Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
+10 1337 Game Thread
Spire Offline

RE:??+10 1337 Game Thread

Alexander Wrote:Did anyone else sacrafice the virgin children at midnight for the Skurm's bow or whatever? Man was that thing awesome.

Skorm*

And no, I couldn't bring myself to hurt innocent people. However I did play an Archer Type in the first one. And a gunslinger in the second, I'm a sucker for ranged combat.

VaIor: Paladin 9x/6x, Valor: High Priest 99/70, Valor's Chemist: Creator 9x/6x, Weaver: Clown 99/70, Blank: Stalker 9x/6x, Spire: Sniper 9x/6x
Current project: Farming zeny to buy stuff to put my cards in! Whistle

I am a proud member of The 'Wine Brewing Society'. If you are interested in joining, look for a representative in aldebaran. Or make a post in our guilds forum thread!
02-22-2009 07:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Alexander Offline
Arch Angel

RE: +10 1337 Game Thread

I knew it was either an "o" or "u", whatever. Point is, it was awesome. I'm not usually one for ranged combat in games like that, however for that it was fun. Especially head shots. You should play through and get the bow. You get to be good up until the temple! And then...you know, one small piddly child sacrifice at midnight and you're on your way to being good again!
02-22-2009 12:59 PM
Sepharius Offline
:3

Alexander Wrote:10. Fable (X-box)

Did anyone else sacrafice the virgin children at midnight for the Skurm's bow or whatever? Man was that thing awesome.

If it weren't for the fact that the evil Temple was in the middle of Darkwood, I'd take people there more often. Usually they get mauled by some monster or other 1 map in, and since I'm an evil (lazy) person, I just stand and go "eh, theres always more to bring, yeh kno'?".

[Image: chibiscorp.jpg]
Want Third class sprites? Click here!
02-22-2009 01:55 PM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

The brothel was also out in Darkwood.
Bet that didn't stop you doing that. D=<

Inasad
stop doing dickers
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2009 12:47 AM by Ellie.)
02-23-2009 12:46 AM
Sepharius Offline
:3

Ellie Wrote:The brothel was also out in Darkwood.
Bet that didn't stop you doing that. D=<

If there was a teleporter in Darkwood, I would have bothered to go there. Since there wasn't, and I was a lazy (good) person, I just decided to get on with the main quest. Lost Chapters adds a bit more, but... not really much.

One of the weapons I really liked was Avo's Tear, that was pretty fun to play around with. xD

[Image: chibiscorp.jpg]
Want Third class sprites? Click here!
02-23-2009 01:23 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Alexander gets points for the Shining Force 1+2 love! :D
Also, surprised you actually mentioned the original Phantasy Star series, but personally I only ever really enjoyed playing 4.
Man...10 games, I'm too lazy to point out reasonings and in no particular order it'd haveta be this.

1. Legend of Mana
2. Robotrek
3. Illusion of Gaia
4. Shining Force II
5. Persona 3
6. Sonic 2 (Sonic and Tails <3)
7. Final Fantasy 6
8. Puzzle Quest
9. Langrisser 2+ Der Langrisser (they are different and yet the same)
10. Saga Frontier 2

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
02-23-2009 03:02 AM
Alexander Offline
Arch Angel

Yay! Points!

Yeah, IV really was the epitomy of the series, but I thought III was good too. At least, if you went the same marriage route, otherwise the storyline felt awkward and didn't include the nice details. Saga Frontier II and the Persona's escaped my memory. The former being awesome, and the latter I'd only played the first of the series. =o\ Points for you too though.
02-23-2009 07:32 AM
Sakurato Away
Full Support Copycat

These are not ordered from favorite to least favorite. They are just my 10 favorite games.

1. FF11 (<3!)
2. FFT (PSX/PSP)
3. Dark Cloud 2 (Played through this 5-6 times :S )
4. Ragnarok Online (...to...many hours of ro>< )
5. Star Ocean 4 ( I don't care if it comes out tomorrow :@:@ IT'S GOING TO BE AWESOME)
6. Star Ocean 2 (Grew up playing this :D)
7. Everquest 2 ( I like online games D: )
8. Diablo 2 ( Back when I used to play this I was...really into it ): >< )
9. Tales of vesperia
10. Onimusha: Dawn of dreams ( I like to stab things)

This list is based of play time of each game which I would conclude makes them my favorite Icon_biggrin. OK aside from SO4 >> << BUT IT WILL GET time I promise you D<.

Kohana|Sinx
Euphorie|Champ
Sonatina|Gypsy
Sakurato|High Priest
Nozomi|Whitesmith
Sakura|Professor
Frejya|Sniper
Ayami|Creator
Anei|Stalker
Fumiko|High Wizard
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2009 03:17 PM by Sakurato.)
02-23-2009 03:16 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Not sure if I'll come up with 10, and these won't be in the exact order I want them most likely... well, let's try.

1. Baldur's Gate Series
2. Ragnarok Online
3. Final Fantasy Series (Especially X and XII - see below)
4. Neverwiner Nights (Not the actual game, the online modules that I've played - Aeranor and a few others)
5. Guild Wars
6. Phantasy Star Online Ver2 (Dreamcast)
7. Super Smash Brothers (Mostly Melee, but I've enjoyed all of them)
8. Bubble Bobble
9. Pokemon Red/Blue (never played any of the others)
10. Spider Solitaire

--------------------

Breakdown

1. I've spent a lot of time on these games. I loved the original when I was younger. I still enjoy playing BGII + ToB expansion, just because of how stupidly powerful you can become.

2. I wouldn't waste so much time on the game if I didn't love it. Incidentally, I wouldn't be posting on these forums if I didn't either.... so yea.

3. Okay, there are specific reasons I like X and XII best, and it's because they're the only ones I've spent time to make stupidly broken characters in. Example: In Final Fantasy X, I decided (when I was bored one summer during college) to re-engineer the sphere grid so all my characters would have 255 in all stats and around 64k-ish HP (I think, can't remember). I haven't actually finished yet, the grid is still missing some HP spheres and Luck spheres...it's silly fun to watch Lulu deal 99999 damage with a doll. Example 2: I currently have a level 70-something Vaan in FFXII, and I haven't even had whats-her-face join my team yet... I just enjoy doing silly things with these games.

4. Some of the modules made for Neverwinter Nights were amazing. Some guy who went by Igulfast made a server called Aeranor and it was amazing. I spent a lot of time playing there, even though the player base was like 30 people. Yummy fun.

5. Guild Wars. I have a love/hate relationship with this game. I don't actually think the game itself belongs on the +10 1337 Games list...but I'm still addicted to maxing titles in this game, even though I'm no longer entertained by the game itself. If you offer me an objective version of "perfection" in a game, it's enough to keep me hooked. They also made me hate them by making two of the titles mutually exclusive, so no matter what I do I'll never have EVERY title on just one character. Mad

6. I had actually forgotten about this game until a few days ago (ironically), when Herman was playing it in his room. Since then I moved my Dreamcast from my parents' house to my apartment. I haven't played more than an hour so far...but I'm sure a lot more time will be wasted leveling one of my characters sometime soon...

7. Fun with friends, fun online, fun fun fun.

8. If anyone says this game isn't amazing, I'll cut you. Simple as that. this game is FULL UP on WIN.

9. Whatever. I enjoyed them when I was young. I still sometimes pick up my game boy when I visit home (I gave it to my little brother) and mess around with it.

10. I couldn't think of a "legit" 10th game, and I play this one when I'm really bored. There you have it.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
02-23-2009 03:39 PM
Spire Offline

azurerogue Wrote:3. Okay, there are specific reasons I like X and XII best, and it's because they're the only ones I've spent time to make stupidly broken characters in. Example: In Final Fantasy X, I decided (when I was bored one summer during college) to re-engineer the sphere grid so all my characters would have 255 in all stats and around 64k-ish HP (I think, can't remember).

I did that. It took for freaking ever. I also completed the Lightning minigame... twice. Once for me, once for a friend.

VaIor: Paladin 9x/6x, Valor: High Priest 99/70, Valor's Chemist: Creator 9x/6x, Weaver: Clown 99/70, Blank: Stalker 9x/6x, Spire: Sniper 9x/6x
Current project: Farming zeny to buy stuff to put my cards in! Whistle

I am a proud member of The 'Wine Brewing Society'. If you are interested in joining, look for a representative in aldebaran. Or make a post in our guilds forum thread!
02-23-2009 05:34 PM