Poll: What's your opinion on item trial monsters?
They are adequate right now.
They are too easy
They are too difficult
They are only easy for certain classes (list what class in post)
No opinion/don't care
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ToH Monster: Feedback?
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

ToH Monster: Feedback?

So Pandora gave me the priviledge to look after most of the ToH monsters and the customized ToH Item Trial monsters for some time now, and feedback about the monster choices/difficulty in these two trials will be appreciated.

a) what do you think about toh monster trial choices lately?

b) answer the poll regarding item trial monsters?

02-14-2009 12:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE: ToH Monster: Feedback?

hmm, some classes definately have the advantage over others here. That's always going to be a fact, unless you spawn porings or something.

Snipers tend to get through here no problem, and Whitesmiths although abusing lots of money, are a close second. Suppose krimstyle frenzy Knights would work too. I liked Item trial before back when the monsters weren't cast sensitive, but??I suppose it makes it a bit more fair, and easier to tell if you're KSing someone. Sorta limits the priests even furthur. if they do choose to go there??with their arsenal of ele wings.

And Autosteal is always godly in item trial.

Last time I attended, there were lots of monsters that I couldn't even hope to survive. Event moonlight and her spell spam (though it did give me some good Magic rod practice, couldn't really run and she mammo-spammed me while I was preoccupied with Waterball),??Fast movement and fast attack speed monsters really really really hinder??Mages, especially in the fact that one particular ToH, I've been mentioning,??Gryphon is fast, hard hitting, and immune to status.??No hope of survival there, couldn't run and live or win in a fight, and I would have thought that'd be something??more for the miniboss challenge.

It leads me to beleive ToH isn't Mage Friendly at all.??Maybe bring in some monsters with insane def and low Mdef?
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2009 12:35 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
02-14-2009 12:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Alexander Offline
Arch Angel

There isn't an option for what I had in mind. I think it varies GREATLY.

One month ToH had something like Skeletons for the first mob, the next month it was bio 2 monsters. Uh? HUGE difference. So it's hard to say. Sometimes it's it's probably really difficult if not impossible for most people who don't have completed characters, sometimes adequate. Either way I think it gears mostly toward the veteran crowd...a few times exclusively.

As for the second trial, I wasn't aware they were -supposed- to be difficult. I always saw it as a mash the MVP looking porings event. Then again, I go on a reasonable to consider "complete" character. At most the elements can get a bit annoying (just the ghost jerk).
02-14-2009 12:34 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

The poll part is for the item trial only, which are always the same monsters ^_^;

Yeah I know mage always get the brutal end of the rod and sniper walks away the easiest. However naturally official mobs just tend to do that >>; not a lot of them have defenses to ranged attacks, and I can only honestly think of Ice titan and very rare few others that fit "maybe bring in some monsters with insane def and low Mdef?"

The Hunter over mage thing is understood by everyone... but honestly I have no idea how to "fix it." Added defender to Turtle General but I am not too sure if helped...

02-14-2009 12:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sepharius Offline
:3

Well I am a hunter, and when I did it, it didn't go out so well. ;(

I know people say that it was my first time and all, but as a hunter I expected to do better. Traps don't really work against mobs that spawn like 7 slaves, either.

I think to entice more people to attend ToH, either:

1) Make it so the rewards are more worth it for the insane amount of time it takes to do it (8 hours... and a gift box? Yea right.)

2) Make it easier a bit so newer players won't be as intimidated (and if they do get intimidated, there is a high probability they won't attend the next ToH until they're trans).

That's how I see it. Just an input from me.

[Image: chibiscorp.jpg]
Want Third class sprites? Click here!
02-14-2009 12:47 AM
KohakuSan Offline
<3 Hill Lions!

First ToH is for learning how it is, if you give up after that...meh.
I failed my first one as a knight 7x or 8x and I couldn't wait to level and gear up more for the second.
You don't need to trans or have great gear to do it, and the rewards are the ToH Wings, one of the best armors...

I voted on Too Easy, item trial monsters are just "click, kill, click another, kill again", no fun. It's like farming poring cards...
02-14-2009 12:56 AM
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

You know, people talk about Gryphon and Event Moonlight like they were the most terrible things ever...yet my Champ did them in...easily Sweat Yet I get horribly owned by Fast Movement speed and High ASPD monsters like Ancient Mimic.

