Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mining - Stylish change
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE: Mining - Stylish change

I only read the commands, so Kohaku maybe right that it's only for equipment when everything has its own slot. But hey you never know. A year ago, we said that it's "impossible" to give fish an animation too. Sometimes things just come with new development and ways to fix things.

01-13-2009 11:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KohakuSan Offline
<3 Hill Lions!

I just think it'd be hard to distinguish the "older" and "newer" fishes since they'd be stacked, that's a problem I can't think of how'd someone do it.

Maybe an option could be like that: the fish just rots while it's in your inventory(so no storage/cart rotten) but then again, how to differ them while you're fishing since their number is increasing.
01-13-2009 01:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

lol, I was just suggesting it as a possible idea to muse upon... first of all, it's uncertain if the new command even works at all. Secondly, do one thing at a time... now that we have a few more advanced mining tests out (fewer than we expected from the hype we've heard of though), we'll probably work on releasing that first then worry about anything we need for fishing/mining in addition to that.

01-13-2009 01:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Neuneck Offline
Back on the road!

Is mining really that broken? If I'm not mistaken, the new system makes you gain points slower, however, in return, the new spot has INCREASED rates of valuable Ores...
One thing that bothers me is: Why would you improve something, that you actually want to nerf?

And one thing I want to state clearly is that my original idea was purely cosmetic! (Didn't get the feeling everyone undersood that...)

Mr Moe - 99/69 SinX
Mr Satch - 9x/6x Clown
Mr Power - Xx/Xx Whitesmith
Mr Strafe - 9x/50 Hunter - Coffee Break
Mr Heal - 9x/50 Priest
01-13-2009 01:33 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

By nerfing something that needs to be nerfed, it is an improvement.

(the new mining scripts that we tested, does have nerfed rate compare to current mining. We're just unsure if we nerfed too much/little.)

01-13-2009 01:48 PM
Shain Offline

why not make those broken picks ad give the npc an option to repair those broken ones?
and the broken ones should wight almost the same as the normal ones and dropping them should force you to do a little quest like "clean up the dirt evryone is throwing away - if you wanna mine again" or something like that.
(lke logging the picks one broke and only give you new ones when you brought the broken ones back to repair or sell)
and as for fishing, just do the same "clean up" idea if people throw stuff awayIcon_biggrin (wll i guss tis wod take too much of effort)

Charakter:
Luci 93 Soul Linker
Lucina 96 Blacksmith
01-13-2009 03:20 PM
Zaratus Away
Bastard

I see another problem in the progress of getting mining points.
If a broken pick weights nearly the same (or even more) than a normal pick then it will become really hard to get any mining points since you have to get down there more often. It would probably be worst at the beginning and later when your picks break very seldom and you don't take that many you won't care that much about the few broken picks.

But it will get much harder to get mining points, in fact I think it is really slow at them moment (in comparison to fishing) and getting even more weight as beginner could frustrate some people.

And the people who get rich by mining should already have many mining points and can afford the few broken picks. Or do I miss a point?

Ayantis 99/70 High Priest
Draven 99/70 Sniper
Mordred 99/70 Whitesmith
Yuugi Hoshiguma 99/70 Champ

Shop closed due to HeRO being uninstalled.
Feel free to ask me for MSN or stuff.
01-13-2009 04:08 PM
Shain Offline

no, i guess you are right with that...
hm.. maybe if the picks had half the weight and there are "beginner kits" for chars under xx mining points that would not work at adv mining spot and brake harder, so that the start to get points is like novice grounds and after a bit of mining you can go like normal.
or maybe there could be some quests added to improve your mining skills (points) that are only aviable at lower point scores or atleast would give less at higher points.
atleast the idea with the broken picks could be done with a weight of 1~10 or so, just for the style.

Charakter:
Luci 93 Soul Linker
Lucina 96 Blacksmith
01-13-2009 07:36 PM
dejeuner Offline

How about the broken picks are linked to the Mining Hat (like the Big Fish Hat, only for mining)?

Like you can either drop them (25 weight) or NPC them (0z), or take them back to the miner who tells you "Thanks for bringing back these picks, it really saves me a bit of trouble getting the materials. Keep it up and I promise I'll get you something nice!"

And after 10,000 broken picks, presto, Mining Hat!
01-13-2009 08:52 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

nice idea there dejeneur, but then the mining hat would be too easily accessible as opposed to how hard getting fish bottles could be...

-w-
01-13-2009 09:54 PM