Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need some help with my Acolyte.
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

Need some help with my Acolyte.

Hey guys, I need some help in deciding what build I should use on my Acolyte. I am planning on becoming a Champion with him. When looking around for builds, I found a few "Battle Acolyte" builds that looked interesting.

Hardcore Battle Acolyte:
STR: 40
AGI: 80
VIT: 80
INT: 40
DEX: 40
LUK: 1

Speed Based:
STR: 79
AGI: 99
VIT: 1
INT: 30
DEX: 40
LUK: 1

Tons of others, but these two stood out. I want to be able to solo level this acc, and want to have a build that would help me "get ready" to become a monk/champ.
01-24-2009 03:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KohakuSan Offline
<3 Hill Lions!

RE: Need some help with my Acolyte.

At what level do you plan on getting to monk? From what I'm seeing you seem to have used a pretty high level stat points, you'd already be a monk by then. o_O
01-24-2009 03:50 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE: Need some help with my Acolyte.

Yea, while these builds look fairly decent for battle aco-dom, it'd probably be well into the mid 80's before you get enough stat points to get those.

if you're looking for an end result, I can be happy to critique what you got posted here according to my preferences.

End game Hardcore Build:

It's nice, but I think it could really use a little more dex and or str. Damage is lacking, and if you get pitted against things with flee (in this instance, lets use banshee as an example) you won't be able to hit it with perfect accuracy with 40 dex, even with the 10 extra dex you get from bless.

The lack of str means it'll take that much longer to kill things because of the lack of damage that comes with that.

It's decent for a battle build, it's enough for occasional heal, and buffs, and 80 agi already gives pretty decent flee and attack speed.

I'd opt for lowering vit a little in exchange for Str/Dex, but that's just me.

Endgame Speed Build:

All in all, I like this build, it's about hitting hard and fast (well as fast as an aco can without skills to OHKO enemies). I would try to at least get str up one more, to get the atk boost for having multiples of 10.

You have a lot of flee and attack speed to compensate for your lack of vit/HP, however, that could still be a major problem if you get hit with things like stun, or silence (when you need to heal). However, if you plan on doing specialized builds for killing certain mobs, this may or may not be too many wasted stat points. I'd relocate a few to dex/int. Your choice here.

I feel int might be a little low, but it's doable. You'll be screaming if you have to use your skills too often.

Same complaints with dex as hardcore build.
01-24-2009 04:57 AM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

RE:??Need some help with my Acolyte.

KohakuSan Wrote:At what level do you plan on getting to monk? From what I'm seeing you seem to have used a pretty high level stat points, you'd already be a monk by then. o_O

Lol, oh no, those are just builds I found on the internet. I barely turned into an acolyte todayIcon_biggrin. As of right now, I have a total of 95 status points laying around.
01-24-2009 05:37 AM