Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
RO2 in heRO?
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

RO2 in heRO?

[Image: hero2roughgp0.png]
Part I: The Races

Lol, Wut?Ok, here me out first before laughing.Icon_biggrin I am figuring that the majority of you don't like RO2 and the direction it is being taken in (being 3D and all). However, I think we can all agree that RO2 does have some likable features.

Such as...? Well, the introduction of the Ellr and Dimago as playable races. I think that if we can add those two races to heRO, we will probably be the first server to do so, and in doing so, will gain a lot more users.

Wouldn't that be hard?Well, I don't believe it will be too difficult. We already have this whole baby/orphanage thing in heRO, so that proves its possible to make small characters. Therefore, the Ellr shouldn't be too hard.

~*Ellr*~
[Image: ellrth5.jpg] As you can see, Ellrs have "elf-like" ears along with a small mark on their forehead. Basically, in RO, the Ellr would end up looking something like this, except smaller.
[Image: lightelf.jpg]*Image taken from [another server], I did not make it.

We can probably request our own elf like ellr sprite to be made at eAthena Support Board , but from seeing some of the spriting ability on these forums, I believe some of the users of heRO can make one with ease.No1

~*Dimago*~
[Image: dimagodx5.jpg]
Ok, making the Dimago will probably be much more harder since they are taller then humans.
Quote from Ragnarok Online 2 Wiki Page
Quote:The characters are designed to be 7-8 heads tall in height (that of an average human.) This, compared to the Ellr which are 2~3 heads tall or the Normans which are 4~6 heads tall, means that the Dimago will be the tallest playable race in the game.
Besides the height problem, the biggest problem would be attempting to make those horns that are protruding from the body of a Dimago. It would be amazing to see a RO sprite that looks exactly like a Dimago, but that would be very hard to do. I guess we can just make a Dimago by making it taller then normal and giving it pale skin w/ elf ears.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part 2: The Benefits

Ok, now we can easily stop at that. But I believe that if we want to stick true to heRO's motto of being "A heroic experience of Ragnarok" we should do a little more then just adding the races.

In RO2, each race has some sort of benefit for choosing the race.

Ellr I believe were supposed to be good at ranged damage and being support. So I guess we could give a 3-5% boost (in hp/sp gained per lvl, or something like that) if a Ellr chooses to become a Archer/Acolyte and whatever classes follow.

For Dimago, we could give them 3-5% a boost if they choose to be Swordsman-->Lord Knight, and any of the Expanded Jobs (GS, Ninja, etc).

Humans (or Normans) were able to switch between all classes with ease in RO2. I doubt we can do that in heRO and I don't think we should do that. Instead, maybe give them a 2% boost to everything, and to the classes that Normans are better in(like Paladins or High Wizard), they would get a 3-5% boost.

I believe this would add a little twist, and make heRO a much more "heroic experience"^^.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part 3: The Closure

Ok, I know that was a lot to read, but I hope that you guys did. As you can see, I spent more then five minutes to write this upLaugh.

Now some of you may be thinking, yeah, everything sounds great and all, but it is much harder to do it; then to talk about it.

I agree 100%. If I can get some sort of a yes, hell, even a maybe; I will do whatever I can to help this suggestion become a reality. I am not good with sprites whatsoever, but I will help with other things. I took a class back in the 11th grade and have some basic experience with Java and C#, (making simple games such as frogger, breakout, etc Icon_redface ). Its been a while, and I am a little rusty, but I am sure I can use some of that to be of some help.

Also, if we decide to take this a step further, and add some sort of storyline for these two races, I could help with that. I love writing, wrote a few fanfics before so I could help with that as well.

I think that if Pandora and the other GM's give this idea a shot, a lot more people then just me would be more then willing to help out. If not, then I am sure we should be able to "hire" some experts from the eAthena boards to aid us. I will donate as much as I can towards the cause if need be.

That is about it. I hope I can at least get some good opinions and discussion out of this suggestion, even if it doesn't come through. I would be more then happy if anyone would like to add their own ideas to it. Also, feel free to criticize and critique as much as you want, but please do give some sort of reason, instead of "U ph4il n00b"^^
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2009 02:28 AM by Kulluminatii.)
01-16-2009 02:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

RE: RO2 in heRO?

I have a slight observation, and just slight, but doing something like this would kill the price and demand for elven ears 8/

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
01-16-2009 02:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

RE:??RO2 in heRO?

Motenai_Ronin Wrote:I have a slight observation, and just slight, but doing something like this would kill the price and demand for elven ears 8/
Laugh

True, but thats if a ton of people were to reroll as a ellr/dimagoIcon_biggrin
01-16-2009 02:50 AM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

well what if there were those people that didn't want to go through all that but if they wore the elven ears, among other requirements (like for ellr being baby, and dimago being or wearing...i dunno) then you'd maybe not get the full benefits of those races, but maybe some of them, thus making elven ears once again worth being sought after.
01-16-2009 04:38 AM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

True....

or we could....

TAKE OUT THE ELVEN EARS FROM THE GAME *gasp*Icon_eek

In all seriousness though, that does seem like a way, sort of awkward, but it could work.

