Poll: What stops you from RPing?
Its to hard to get into
It doesn't intrest me
I can't keep up with it
I don't like RPing
Rping is hard for me
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What stops you from RPing?
Fatalis Offline
Shadow of Nobody

RE: What stops you from RPing?

Honestly? I enjoy RPing, but there's two factors on heRO that have stopped me from doing so.

One is the overall difficulty of gathering or lack of people who do it on an active basis - Most people just use Prontera Tavern as a free warp as opposed to an actual gateway to roleplay. (That said, you can't even sit on the seats!)

And the second is an undeniable truth being that heRO is NOT roleplaying based - It's a substandard nifty bit of fun on an otherwise normal Low Rate server meaning that has no real staff-established rules or fleshed out and consistent, active setting to work around, meaning nearly everything done is freely open to the point of people just making up their own thing.

Click below for my (unfinished) wiki page!
[Image: PersonalSig.jpg]
[ Known in-game as Revenant Fatalis ]
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2009 06:30 AM by Fatalis.)
04-29-2009 06:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pyronic Offline
Fire Starter

People whining about you actually RPing...

[Image: pyrosig1ln4.th.jpg]

Uploaded with
ImageShack.us
    *~Talking to my blades like they fly b*tches~*
05-06-2009 05:31 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

I actually don't RP because one time teOx threatened to defriend me on MySpace if I did...

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
05-06-2009 05:35 PM
Chained Chaos Offline

RE:??What stops you from RPing?

Ayna Wrote:Otherwise, I'm a writer. So I love roleplaying. What stops me from doing it in a writing setting is lack of originality and proper writing. Haven't RPed in months because no one does it at my level. It's all the same things over again and one?liners.

This. I'm a writer by trade, and I quite enjoy a good venture into RP -- but the issue for me is that, for one, I'm much more of a forum RPer if anything. The game's text limits drive me up walls, and considering how I write lengthy, detailed posts.. that doesn't sit well with me.

I try not to brag on myself if at all possible, but I have a publisher that's still tapping their foot furiously waiting on me to get my act together and go back to writing in a serious fashion. I only bring this up because it's grating for me to attempt RPing with people whose grasp on grammar and spelling don't quite cut it. Word abbreviations and one-liners, coupled with the annoying lack of what in my opinion would be original stories, are what keep me from RPing.

Don't take me as being elitist by any means, though. I have absolutely no problem with people RPing any way they want to. I'm just picky about what I join in on.

[Image: tyraelsigix4.jpg]
05-10-2009 02:35 AM
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

I find RP-ing wonderful really. but I think i scared a few people away like angel fates. where did he go anyhow? did he left?

When someone calls you a lunatic and the first thing that came to mind is a cute, fluffy, white bunny, you know you've played too much RO.

Welcome to our world.
05-10-2009 02:59 AM
Snejk Offline

Instead of complaining here, why we wouldn't just set up a roleplay(with fresh characters), and see how it ends up like? It's fun if you're not alone, you know.
05-10-2009 06:40 AM
LonelyAsentic Offline

Rping is fun for me. I really enjoy it, but the thing that makes it hard to join is the fact that it's sometimes fast-paced. For an example, i have vacation coming up and im in the middle of RPing. When I come back, everyone's already starting a war and I'm left behind in some sort of cave that has strong monsters or im left in the castle, doing nothing but guard duty.

Sometimes, the best ways to win a fight is to not fight the person, especially when your opponent is a girl

[Image: 53026045.png] [Image: 82691865.png]
05-11-2009 08:41 AM
Kelta Offline
The Gothic Lolita

you should also add: "nobody else roleplays"

i'm an avid roleplayer, but its hard to find other roleplayers. i never see it in chats in town, or anywhere for that matter. nor do i ever see much a bout it on the forums themselves.

then again i tend to hide and i'm not online when most people are, so mauybe its my fault.

Character: Kelta 8x fs high priest
message me if you wanna party

there is no quitting ragnarok. some day you will be back. back until the day that the game simply no longer exists. and then you will create your own version of ragnarok. because it lives in your blood.
05-29-2009 08:46 PM
katleoyumi Offline

Lol it doesn't interest me at all. I'd rather just write my own stories. =P

pocket size linh [whitesmith] **
pocket size Iinh [baby blacksmith] **
Blackchapel [baby monk] **
Lowercut [baby monk] **
King Boo [alchemist]

Guild: HappyChildFoundation
06-15-2009 10:23 AM
Lady Mazy Offline

I worry about people taking me too seriously.?That, and I'm not sure if people would be very tolerant of it.??But I very much enjoy RPing and have been a dedicated forum RPer for years.??

I am, however, toying with the idea of acting out a fabricated personality.??Seems like it would be fun in the right circumstances.??Something not too serious, maybe???Still, I am afraid that people would take me the wrong way.??Cry

??
07-15-2009 04:42 AM