Equip:
Alice Doll + Vanburk
Evil Wing Ears
Thief Clothes + Picky
Manteau + Whisper
Boots + Firelock
2x ring + mantis

IGN: ToneSin, ToneAlc

I usually keep an eye on main, shout a few times.
02-04-2009 12:24 PM
Find all posts by this user
Neuneck Offline
Back on the road!

RE: Assassin build

What would your aim be with that build? Would you be grimtoothing, equip critting, sbing or just plain hitting the enemies? Or is it a Dual Dagger build?
While I don't know much about DD sins it seems reasonable for those. Same goes for equip crit.
For grimtoothing you'd need less agi imho as it's hard to spamm a skill faster than 177 aspd and more str would do better then...
It looks reasonable so far, however as I know this server you'll be able to trans before you get those gears together...

Mr Moe - 99/69 SinX
Mr Satch - 9x/6x Clown
Mr Power - Xx/Xx Whitesmith
Mr Strafe - 9x/50 Hunter - Coffee Break
Mr Heal - 9x/50 Priest
02-04-2009 02:14 PM
Alexander Offline
Arch Angel

I thought about asking a lot of the same things until I realized the person didn't ask for advice or anything. It gets finger numbing spamming skills at 180's, but it's do-able. Plus the extra flee while you're mobbing is nice, as getting hit means flinching, which means death or f-wing cause that whole mob will be caught up.

I agree with the rest though, but would add a further question of PvM, PvP, or WoE...and would also add.....why the picky card? O.o
02-04-2009 05:42 PM
ROCKFISH Offline

Would be nice if you would say what your trying to do with this build...For grimtoothing it's alright but I'd say more INT cause your gunna run out fast if you plan on doing it for extending periods of time(grinding levels or farming) and for the 180+ aspd of spamming skills...if you grimtooth a lot or play something like a Teakwon Ranker you can easily do it and it's a lot better then 177 imo. For the picky card, it's kinda useless. While the atk is nice theres a fine line between how much damage your gunna do per hit copmared to DOT, go with something like a Peco Peco/Marc/ED depending if your leveling or something else.

Also having something like Firelock shoes(highly unlikely for most) and then medi-core gear is kinda odd. You would do much better with some combinations of Odin gears(much more reasonable) or at least use Tidals+Wool combo since it's so easy to get and not badly priced because everyone farms them. Anyways, is this suppose to be a final build or something to use as your leveling?

Not in cruelty,
Not in wrath,
The Reaper came today;
An angel visited
this gray path,
And took the cube away.

A doctor cures people.
A medic makes them more comfortable. While they die.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samael - 9x/6x Assassin Cross
MattyF - 8x/50 Fail Monk
02-04-2009 06:10 PM
tone Offline

ehh... I didn't really put that much thought into it..
Lots of good points though.. so let me run through it...

I only do PvE, so i just wanted something that was flexible enough to go leveling.. basically anywhere...

Picky Card adds +1 Str, and didn't really research other cards to see if there was anything better...

Firelocks are 2M, i don't think that is really out of reach...

Lastly.. the equips i chose were because I used Doddler, and wanted some nice round numbers... And this is just something of a guide line i'm following since the sinx stats would be different.

Please keep in mind its been about 3-4 years since I last played, so my knowledge about builds is pretty out of date...

02-05-2009 03:59 AM
Alexander Offline
Arch Angel

Still missed the part on what you intend to do. (Grimtooth, daggers, ect)

And yes, there is definitely better than picky. It just threw me, and others, a little bit off that your gear standards are mostly pretty high; Alice doll hat and evil wing ears for instance, and then....a picky card. Wait what?
02-05-2009 04:08 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

I'm guessing picky thief clothes is the OP's way to round off his stats. However, I'll rather just lower agi point to get 1 base str higher, and then compensate for the lack of aspd/agi with the armor, instead of forcing the armor to get both str and agi at once. (may also get to use up some of the points out of your you random int/luk as well this way).

02-05-2009 04:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
tone Offline

i would probably just go elemental katar, since all i'm missing is wind katar. I think i could do ok as DD too, since my build as decent str... so to answer, i just plan on strait attacks with SB in an emergincy.

So yea.. what other cards should i put aside from picky then?

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2009 04:30 AM by tone.)
02-05-2009 04:16 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

as a regular attack build i would say it's kind of OK, however i personally would prefer to have STR>AGI meaning if you set your gear and Job bonuses to get +21, i would probably go 99 STR and get 74-ish AGI as opposed to your 89 agi. Because you say you will probably be using regular attacks, then i assume that you won't mob as much, thus regular attacks + SB is more than enough and having 120 STR gives around (at least) 150-200 damage more than 110 STR per SB (not linked). And i think if you run it through a stat calc, you will find that 120 STR with around 15 less agi would still provide more DPS than 110 STR with 89 base AGI.

if you were going DD, then i would say having that bit more AGI wold probably be worth it as IMHO DD means letting the equips do the damage part while getting your stats to boost the Aspd (and in my head the best DD build would probably use status cards of sorts).

Anyway, if it were not to get 120 STR, i would say (like others have) that getting +1 STR from stat as opposed to using a picky in the armor section is a bit unwise...

and i think i understand what rockfish is saying: that firelock cards are best when the shoes are +9/+10, however i agree with you that firelock cards are relatively easy to hunt and not too expensive and that using one with regular boots just to get that STR boost is not a bad idea at all...

what i would like to question is why did you get 2+4 INT and 4+0 LUK? why not get 5 LUK (for damage bonus) or leave it at 1 LUK and get a bit more INT for your SP pool? I know that sins have poor SP-modifiers, but IMHO getting 5+0 LUK to get 1 extra damage (with 1+4 INT) is worse than getting 5+4 INT (with 1+0 LUK) which will give you roughly 9 more SP points than 2+4 INT (and a teensie bit more SP regen)...

whisper cards are fine, but somehow i like the Pantie+undershirt combo... yes the slotted versions are costly, however even un-slotted i think they're probably the best (marginal value per pay) combo out there...

other than that i think you're all set.. the headgears are kinda pricy, but i guess that's the price you have to pay for quality gear...

GL and HF!

-w-
02-05-2009 04:57 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Falcon muffler set is a nice set too for high agi based characters and is pretty obtainable if you set up for it Icon_wink

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
02-05-2009 05:28 AM
Thread Closed