*Edit*

Just thought of this right now, maybe we could give some sort of buff to elven ears to make them still highly sought after, and ellr and dimago would be able to wear them as well, but you wouldn't be able to tell if they were or notIcon_biggrin
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2009 04:46 AM by Kulluminatii.)
01-16-2009 04:44 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

I'm sorry to disappoint but I'm going to have to say no.

It's too much work, too much to do, too much to fix (would be buggy). eAthena have a whole team and they aren't exactly fast at releasing the new content. This isn't a slight modification, RO doesn't currently have races in it, so it's a complete and new game mechanic to code. This would need to be hard coded in the emulator, it's not something I touch usually. The code of a npc and the code of the game are very different.

In addition the sheer number of sprites is also astonishing. Baby classes require 1 new class for each job, if you would add those 2 races with all available job we're looking at 100+ class to add in the code, to link skills to, and of course to sprite (even if the graphic aren't changed much it's an awfully long job).

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
01-16-2009 11:26 AM
Kirby_Z Offline
The Kirbster

I like the idea, always wanted to code a new class for RO myself but I dont have the tools to make it (even tho I have the idea and I know programing)??But everytime I try to download all the stuff needed to make codes and scripts I just get lazy an dont do it XD

But I can take this a motivation and challenge Icon_biggrin but I will have to quit playing on heRO while I do this since it's going to take my little free time I have that I use to playIcon_sad

Proud Member Of The Nya Nya Crew
[Image: nyanya.jpg][Image: 51000806.png]
Nya Nya Crew - ¥†‡ Hero's #1 Social Non Woe Guild ‡†¥
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2009 12:37 PM by Kirby_Z.)
01-16-2009 12:35 PM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

RE:??RO2 in heRO?

GM-Pandora Wrote:I'm sorry to disappoint but I'm going to have to say no.

It's too much work, too much to do, too much to fix (would be buggy). eAthena have a whole team and they aren't exactly fast at releasing the new content. This isn't a slight modification, RO doesn't currently have races in it, so it's a complete and new game mechanic to code. This would need to be hard coded in the emulator, it's not something I touch usually. The code of a npc and the code of the game are very different.

In addition the sheer number of sprites is also astonishing. Baby classes require 1 new class for each job, if you would add those 2 races with all available job we're looking at 100+ class to add in the code, to link skills to, and of course to sprite (even if the graphic aren't changed much it's an awfully long job).

Well, instead of making completely new races, why not start off everyone as Humans, and maybe through a system similar to the baby/orphange, you can "transform" into a Ellr/Dimago (since both are half-humans anyways).

Yes, I agree that it is a lot of work, but why not? If other RO servers can implement multiple races into their game, we should be able to do at least 2.

I am going to download all the files I need and try to attempt it. However, for some motivation, lets say I am able to code up the two races, would you consider it then?Icon_biggrin

Kirby_Z, your exactly like meLaugh , I usually do get lazy, but if we can get an ok by Pandora on this, I would definitely be motivated to work on it.
01-16-2009 06:04 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

RE: ??RO2 in heRO?

Kulluminatii Wrote:Well, instead of making completely new races, why not start off everyone as Humans, and maybe through a system similar to the baby/orphange, you can "transform" into a Ellr/Dimago (since both are half-humans anyways).

Yes, I agree that it is a lot of work, but why not? If other RO servers can implement multiple races into their game, we should be able to do at least 2.

They give some unique color palettes (like green for orc) and gives some bonuses depending of wich palette you wear?

More troublesome than what it can add into gameplay.??

But don't read me wrong, I'd like multiple races for ro, but depending how its done.??A green LK on his peco is an orc???1 week ok, but after that I'll be KThxButNoThx

edit : If you do valuable different racials sprite for every job, motion of the character and skills, I engange myself to make a prive ro server and name to name it KulluminatiiRO.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2009 08:44 PM by Général_Argos.)
01-16-2009 08:40 PM
Kulluminatii Offline
Arman

RE:????RO2 in heRO?

G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:
Kulluminatii Wrote:Well, instead of making completely new races, why not start off everyone as Humans, and maybe through a system similar to the baby/orphange, you can "transform" into a Ellr/Dimago (since both are half-humans anyways).

They give some unique color palettes (like green for orc) and gives some bonuses depending of wich palette you wear?

More troublesome than what it can add into gameplay.??

But don't read me wrong, I'd like multiple races for ro, but depending how its done.??A green LK on his peco is an orc???1 week ok, but after that I'll be KThxButNoThx

edit : If you do valuable different racials sprite for every job, motion of the character and skills, I engange myself to make a prive ro server and name to name it KulluminatiiRO.??

Lol, that is way too long of a nameIcon_wink. Besides, I don't have the resources or the time to run my own private server, that is why I would like to add onto this one, plus the fact that there is a awesome community here.

Maybe we can have a separate server for "heRo2", like there was when we had the temp high rate one. At first, to get the bugs out, we would make it a test server w/ mid to high rates, once everything is bug-free, we could either make it heRO2 or integrate it into heRO( I'd rather integrate itIcon_biggrin).

Im not expecting this little project to be done in a week, or even a couple of months, but if we could get a small group of people working on it, we should be able to get it done soon.

We could always "hire" some people from the eAthena boardsIcon_biggrin
01-16-2009 09:49 PM