Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PVP Ranking/Ladder
Monkey Feet Offline
Fated to be Hated

RE: PVP Ranking/Ladder

Ofcourse they might not be a proff or a hw, or have auto status stuff, have SW, cicada, are that fast to run in -1 second, or have enough to tank it. I was talking about 1v1 PvP ladder when I ment the asura thing.

It is for some people X(

[Image: monkey.png]

[Image: siggymonkey.jpg]
02-20-2009 11:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

azurerogue Wrote:Asura is not, by any means, the end-all skill in PvP.

YEH!!!! Acid demo is.

Ok how bout this a monthly team pvp tournament. Winning team not only get prizes but are written down on the bored as the kingdoms greatest fighting team. We can call it the Kings gladiatorial Games or something. We can make the prize 5 royals a team member so winning is equal to free nobility or even ranked nobility if you keep winning.

Give it a entrance fee. Prohibit the items that need prohibiting. Limit it to like 5 players per team. To make it interesting the present champion team could get free entry into the next tournament, and if a new team becomes champion they get bonus prize.

If after 5 months one team is still champion they must disband for at least another 5 months. *So it doesn't become monopolized* This does allow for players to join up into new teams but no more then 2 of those original members from the team can be allowed into a new team at once.

Players cant change their team during the event. If a player doesn't make it to the event the team can either forfeit or play with a player less. If a team is champion it cannot change its team without giving up the rights to being champion. If a player leaves the champion team with a suitable reason. The team may replace them with a player of the same class but they only have till at least 1 week before a tournament.

Time limits for the fight will be 5 minutes. If at the end of the fight the team with the most players alive wins. If the same number of players on each team are equal then a representative of each team will step forward and fight in a 2 minute duel. If again this ends up as a tie then the match is a tie. If the teams representative wins then the team wins.

a Win would count for 3 points
a tie 1
a loss 0

the two teams with the highest score will fight in the final which has a 30 minute time limit. Their is no Ties if the match isn't over in 30 minutes both teams lose.

Their will be no restocking of items during the tournament. Players must use what they carried in. Players may only trade with other players on their teams. Ygg leaves are forbidden. Priests may resurrect. Humunculous' can only be resurrected once. Any fish higher then Salmon/Mutant are prohibited.*Alltho i'm considering making it no healing items*

Uh more later.

Ideas?

[Image: 330g3na.gif]
"A utopia without love is just an illusion"
Angel Fates /99-68/1 agi 190aspd Lord Knight.
Magia Erebea Elysia /83-49/ Battle Alchemist
Magia Elysia/94-50/Magic Bullet Monk <-Needs work.
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2009 11:56 AM by Avalon_Fates.)
02-20-2009 11:35 AM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE:??PVP Ranking/Ladder

Monkey Feet Wrote:Ofcourse they might not be a proff or a hw, or have auto status stuff, have SW, cicada, are that fast to run in -1 second, or have enough to tank it. I was talking about 1v1 PvP ladder when I ment the asura thing.

It is for some people X(

So basically you're saying you can't counter a skill if you have none of the stuff needed to counter it? Informative. Just get a hide clip. If you're good enough you can hide dodge 130-140 dex Asura's with Ruwach up anyways.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
02-20-2009 11:38 AM
Monkey Feet Offline
Fated to be Hated

I do have a hide clip and really? = O

How do you do that? = O

[Image: monkey.png]

[Image: siggymonkey.jpg]
02-20-2009 11:43 AM
azurerogue Offline

You've got to practice it, really, it's hard to describe the timing. If they DON'T have Pneuma up, just hide during the cast time. If they do, you need to hide so that you're still in hide during the split second between when your animation finishes (the hide animation) and Pneuma pulls you back out.

It's not so bad if you practice a lot. An easy way to practice in town is to have an HP friend cast Pneuma and cast various levels of Assumptio on you and try to hide-dodge the buff itself.

02-20-2009 11:48 AM
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

Post about pvp tournament idea Up dere.

02-20-2009 11:57 AM
azurerogue Offline

I think the best system you could come up with would work something like this:

PvP Season (I've suggested this before, but there was simply not enough interest for me to want to continue with it).

These are all just opinions/suggestions

*Anyone can enter.??Perhaps have a small (50k?) entry fee which are all collected and awarded to top-ranked people at the end of the "season."

*Item Restrictions: No Nemo/Dory.??Other than that, everything can be used.??Perhaps restrict fish entirely to possibly make people think about using potions???Not sure.??But don't take away potting in its entirety.??

*Point System.??This is more difficult.??You can either go with a complext point system (I have several that I have stolen/adapted from other games I play), or a basic W-L-T ranking and make the season a round-robin thing where everyone fights everyone else at some point.??

*Extended Time.??The whole reason this should be a season is because of the time it would take.??Each week assign X amount of matches (1-5?) that need to take place in a special PvP room.??Maybe make an NPC that can check for illegal items like the ToH one (but with different restrictions).??Have the people assigned to fight each week set up a time on the forums and arrange for a GM/someone to be there to record the results of the fight.??This way we're not trying to cram a whole tournament into one day (which is fine, but lots of people can't stay that whole time).??

*Match Limits.??5 or so minutes with a tie after that time.??Players may agree to draw or one may forfeit at any point.??

*Post current standings on the forums and, perhaps, in game.

EDIT: I have more ideas for this kind of system...but I don't know if there's enough interest to be worth working them all out.

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2009 12:05 PM by azurerogue.)
02-20-2009 12:04 PM
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

Between me and you sir we could take over the world...or atleast make a kick ass PVP system.

But I don't think making it we need to bug the GM's every time we want to set a time for the fight would work. It would need to be more automated.

02-20-2009 12:09 PM
azurerogue Offline

Automated would be fine if you could make a script to record who wins each PvP match, I believe. I think it's even possible, but I don't personally know how to do it in the script language that eAthena uses. *shrugs*

02-20-2009 12:12 PM
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

We need a team......a A Team.....specificly made to create a awesome pvp tournament.

02-20-2009 12:24 PM