Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Quest Exp Rate
Bloodbane Away
¤†Hero of old times†¤

Quest Exp Rate

Id Like to Post a suggestion for the benefit of the server and this may also decrease boredom in game while making it worthwhile

I Suggest The Quest Exp Rates are set to x5 x5 or something similar(best if Set to server Rates tho)

In Hero for some reason the quest exp rates were set to x1 x1 making it Not even worth the bother to do.
Since quests were always a way of getting exp in the old days when you didn't feel like grinding all the way to 99 this is a great sugestion in my opinion.

Some of those quest were quite fun,like the cursed spirit quest or the Biological weapon quest,among many others,quests are simply sublime and are a necessary part of the server.

Any Comments regarding this please post em, Id Like to know your Opinion on it.

*edited On Misspelling Omg Grammar Nazy*

Never forget the old days.
[Image: screenheRO-Server124-1.jpg]

-~Proud husband, father, and the luckiest guy in the world.~-

Steam Profile
Youtube
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2009 10:15 PM by Bloodbane.)
03-11-2009 01:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE: Quest Exp Rate

I whole-heartedly agree.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
03-11-2009 01:17 PM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

even if you put the quests at server exp rates, anyone who got bored with grinding too quickly would lose out so much exp because of the one-level-gain cap that's in place (which i personally don't like for that very reason that as it is, being under level 70 makes it so a lot of quests are not beneficial to do at all, though i'm not sure if iRO has a one-level-gain cap or not). making those quests worth 5x their normal amount makes it so really only trans people benefit from it.

now i'm not saying it's all that difficult to level up a non-trans character, but there are plenty of times that people would rather not grind their lives away (it's not that bad Icon_razz) and would rather have more fun doing quests and gaining exp that way. what would be the point to doing that unless you were already level 70+ trans where 5mil exp would actually only get you about 10~20% exp (i don't know the real numbers so if i'm wrong on the level or the exp gain, feel free to say so, it's only an example anyway).

i would be for giving the exp boost to quests, but only if they take away the one-level-gain cap.
03-11-2009 01:33 PM
Corporal Offline
Posting Freak

Valentine's Day quest gave a lvl 70 pretrans 2 base levels + 90%.

I doubt the one-level-gain cap applies with quest exp.

IGNs:

Heii - 99/70 Sniper
Limits - 99/50 Knight
Asira - 9x/6x High Priest
Ruins - 99/70 Whitesmith
Meteor - 99/70 Champion
Toy. - 99/6x Assassin Cross
03-11-2009 01:41 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

It does not apply to any quest exp.
Would not mind quest exp being changed to x5 rate, in fact I'd start doing some quests with my knight right now if it were changed (he's 97 and would like to not grind his way to 99).

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
03-11-2009 02:14 PM
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

Same here, i could give some love to some of my characters that time don't allow me to place on them.

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
03-11-2009 03:04 PM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

are you sure about that, because i could swear i've done the rachel sanct quest at a level where i should have gotten more than one base level or job level and i never did. but if it is how you say, then ok.
03-11-2009 03:05 PM
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

Bloodbane Wrote:[...]the quest exp rates were set to x1 x1 making it Not even worth the botter to do[...]

I sure hope that word was a typo Sweat

As for the quest rates, we'll discuss it among the GM's. Can't promise a fast response at this time though.

Thanks for offering a suggestion.

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
03-11-2009 06:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JJJ Offline
JJJ

i utterly loath this suggestion
*nothing against those that disagree with it but the suggestion it self is... utterly X.x*

to the numbers:

with quest exp at 1/1 and assuming you do the quest when your around level 70 that means you could get a grand total of 33 958 733 base exp, in other words, welcome to level 81

now to multiply that number by the server rates 5/5 you get a lovely amount of 169 793 665 base exp, which gets you to level 95

now please note, i amounted those numbers without counting the heRO custom exp giving quests, so the numbers are even higher

anddddddddddddd the fact that you can get to level 95 doing pure quests.... is why i disagree with this...

oh and as for another note, i usually manage to complete all those quests in about 2 weeks or less *assuming i have play dead, and that people do sell stuff to novices XD*

[Image: SignatureVersion22.png][Image: Liffinished-1-1.png]
I Love To Help So If You Ever Need Something Feel Free To PM Me ^_^
03-11-2009 07:14 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

As inconvenient as it'd be for my characters as it'd be to admit this, I sorta agree with Triple J.
03-11-2009 07:38 PM