Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Alice Pet
AngryMerch Offline

Alice Pet

Hi,

I have a Alice pet on my merchant. It as been loyal and talking for a while now, but It does not use it's skill. It'll hit a monster once in a while, but it does not heal me.

Just to test it out, I spent about 5 minutes with my hp in the red, but to no avail.

Does it's loyalty need to be totally maxed out in order for it to use its skill ?
01-11-2009 06:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

RE: Alice Pet

As far as I know, pets that have skills begin using them immediately after status says loyal, and when certain circumstances are met, like what you said above.

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
01-11-2009 06:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

if the alice pet has an accessory available to use then you MUST have that accessory equipped to the pet in order for them to begin using their skills, otherwise i am not sure, though also our custom pets do not have accessories so any skills they might/might not have will not be able to be used until we can change that, but that would be a lot of work from what i heard.
01-11-2009 06:24 PM
AngryMerch Offline

From what I heard, there is no accessory for the Alice pet. But it is supposed to use it's skill nonetheless. Maybe my Alice is just lazy ... Sweat
01-11-2009 06:30 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Sohee pet heals, don't think Alice does anything, no equip for it.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
01-11-2009 06:57 PM
AngryMerch Offline

I read otherwise on many websites. Alice is supposed to heal when HP and SP are beneath 25%, which I tried numerous times.

There is also a post on this forum, from GM_Ayu, stating that no accessory is needed link to said post

GM-Ayu Wrote:Alice does heal without pet accessory, but I guess that's the price of using white pots on a pet in hopes of the pet healing more than the cost of her feed ;p
01-11-2009 07:22 PM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

then perhaps it only works when you feed your alice a white pot and your hp is below 25%, and then alice will *most likely* randomly heal your hp from a little amount to a huge amount. but that is only my speculation as i have not tried for an alice pet.

edit: also, in every case that a pet has an accessory available to them, if that pet has a skill it can use, it must have that accessory equipped. if the pet has skills available, but no accessory, then either they use their skill randomly or there is a specific trigger that's necessary to make them use their skill (i.e. feeding alice white pot while hp < 25%).
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2009 06:00 AM by Frogboy.)
01-12-2009 05:58 AM
AngryMerch Offline

RE:??Alice Pet

Frogboy Wrote:then perhaps it only works when you feed your alice a white pot and your hp is below 25%, and then alice will *most likely* randomly heal your hp from a little amount to a huge amount. but that is only my speculation as i have not tried for an alice pet.
I'm pretty sure that's not the way it works, but could anyone with an Alice pet confirm this ?

Thank you for your comments everyone.
01-12-2009 09:25 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Alice (Lv 62):
Tame: Soft Apron
Tame Dropped By: Evil Snake Lord, Aliza
Food: White Potion
Feed Time: Every 8 Minutes
Cute Pet Armor: None/Unknown
Capture Chance: 1%
Ability: When HP/SP are both are lower than 25%, will use level 5 Heal once every 60 seconds, until HP/SP are ???

(??? indicates unknown data. She heals, just no clue until how much. It's either until you are out of red, OR up to full.)

01-12-2009 01:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AngryMerch Offline

Here's the script associated to Alice according to this

//petskillsupport skillid, skilllv, delay, hp%, sp%
//Casts a support skill when the health levels are below the specified hp% and
//sp%. Delay is the minimum time in seconds before the skill can be cast again

{ petskillsupport "AL_HEAL",5,60,25,100; }

I don't know how this server is set up, but in the case I just mentioned, she should heal when hp is below 25% and sp is below 100%.

She fights with her broom.
She never shuts up.
But she won't heal. Mad

Maybe there IS an accessory set for it.
If its ID in the pet_db.txt doesn't shows something else than a 0 (ie:1275,ALICE,Alice,661,9027,0,...), then something is set to be equiped.
01-12-2009 04:15 PM