Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mining - Stylish change
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Mining - Stylish change

having the old miner remove your picks and charge you for it would just be too much krim. at least not items, maybe a zeny value instead as you might not always get those items when mining, and with no way to get rid of broken picks it would just become insane. it would have to be a relatively minimal value of zeny though. something like 100k for every 75 picks, seeing as you can get 20 picks for 15k.
01-12-2009 04:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

There is nothing interesting if its zeny charging to remove the pick. Index the price of the pick to a higher value would do the exact same thing. This is why items are important.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
01-12-2009 05:04 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

You're even eviler than me, I was gonna make the broken pick simply sell to npc Sweat

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
01-12-2009 05:42 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

now's a good time to talk about a future option in future svn: there is a "rental" ability within items where items automatically disappear after a x amount of time since the time of item creation. You can theoretically set the broken pick to only go away after a certain amount of time, thus totally slowing down your mining progress due to dead weight, yet it won't cost your a dime or any inconvenience... except not being able to mine due to a cart full of dead picks.

Same can theoretically be applied to fish by making fish "rot" (rental timer expiring) to give potion a further edge since they got endurance and longetivity, where fish rots and goes away after blah time.

That's an option, but then the problem is using new commands in the item script may produce crazy errors since... it's new commands and it's eA that we're talking about.

01-12-2009 06:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

o_o @ ayu's idea

even more interesting

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
01-12-2009 06:07 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

LOL....damn I like the mining idea...but honestly fish not so much, I rarely fish and when I do I stockpile so I won't haveta go do it again after awhile. This would put me in a forced position to fish more often which will annoy me to heck and back.

Kafras can hold my fishies in their magical refridgerator kay thx.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
01-12-2009 06:20 PM
KohakuSan Offline
<3 Hill Lions!

But for example, how would my 100 angels I fished yesterday be different than the ones I got today since they'll be all stacked together in my storage?
This rental thing is for equips, which doesn't stack.
01-12-2009 06:52 PM
JJJ Offline
JJJ

kafra storage is in an air tight magical space vacuum! nothing rots while in it ={

and thats seriously evil =X
i'm only ever going to be able to mine with 20 picks at once if you do that >.>

[Image: SignatureVersion22.png][Image: Liffinished-1-1.png]
I Love To Help So If You Ever Need Something Feel Free To PM Me ^_^
01-12-2009 08:08 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Obviously, I don't know details about future additions to svns and things. A pity if the command only works for equipment and each needs to take up a specific spot... and not sure how it works with kafra storage. Still, part of innovation and being ahead of other server involves trying to use commands in ways eA didn't expect you to use it ;p

01-12-2009 08:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

+1 to the original suggestion and +1 to Ayu's suggestion.

Although i'm still reserved to the notion of having so many time-limit scripts on the inventory and also regarding how it will be counted for compounded items and it's relation to kafra storage.

Say i fish 10 angels now, and i storage and i go get some more fish (another 10 angels) within 15 minutes. When i put them in my kafra, will there be two separate stacks?
how will the timer run?
what if i get 10 angels, put in cart. go get some more bait, then get some more angels within 15 minutes and i put it in the cart. Will the same problems occur?

anyway, regarding the "used/broken" picks, i guess we could make the old miner say things like "don't litter" or "recycle" so that people will be forced to bring those items back to the old miner to be recycled... (note: throwing away rocks that you find while mining is not considered littering coz they're already there anyway xP) and perhaps as an incentive the old miner will give a partial refund! (10z?) xP
srsly, this might be a good way to infuse the concept of recycling to the masses (read: brainwash) xP

but to make it still a limiting factor, we should increase the "weight" of the broken picks because as in real life, broken items are harder to carry around and tend to take up more space than mint-condition items...

anyway, a limit to fishing would be a "fishing license" concept limiting how many baits you can buy for one day. Similar to real-life conditions to prevent over-fishing. I think this would be easier to script and implement rather than having the fish "rot"...

-w-
01-13-2009 05:14 AM