And boss flagged monsters should NEVER be outside of the miniboss round @_@ Even if I didn't have problems with Gryphon, sae anything that's a "boss" for the Miniboss round mmkay?

Otherwise...it's so varied it's hard to say o_O;; I guess it's a matter of making sure it's actually doable.

Item is fine =O Even if Garm's freezing is annoying.

Too bad this isn't a thread for overall ToH opinion though =/ Cause there's definitely more problems with the event as a whole than there are the monster choices.

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2009 12:57 AM by Fruityla.)
02-14-2009 12:56 AM
Rika Offline
Angel of Infinity

It's high recommendation to not even consider ToH unless your Trans with a few exceptions to high-end Hunters and special classes, like Soul Linkers. In my opinion, it's rather unfortunate that the Trials cater to veterans, considering its expected we participate in five in order to reach the final set of wings. However, to make it "manageable" for non-trans, it effectively becomes a LoLaPwn Fest for trans. (Did that even make sense?) Not to mention the fact that the event lasts around 7 hours and has a fee in order to participate, it really is a waste of time to go on a non-trans, non-geared character.

I blame Gravity for having such a huge difference in their classes Icon_mad

As for the actual monsters. "Disguising" them like in the last trial was a pretty neat idea. It added a sense of unknown, makes it harder to figure out what element was needed on the spot (I'm sure it made it harder to sneak information around as well because we know its there somewhere!). The part that killed it was the ungodly amount of slaves that showed up during one of the trials. I was on my Assassin Cross, in a horrible leveling build. But thats no excuse to my flee being reduced to 0 as all those mobs ran towards me all at once. I even killed more than half of them as I worked my way across the room, hoping to avoid grabbing all their attentions. >_> It was depressing...and definitely shows how horrible I am at playing a sin I suppose. What's sad is I was one-shotting the mobs with SB and couldn't properly target the right one. End of my rant on that is, mobs should be challenging, but they shouldn't just overwhelm in numbers.

What would be nice would be if there was time to create customized mobs. Ones that don't have drops, and can't be RMSed. With that in mind, not too powerful either o_O;

Item Trials, the biggest issue is the map size versus participants. No matter how hard you try, there is always someone else practically on the same square attacking mobs. KSing galore, be it intentionally or not. Is it possible to create duplicates of the map and split people into them? The mobs themselves are fairly easy, especially if you are in a one-shot type build.

[Image: livingcolor.jpg][Image: soulessence.jpg]
Angel Empire♥
Rika[Assassin Cross]    -    Aorie[High Priest]
02-14-2009 01:16 AM
Sepharius Offline
:3

RE:??ToH Monster: Feedback?

Rika Wrote:
Item Trials, the biggest issue is the map size versus participants.??No matter how hard you try, there is always someone else practically on the same square attacking mobs.??KSing galore, be it intentionally or not.??Is it possible to create duplicates of the map and split people into them???The mobs themselves are fairly easy, especially if you are in a one-shot type build.??

I agree with this. I saw people KSing nonchalantly, regardless if someone was attacking it or not. Clearly they favor their own gain over being courteous to another player. A multi-map split of the item ToH is something that should have been done last ToH, I think.

[Image: chibiscorp.jpg]
Want Third class sprites? Click here!
02-14-2009 01:55 AM
Herman Offline
Tank of your Dreams

I voted too easy... yes, I have a 99 WS I use for it, they are most likely going to be fairly easy for me no matter what you put in there in order to make it manageable for most. My input though, is that its a trial of hero's, not trial of nubs. No need to make even the first wave "easy" per say. I dont get an automatic "easy" round in PVP (unless i fight fates first =p love ya man) I think the monsters should get stronger as rounds go on, but it doesnt mean the first one should be a bunch of one shot kills. And in my opinion, 50% of people should be succeeding with 10 points on round 4 and maybe 25% at round 5.

This is just my opinion tho, I doubt it will happen, but I hope it does =p

retired except for..

the Herman Zeny Sink event of 2011.. 3.5b drained and
counting..
02-14-2009 02:05 AM