Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cottage
danny-kins Offline
Meteorologist Intern

Cottage

Somewhere, outside the merchant city Alberta, a small cottage sat buried in the thick green underbrush. The air was filled with birdsong and the chirps and other sounds of animals. There was the gentle rustling of branches as the treetops swayed back and forth in the breezy winds.

Yet, for all the greenness and lushness and vitality of its surroundings, the cottage was emptily silent.

It was of the plain sort, one that was easy to ignore, even if you hadn't meant to. It was as if one's sight slid greasily from the plain wooden structure.

The building was small and squat, easily fitting underneath the heavy boughs of the forest trees. It had no yard, no clearing before it but a small patch of scuffed stone before the plain door that was embedded in the wall. There was only one window, though it made up for scarcity with size. Spanning from the door to the corner of the home, it was a clean pane of glass stained green by its surroundings.

There was no movement inside, though there was a loud thump as a bird hit the window.

It fluttered for a moment.

It chirped once, as if wondering what had happened.

It flew off.

Even so, the cottage was not uninhabited. It was filled with personal belongings; it was cared for and cleaned; it was loved. It was just empty of those who had filled it with personal belongings, who had cared for and cleaned it, who loved it. Many knew of at least one of the couple who lived in it, the wizard and the soul linker.

But they were not here, not now. They were both traveling, whether it was the wind-swept sand-scape of the deserts of trader city Morroc, or the smog-filled streets of steampunk Einbroch.

So, the little cottage sat alone in the shaded patch of the forest, escaping the notice from those who passed by. It sat, waiting, as the night breeze blew and the trees swayed and the birds and animals fed, drank and slept. It would continue waiting until the wizard and the soul linker returned to it.

Its wait would not be in vain.

The wizard and the soul linker would return.

--------

Thus, the most pointless, plotless bit of wordage ever. Icon_smile Ah well~ Whistle

[Image: at4ej96]
02-27-2009 05:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Galt Offline
Lurker

RE: Cottage

Will there be an add-on to this story? XD

Randomly materializing within heRO since 2008.

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
02-27-2009 07:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
danny-kins Offline
Meteorologist Intern

Eh? Ah... there wasn't meant to be, but... maybe I'll stick something in maybe? (can I be any more vague?) I know I suck at staying with long stuff, so this bit of drabble might be it... Sorry

Though I'll try and see if I can get something more out... I just know I suck with actual dialogue. Sweat

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2009 09:56 PM by danny-kins.)
02-27-2009 09:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

Gives some info about their personailites, though. ;D

Never though of Einbroch as steampunk. I like it more now!
Let's all go to Einbroch.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
02-27-2009 10:08 PM
danny-kins Offline
Meteorologist Intern

:3 I concur! To Einbroch, ho! Whistle

02-27-2009 10:20 PM
Monkey Feet Offline
Fated to be Hated

RE:??Cottage

danny-kins Wrote:To Einbroch, ho! Whistle

= O Ellie, did you read that? XD Just kidding *Is still mad you haven't gotten Krissy on the forums yet >: O*

[Image: monkey.png]

[Image: siggymonkey.jpg]
03-04-2009 02:42 PM