Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Put warnings for better living
Loth Offline

Put warnings for better living

If GMs or whoever put here http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=d...sname=heRO something like "bots and scripters are forbidden and punished" maybe/probably less people would wine or harass others because they got banned/jailed. No1

Hope to be understood Thinking
03-11-2009 10:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE: Put warnings for better living

Erm...??generally bot/macro is forbidden on servers (unless specifically stated).??It's also written in the forum rules AND the NPC that you have to agree to before you're even allowed to start playing.??I know RO players have a tendency to enter-spam through dialogues, but the default option here is to say "No" so you have to start over.??You'd think after accidentally enter-spamming "No" several times you might actually read the rules, as was the intent.??

Either way, player have to agree to the rules to play here, and the no bot/macro thing is pretty high up there.?

EDIT: Though I suppose just putting it directly on RMS wouldn't hurt anyone - I just don't think it's necessary. ?

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2009 10:39 AM by azurerogue.)
03-11-2009 10:38 AM
Loth Offline

You're right, but people can also enter-spamming slowly and choose "yes" without reading the rules Icon_razz . I just made this topic because i read a post (while randomly watch the forum) whining about being banned because he botted, then I thought "if they put a warning, being banned for botting is just an own fault and cannot be whined"

Hope to be understood.
03-11-2009 11:07 AM
Herman Offline
Tank of your Dreams

when you "agree" (in whatever form, spamming and not reading, or reading thoroughly) you are binding yourself to that set of rules and acknowledging them. GM's dont care if you didnt read them, you could just as easily not read them in RMS site, ignorance is not an excuse, never is. There also really isnt any reason to whine about being banned as is, and it is their own fault, they didnt read the rules.

retired except for..

the Herman Zeny Sink event of 2011.. 3.5b drained and
counting..
03-11-2009 11:15 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

As long as a rule is written somewhere with ink that is accessible to you, be it you read it or not (and I hope that you did), you are held responsible to follow the rules.

And really if common sense exist in a few more people, we can really take out/shorten our rule list... I mean, I thought that it's pretty obvious if we aren't a PK server and it's no a pvp enabled map, I thought that it's obvious how you aren't supposed to try to kill other players but apparently that is a bad, incorrect assumption Sweat and silly, weird little things like that is why the phonebook rulebook gets thicker and thicker.

Annnnnd apparently we're strict like a brick enough as is in the eyes of our players XD; I'm always a supporter of terrifying players ingame rather than out-of-game.

03-11-2009 11:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Loth Offline

Seems that this topic is turning against me, but i did nothing bad, i just wanted to do a good action. xD
My English seems not good enough to make complex phrases, so i apologize u.u , close the thread Icon_razz
03-11-2009 12:32 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

No one's mad at you Icon_biggrin

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
03-11-2009 12:39 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

We are mad at Albus though Icon_mad

03-11-2009 12:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

lol i wonder if there's a way to set a timer to wait between each next button, like having a 15sec timer so that people actually would have to read the rules or do something else for that 15sec period between dialog boxes. although that'd get pretty annoying it'd more than likely help people understand the rules, and those bots that do come in would be in for a terrible wait lol.
03-11-2009 01:26 PM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

I'm all for a field answering thing. Or a quiz.
Like: "Botting is illegal. Yes/no" and you have to actually type yes or no in. So you can't just enter spam, and it should be quick enough to type through.

You obviously wouldn't need one for every rule. Just one or two to break the spam.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
03-11-2009 01:37 PM