Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Untitled Confessions from a humble darkling
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Untitled Confessions from a humble darkling

"I, Oolong, was but a humble priestess of Erebos. Though I was never as strong as some of my respected colleagues, I?ve always desired to be useful to our Lord.??However,??the general of the dark side, Sir Merlot, is consistently, and constantly away performing deeds and endeavors, which we are told we could not comprehend with our feeble minds,??and we were left in Lady Mystra?s charge, one of his most trusted priestesses.

Though there was a brief rebellion, in which Mystra maintained her cool image against the now deceased Eudoxie,??I felt that??we were not doing enough to ensure our dominance over this world. Similar to Merlot, she is also off most of the time, doing her own things. Though there are occasions when she rallies our troops and holds??missions to support our Dark Regime, these are seemingly abstract plans, and made it unduly hard for people like me to see if we were making a difference at all in any of Erebos? plans.??Further more, some of these missions, she had allowed the followers of Hestia assist us. Although it was indeed fun to watch these lightlings suffer as we did, I felt it a blasphemy to our cause to be aided by the likes of our sworn enemy.

?Those who are not with us will conform to our ideals or perish?? or something to that effect was drilled into me from the very second I enlisted to study under Erebos? teachings. Lady Mystra herself has said similar things in the past. Don?t get me wrong, some of my best friends are light-siders, but I will convert them to our side eventually.

Perhaps out of desperation to feel useful to our??Lord, I concocted and carried out a foolhardy plan when I felt strong enough I could Succeed.. In an effort to hinder the light sides strengths, I had thought it would be wise to curse the Valkyrie to prevent their high number of inexperienced troops from ascending into the next life where they?d get new skills and stronger spells. I paid off a greedy neutral-lite for the right to read the Book of Ymir, and navigated the maze beneath Juno?s Sage castle, to talk to a fragment of the Heart of Ymir.??I ascended and stormed the halls of Valhala, and confronted the wench. She was stronger than I would have ever hoped to imagine. Through a lengthy and annoying battle, most of which I had felt she was just toying with me, she had struck me down with her staff.

As she smiled kindly down on my battered body, she decided to spare my life. My years of dedicated work to get to the level I was then were whisked away. My priestess clothing, battered an torn were changed to that of a novice, and I was warped to Prontera, where I had once earned my stripes as an acolyte. Perhaps, maybe??she saw though my dumb-assed, half-baked plans, and felt pity for me. It may be a good thing my work was in vain. While it would indeed hinder light troops, it?d be a double edged sword in the fact it?d affect our new ones as well. But for f@#*s sake, if there is anything I hate more, it is Pity?"
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2009 10:30 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
03-19-2009 10:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sepharius Offline
:3

RE: Untitled Confessions from a humble darkling

Good story, but the "FFS" at the end sort of broke the spell. =\

[Image: chibiscorp.jpg]
Want Third class sprites? Click here!
03-19-2009 10:48 PM
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

Hmm.. somehow I thought tea had already trans'd.??Congrats though.

My poor little Iseno was also similarly wounded in such a way by the valkyrie. I intend to rise him up stronger and prepare for the next time I confront her. Perhaps if we strike at the temple of Odin she would be off guard and more easily defeated. Although I hear rumors that she keeps a close team of body guards.

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2009 12:48 AM by Kadar.)
03-20-2009 12:43 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

That was a very fun read o.o
Congrats on 99ing Oolong finally though Oka Joe!

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
03-20-2009 09:46 AM