke the rules by using the swear word "f***", was asked to changed it but either didn't or just changed it to bypass forum filters, quoting him + encouraging his rulebreaking was deemed to be rulebreaking too and ended up in a... 1 day with no posting on forum (can still view). Just find another way to demonstrate emphasis next time krimlin and this need not happen again.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
01-07-2009 04:17 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

HE CHANGED IT TO PUCK.

WE GOT BANNED FOR SAYING PUCK.

are you serious? PLEASE BAN EVERYONE WHO AVOIDS SAYING THE F WORD good luck in the MILLIONS Of ways that exist.

my freaking god.

he said upside down fword, he was asked to change it. AND HE DID. can you HONESTLY still say that ban was rightful? youve admitted plenty mistakes in the past dont hold back now.
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2009 05:17 PM by teOx.)
01-07-2009 05:16 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

It's removed altogether now but I'm pretty sure it said "f***" upside down, regardless there are a ton of ways he could have said his emphasis which would have been fine. And if he was asked to change it by a gm he should have, just remaking the same things shows his unwillingness to cooperate and respect the rules. Wasn't my decision anyway, but I think the call was right, don't swear next time.

If you have anything further to add on that subject make a support ticket this isnt the topic of this post.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
01-07-2009 06:03 PM
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

Puck Yeah!

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
01-07-2009 06:48 PM
Former-GM-Mystra Offline
Posting Freak

To sum it all:

Average year of 33: heRO is an MMO with a targeted audience, that article was targeting every games, as Pandora stated. I wont be surprised to see heRO's player average to be lower then 33. Krim, do go follow IPMSH before creating a pool and blankly decide on the effect of it without checking the background of your "research". Icon_razz

PG-G : We don't care what you say in guild chat, we don't care what you say in PMs, we don't care what you say in party chat (unless screenshoted and reported by someone for any possible reason of rule breaking), we only ask that @main chat and all chat in cities (especialy Prontera) to be kept G-rated. We don't want anyone who isn't meant to read (ei: newcomers to heRO) a bad or foul language. It's that simple and everyone should have the right amount of intellectual power to understand that.

@ Krim's ban
: He was temporarily forum banned because:

1) Krim writes the f word.
2) A GM edits his post to remove it and sends a warning to Krim.
3) Krim re-edits his post to place back the f word.
4) Krim is banned.

(PS: Yes, please do that for 2009, even though you failed in 2006, 2007 and 2008 Icon_razz)

@ teox's 1 day forum ban, it was simply because he deliberately quoted Krim's foul language.

~ RMS ~ Top 100 ~ Top 200 ~ Vote Daily!!
[Image: Mystrad.jpg]
~ Support Tickets ~
01-07-2009 07:05 PM