Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Santa Jester Sprite
Syonyde Offline
Stalker of Judgement

Santa Jester Sprite

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v397/R...%20Sprite/

Since I'm lazy to paste those links here, this is my bucket.

My issue is the strange black lines around the hat. It's been tolerable, that was UNTIL I got smacked with Assumptio, then I can't stand to look at the sprite. I was wondering if there's any way of dealing with that?

Broken/Busted/Retired

[Image: Headbang---Name.gif]
03-23-2009 02:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

RE: Santa Jester Sprite

the assumptio doesn't help me see any lines...

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
03-23-2009 02:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Syonyde Offline
Stalker of Judgement

RE:??Santa Jester Sprite

Motenai_Ronin Wrote:the assumptio doesn't help me see any lines...
In the first picture, you don't see the white line across my face? x.x;;

Assumptio gives you a glow around your armor, having a white line across my face is an indication the sprite is a bit screwy.

Broken/Busted/Retired

03-23-2009 03:30 AM
Altaire Offline
zzzz

Assumptio gives me the lines across my face and elsewhere as well, but that only occurs if I'm zoomed in too much. When I zoom out, everything looks fine again. I noticed that a lot of your screenies have been zoomed in. Have you tried zooming out?

Altaire-High wizard | Sabine-Sniper | Shenkena-High Priestess
03-23-2009 06:53 AM
Syonyde Offline
Stalker of Judgement

[Image: Untitled.jpg]

This is from the character select screen. You can clearly see the line, and random debris pixels.

Broken/Busted/Retired

03-23-2009 04:30 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

I don't get the same line you do, I do however sometimes have a vertical line on that sprite, did you try taking the mask off by the way?

Well, as you know we didn't make most of the sprite that heRO uses, they are made by various artists, for this one I don't even know the original maker, all I know is that it's from a chinese bbs. It's possible to make a fix it ourselves, but admittedly not a priority, I might make a fix later on since I looked at it and it's pretty easy to fix.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
03-24-2009 11:00 AM
Syonyde Offline
Stalker of Judgement

Let me upload the new screens. I've taken off the EFG mask...erm, I mean GF Mask. The Morroc pictures are the new ones, and I have close ups and far away shots.

This sprite has been broken since it's arrival to this server, hence why I didn't see such a priority in using it. It's just one of those things that have bothered me for awhile. I'll look into fixing it myself.

EDIT: Isn't it a recolor of the Carat drop hat? If so, would you have any issues about making recolors for it? I'm a bit...annoyed with the off-red in the middle.

Aren't you supposed to be on vacation, Pandora? XP Go! Run as fast as you can! You don't want your fanboys to swarm you.

Broken/Busted/Retired

(This post was last modified: 03-24-2009 12:11 PM by Syonyde.)
03-24-2009 11:58 AM
KohakuSan Offline
<3 Hill Lions!

That's a very low chance but it can happen: your sprite file inside hero.grf is corrupted.
I don't have that problem here using my hat so it leads me to that conclusion.
03-24-2009 01:09 PM
Syonyde Offline
Stalker of Judgement

That's very odd. A few guildies of mine also see the same issue... Unless maybe it clashes with just the Stalker sprite?

Doesn't the patches re-write the HeRO.grf file? I've extracted them with an editor, but I can't see a difference, but then again I'm not quite too keen on using the editor yet.

I'll look into more resources, but I have 2 accounts, from Squirrel and Hayate in the odd appearance of my gear. Surely their files can't be corrupted as well?

I'll trawl around on the interwebs and see about RO Spriting. If it can't be fixed, maybe I can mess around with the original Jester hat and fix it that way?

EDIT:I fixed it on my side, I do believe. I don't see any strange blocks elsewhere. Using ACTor did nothing for me, but SPRConview did the trick. For whatever the reason, in SPRConview, when I import the SPR, it shows the garbage. When I export it to BMP, it clears up. With a reinport, it's all clear. Quite curious if you ask me.

If Panda wishes, I'll pack up my GRF and hand it to her for uploading?

Broken/Busted/Retired

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2009 03:01 AM by Syonyde.)
03-25-2009 12:04 AM
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

Can you upload the new act and spr and upload it to a file holder and send the link in the ticket system please? That way every GM will see it and we can do the poke dance if we need too.

Thank you for the correction ^_^ Its much appreciated.

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
03-25-2009 02:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply