Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Twilight Narratives - Dreams of Fire
Taelav_Safon Offline

Twilight Narratives - Dreams of Fire

All she could see was fire, a constant and never-ending inferno trying too and succeeding in consuming everything it could touch. Nevertheless she was untouched, a ghost in a city of flames, forced by some injustice to watch the pain and sorrow of others. A twisted smile appeared on her face as she walked thought the flames towards a battered and ruined remains of a castle, she was immediately discussed at her own facial expression, trying desperately to fight against the sadistic expression painted across the demonic figures sharp features.
"Stop....it" she desperately begged. Yet the words didn?t escape her mouth for she was not in control of this vision, she never was. She could only watch desperately as the monster her mind was trapped inside made his way slowly to the inner chambers of one of the castles many servant quarters, ripping apart doors and soldiers with equal ease. She closed her eyes but could still hear the death screams as the men and women tried to slow the monsters path only to be ripped and slashed to pieces. She begged for it to end, to wake up. Just so she wouldn?t have to see or hear any more suffering. At that moment a young child screamed.

"Lady Aura!! A young maid yelled. Trying to stop the young knight from hurting herself in her convulsions. In an instant her eyes opens wide in horror shining startling violet.
"Where am I, oh gods" said Aura as she sat up, tears in her eyes and a scared look on her face.
"Don?t worry my lady" The maid explained hugging aura tightly. "They are just nightmares, they cant hurt you no matter how real the seem"
"I really hope so Alexi" Aura said glancing around the room in sorrow. For across the wooden walls and floors crisscrossed scorched scars burned into the wood during the night.

Aura walked through the back alleys of the city of Rachel with practiced ease. She had grown up in the Servant Zones and was much more at ease in the twisting and turning side streets then sitting back at that musty castle while the Lords staff pampered and tried to keep her in bed to rest after her latest Nightmare. Not like the Lord, as many people, even his friends referred to him as, was a cruel or even strict guardian. He would often be found messing around with a new mechanical construct or working on his private air-boat. It was far to small to be called a ship, and couldn?t yet fly, but was still his favorite hobby.
Yet it was not what Aura wished for, she craved adventure and was almost consumed by wanderlust. She had a almost obsessive love of anything magical, and both the physical abilities and discipline to be a exceptional swordswomen. Which was actually why she was presently walking through the back alleys while most likely the Lords servants had discovered her make shift blanket escape rope and already had took to the street to find her.
She almost felt sorry for the trouble they were going through, but knew she had more important things too do today. Minutes passed as she made her way though the empty morning roads and finally reached her destination. Rachel Inn.

She quietly walked over to the door and stopped. Straightening her tunic and sword belt and brushing her hair out of her eyes she prepared for what almost seemed like a weekly ritual.
?Draw your sword!? She yelled diving through the door and charging straight at the middle-aged man with a wide smile on his bemused face.
?I almost thought you had finally given up and decided to act like all the other Noblemen?s daughters? The man said drawing his rapier and waving it around cheekily.
?Dream on Artemis today is the day you lose and the day you take me on as your apprentice? Aura said, and with that their duel began.
Aura raised her sword and leaped forward.
But Artemis had anticipated this move and had already began moving as well, diving to the side. ?Again with the frontal assault? Artemis said ?your not very graceful for a lady you??
But during Artemis?s talking Aura had already turned and twisted sending her Hand and a Half sword into a horizontal slash aimed at his head.
?Whoa? now that?s more like it girly Artemis finished.
Smiling and unleashing a dazzling series of counter attacks taking advantage of his weapons superior speed. It took all of Aura?s self taught ability to handle the precise and well controlled strikes with her own parries. Finally Artemis made the mistake Aura was waiting for as he added to much of a flourish to his latest swing. Backhanding his rapier with the metal knuckle plate on her right glove causing Artemis to lose his balance for a split second. But Aura had been waiting for this moment and would not let it pass, with a graceful half turn she swung her sword around resting it a bare inch from his neck.
With that her smile widened. ?I DID IT!? She yelled charismatically.
?well I wont say that wasn?t a excellent move girly? Artemis explained still smiling with his rapiers point resting on her chest directly over her heart. ?But this round really should be called more of a tie.?
Aura glared at her friend, smiled. Then wacked him in the forehead with her right hand. Sending him to the ground with a shocked look on his face.
?Tomorrow you will start teaching me how to be a Knight? She said still smiling her violet eyes glowing in joy. Then left the old sky-pirate shaking his head. ?Yeesh, women..? then began laughing to himself.

More Later. - Taelav Safon
03-20-2009 11:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply