Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zeny Knife and Santa Jester questions
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

RE: Zeny Knife and Santa Jester questions

stone buckler means no valk shield, which is critical so that point is useless.

logic aside (think it was pretty much agreed that you cant use "realism" to determine game mechanics), the game was made with medium pecos in mind. it affects the weapon choices of nearly every class and messes with intended game mechanics

-instead of a boned infiltrator, most people use bloody, which makes bloody roar that much more viable when in reality its supposed to be pretty crappy.

-all classes that use quad bloody weapons lose out on alot of their damage to all classes (2x2x weapon has more % modifier as well as +10 more atk). same goes for triple bloody weapons to a lesser extent.

-as if arrow vulcan didnt suck enough.

-as if spiral pierce didnt suck enough

-all large classes receive a boost in tanking which is significant on more than just a few occasions, even in pvm. for example assassins lose out on 35 atk against large when using infiltrator, which is alot more than a porcellio for comparison purposes. and in pvm large will take almost 20% less from spiral casted by monsters.

-pierce, not that anyone really cares about pierce.

-no one like skeleton workers anymore. they are supposed to be more sought after than hydras

-etc 2190381290 things i missed

lol off topic
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2009 01:33 AM by teOx.)
02-23-2009 01:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

just take down your enemies with zknife and make money killing your enemies Icon_wink

if only the knife worked that way Icon_sad (it might and i just don't know it lol)

anyway, yeah let's not bring up the idea of logic anymore when referring to RO. if it's ayu's riddles, then ok, but otherwise gtfo logic!
02-23-2009 01:44 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I lost my zeny knife after the claymore trap nerf update came at some point...so I kind of stopped caring about Zeny Knife since then because to me it sucks now :*(

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
02-23-2009 02:46 AM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

it was nice when zknife took a % amount of the enemies exp i think? to give as zeny, but it was a 100% success rate i think? again don't remember, but wizards could easily make tons of money on it by going to a field with lots of easy enemies all grouped together and LoV or MS insane amounts of zeny in such a short while. (thinks culverts 4 before it became less mobby).
02-23-2009 02:50 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I dunno, but whatever the formula was before and how it worked made me get over 30+ mils easily down in Rach Sanc 1 o.O

02-23-2009 02:52 AM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

yeah, it was very easy to make insane amounts of money very quickly with the zknife, though i guess if you want to still use the knife, get a cramp card to help boost some chance of getting zeny. maybe two cards.

though i think wizards would still do fairly well if they went down to a mobby area with a zknife, even though it's a % chance and only 100z no matter the monster? if you need to be near the same level as the monster in order for it to work, then that sucks too. hope not though.
02-23-2009 02:56 AM
Alexander Offline
Arch Angel

So they DID fix sight / ruwach? About damn time. That was absurdly broken.

Oh, and on topic...last I knew, the zeny you receive depends on the level of the monster. If it was changed to a flat 100 though, that kinda sucks.
02-23-2009 07:26 AM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

it's just a flat 100z at either 4% or 40% chance, but i'm inclined to go with the former.
02-23-2009 07:34 AM
KohakuSan Offline
<3 Hill Lions!

RE:??Zeny Knife and Santa Jester questions

Aaronock Wrote:I lost my zeny knife after the claymore trap nerf update came at some point...so I kind of stopped caring about Zeny Knife since then because to me it sucks now :*(

Off topic too but....
It seems traps got a huge boost on renewal and the damage ones are actually useful now. /gg
02-23-2009 08:40 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I suspect I will not be playing RO by the time renewal mechanics hit private servers x(

02-23-2009 08:42 AM