Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trans classes
Blob Offline

Trans classes

Hi.. I've not played RO in many years, but just started up again and i'm a bit rusty. Just wondering.. When you transcend at lvl 99, can you change your class?
Like going from sage -> high novice -> high mage -> high wizard ?
Or would is the only option to become a Scholar?
Thanks Icon_biggrin

Soubi - Sage
Mello - Knight
Altoid - Hunter
Dr. Pepper - Alchemist
Somers Mistress - Priest
Dynamite - Perma Taekwon
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2009 11:57 AM by Blob.)
03-15-2009 11:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rika Offline
Angel of Infinity

RE: Trans classes

Changing classes is not an option available on this server, seeing as it would create unbalance in a low rate where someone may level as the easier class and then switch to a different one.

So the only option in the example you gave would be Scholar.

[Image: livingcolor.jpg][Image: soulessence.jpg]
Angel Empire♥
Rika[Assassin Cross]    -    Aorie[High Priest]
03-15-2009 12:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

Rika said it well, thank you Rika ^_^

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
03-15-2009 02:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

hmm, as a suggestion, not necessarily for this server, i'd say make it so you have to level the "harder" class to level, then when you trans you'd have the option of changing to the easier class, unfortunately not every set of classes has a harder and easier aspect mostly because of the skills available, which could then be changed to specifically make it so certain non-trans skills were only available after you transed.

again, this is not a suggestion for this server, but some idea to throw around and a want for thoughts on that idea.
03-15-2009 03:39 PM
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

Question but what would you consider harder between Monk and Priest ? O.o;

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
03-15-2009 03:57 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Priests have TU and more party options. because of TU and the availability of Anubis, and Nameless stuff (Zombie slaughters not as good exp as Anubis, but it's still great exp for its worth)

Monks, in Optimum leveling build would either have to stick to killing the small stuff, like sleepers with investigate, or Asura the big stuff. Many a time I've seen people down at anubis Asura-ing them. A few opt for asura-ing kasa's, but there's a lot more risk to lose exp there.

Monks require money, both in gears and in SP items, but if they kill the right stuff, they can earn more money back. Priests can practically solo to 99 faster than any other class with little gear, or money.
03-15-2009 05:10 PM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

exactly, which is why we get rid of TU for non-trans priests, and asura for non-trans monks, forcing priests to either heal-bomb (which is something they did in the old days of GH) or play support, and monks to go combo. again, the non-trans road isn't that difficult, but if there was a way to make it even just the smallest bit more challenging that'd make it more fun.

again before 2-2 jobs and trans classes, people had used double dagger build for sin as well as katar build, i don't know enough about swordies cuz i don't really play them to speak about their tougher leveling side, hunters could be nothing more than trappers and falconers, or just DS spammers with no falcon or traps at all, rogues would not be allowed to use plagiarize, only DS if they wanted a bow build, forcing them in to raid/gank build, blacksmiths, well they're pretty tough as is, but i'd still make them go through without weapon perfection, or maybe maximize power cuz i think making them level in purely forge build would be insanity, chemists could either get homun, or plants and acid, wizard would only be able to get one of their AoE skills, which yea that'd be a bit harder to control, but could still be done, and sages would have to be auto-bolters.

anyway, like i said, just mere thought to chew on and discuss.
03-15-2009 07:04 PM
sephroith Offline
Crusader of the 21st Century

o.o erm not my business but that sounds rather out of it in my opinion. most of the ppl here probably wouldnt like it and would switch servers. Not saying it wouldnt be funny to watch though lol.
03-15-2009 07:17 PM
Kretzer Offline
Fat-Ality

RE:??Trans classes

Frogboy Wrote:exactly, which is why we get rid of TU for non-trans priests, and asura for non-trans monks

Wtf? Thinking
03-15-2009 08:41 PM
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

Thinking Frogboy? No, just no. Sweat

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
03-15-2009 10:10 PM