Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
Server news
GM-Scott Offline
The one you love to hate

Fixed job changing quests

Some players complained that the Bard and Monk job changing quests were a little buggy. Both of these have been updated to the latest version available in the SVN so any bugs should have been ironed out by the main eAthena developers.

I recommend looking for help (forum, fellow players, how to, etc) before filing a ticket about a bug since a lot of players just don't try hard enough and end up blaming their situation on a bug when the quest works just fine.

Thanks for your understanding.

Scott
01-09-2006 12:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Feith
Unregistered

Second Edition of the Screen Contest!

heRO's Screen Contest is back for the second edition. All the infomations are on the forum. Same instructions, same criterias, same categories, same prizes.

Do not hesitate to put your efforts into this to get incredible results.

The DEADLINE IS FEB 01 2006.

Good Luck to all of you. :3
01-13-2006 03:29 AM
Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ben
Unregistered

heRO Server BGM (Music) Add-On

There is finally a BGM (music) add-on to our heRO Full installer. If you downloaded our full installer and want to add music to it, there is a 150mb download available at the following location:

http://files.filefront.com/4609890

You just need to point the installer to your RO folder and everything will get installed. If you never changed anything while installing kRO/Sakray, it will automatically install to the right folder.

Ben
01-13-2006 10:23 PM
GM-Ben
Unregistered

Server updates

Following today WoE we made a few update to the server namely:

- Changed the Prontera Kafra back to its normal look (removed halloween skin - was about time)
- Added GM-Lars to the list of GM
- Added PVP warper to the middle of prontera (left to the kafra)

Enjoy
01-19-2006 12:43 AM
GM-Ben
Unregistered

SVN Update - Well trying

Ok server is currently down as I am trying to update to the latest SVN (many many new features included) I announced ingame that it was to take around 30 minutes, it is leaning toward an hour. Hopefully it will be back real soon.

Ben
02-07-2006 05:38 PM
GM-Ben
Unregistered

New SVN (server version) - Installation completed

Some debugging is left to be done but it seems to be working fine. We will give it a test run for tonight and if everything goes smooth it should stay that way. Expect more reboot from our part in the next few days to get things straight. Please report any anomaly you find (except that weird halo in prontera at the place our custom kafra should be - allready noticed). I will be back later tonight with more information about those updates.

Ben
02-07-2006 06:39 PM
GM-Ben
Unregistered

New SVN fully loaded

Well everything is now up and working. We corrected the major bug surrounding it.

Notable changes include:
- Taekwondo | Soul Linker | Star Gladiator
- Main chat
- 2nd job quest skills
- Dual-clienting/infinite zoom client
- Removed christmas prontera
- Added news to the patcher screen

Ill include the full changelog in this news tomorrow so you can read everything that has been done since the PR1.

Before to report anything as a bug, please try to check if it hasnt been made as a quest. I know for sure that some old "easily" accessible stuff now requires quests to be done.

Note that if your game crash you will need to update it, either run the file named sakray.exe from your ragnarok folder, or redownload the latest version of sakray/ragnarok.

We will soon update the full installer for a more uptodate version.

Good night everyone, hope you are enjoying today changes.

Ben
02-08-2006 01:28 AM
GM-Feith
Unregistered

Please update

Don't forget to UPDATE your Sakray.exe in your RO folder.

With the SVN updated, many of you seems to be crashing due to the new classes and skills. All you need to do is to run sakray.exe and wait until you get all the lastest updates. Then, you won't crash anymore.

If you have any problem to use your sakray.exe, use this : Old Sakray Updater. This old Sakray updater should work fine.

Feith
02-09-2006 01:26 AM
GM-Ben
Unregistered

About the new SVN (server update)

First of all, if you are crashing a lot I would recommend updating sakray by running the file named "sakray.exe" in your RO folder. If it doesn't work read this thread containing some informations:

http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=1147

Now about the update. As with any update there are skill that are better than they used to, some are weaker. The team developping eAthena (the emulator we are using) are trying to have it as close as possible as the real officials servers. Same goes for quests and such. We can't look nor change back every single change they made. If you feel something is wrong, I post ed the 3 changelogs that were produced since the last version of the server we were running. Try to search them for your particular inquiry, it will most likely be answered.

Many of the listed changes are "technical" but still some very useful informations might come from these.

Ben
02-11-2006 12:50 PM
GM-Ben
Unregistered

New versions of the installers

I just updated the different installers for our server. Anyone still having difficulties updating sakray or/and seeing taekwon/soul linker/star gladiators might want to have a look at those.

removed old patches

Ben
02-18-2006 12:58 PM