Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
AI Issues
Iced Blue Away
The Original Crystal Light

AI Issues

Im having issues using the Hero Ai.

The problem: Nothing I modify seems to come into effect.

I set the /hoai. I restart. I hit ctrl T and my amistr becomes a massive killing machine.. I still would like him to be passive like in the basic and not use his damn skills when he's ready to solo say a zenorc.

Ive been keeping him in the basic Ai since I dont want him to wander off and ks someone, but alt clicking things is starting to get old.

Also I would love to have a flir, but if im stuck using the basic Ai then i'll have a whole other set of problems since their naturally aggressive.

Any help on this ai would be wonderful, or if someone has an ai thats just as easy to use. Perferably not mir, since I seem to have the same issues with that one as the Hero ai.
03-10-2009 01:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

RE: AI Issues

[Image: sanstitre2q.jpg]

Here's how i use my AI for my Lif. As far as I've watched her, she never KS'ed anyone (she always comes back when a monster is taken)

1 ) Cautious option : I used it to ser her passive for any monsters that aren't in my Tactics list, so she won't attack anything too big for her

2 ) Here you can set what skills your Homunculus can do for each monster. I never tested it on the field, but I suppose if you put this option to "no_skills", your Homunculus won't use them. Also ...

3 ) You can choose to set each skills independently in this tab.

4 ) "Don't attack moving monsters" : I think that option is what helps Homunculus to not KS (but the client probably do something about it too)

I've been fine with all four Homunculus with that configuration, so I suppose it??could work for you, hope that help.

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2009 01:27 PM by Fyrus Carmin.)
03-10-2009 01:26 PM
KohakuSan Offline
<3 Hill Lions!

If you don't want it to attack a certain monster, get the monster's ID and write it up there along its name then click on the "+" button. After that, choose "avoid" on the Behaviour drop box.
With this your homunculus won't attack the monster you choose.
03-10-2009 01:32 PM
Iced Blue Away

Ive had all that set, even added new monsters. But It just wont kick in. Guess i'll just have to fiddle with it some more.

Thanks for the help Icon_biggrin
03-10-2009 01:33 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Are you sure your homunc AI is in the USER_AI folder? If you copied it right into the general AI folder that could explain your issues.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
03-10-2009 02:04 PM
Iced Blue Away

Everything is where it should be, did as Aki said to to, Copy and replace the ai folder right into the gravity folder. So basicly what it did was replace everything. The regular AI folder and the User AI folder was all replaced with the Hero AI
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2009 02:09 PM by Iced Blue.)
03-10-2009 02:07 PM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

that might be the problem then, you should have the USER_AI folder, and the ai program should be inside that folder. let's see a screenshot of your RO folder and if that isn't the problem, but from what you said, that is most likely the case.

edit: in my RO folder i have the folder AI, and in that one the USER_AI, and inside there is the program for the heRO AI.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2009 03:07 PM by Frogboy.)
03-10-2009 03:05 PM
Iced Blue Away

Thats the same as me, I must have wrote that wrong.

I have my AI folder, and in that AI is the few files that are for the basic. Then theres the User_AI folder full of the hero AI.

[Image: AIfolder.jpg]
[Image: UserAIfolder.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2009 04:37 PM by Iced Blue.)
03-10-2009 04:27 PM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

ok, that should be right, but looking at fyrus's config screen there, yours should, under where it has the zenorc monster should have no_skill as the skill, and attack_1st as the behaviour.

that should make it so it only does physical attacks and doesn't use its skills.
03-10-2009 06:39 PM
Iced Blue Away

Theres also a setting to turn the use of skills completely off. Under the tactics part. So I dont undestand why he's going on a mad rampage and using his skills for every monster.
03-10-2009 07:38 PM