Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The OnLive System
Sepharius Offline
:3

RE:????The OnLive System

t0nz0r Wrote:
Sepharius Wrote:
Ellie Wrote:I'm aware of what Oblivion is.

A CRAP load of people still jump around.

You seem to forget pretty much every friend of mine is a heavy gamer, no?
(Mind you, we also have contests to see who can have the most deaths in UT, so that may describe the mental state of my friends).

So based on what you see your friend do, you take that and apply it to every single person out there who plays Oblivion?

Nu. I think she's saying that she knows what Oblivion is because her friends are heavy gamers. She's not saying that her friends jump around like idiots on it

Then how would she jump to the assumption that everyone jumps around in Oblivion? =\

And also, go watch a few videos of Conquer Online. Jumping there is the ONLY form of transportation. (It certainly was when I played it a few years ago).

[Image: chibiscorp.jpg]
Want Third class sprites? Click here!
03-29-2009 08:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
t0nz0r Away
Sir Awesomeness

RE: The OnLive System

Videos more than likely Oo; If her friends are heavy gamers, I'll probably wager a bet they watch a crapload of videos of it. Oo;

[Image: tonysig8ll-1.jpg]
03-29-2009 08:45 PM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

Oh, and while we're talking about how useless jumping is in it, hi2u acrobatic skills raising.

Also, hi2u2, -generalisation-.

Conquer, last thing I remember, you can also walk. =\ Just slooowwwwllllyy.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2009 11:44 PM by Ellie.)
03-29-2009 11:42 PM
Xeke Offline
The Code

Taken from http://oblivion.wikia.com/wiki/Acrobatics

Quote:You can quickly increase your skill in this by jumping as you travel. Movement while jumping forward is the same speed as running.

With such an easy way to train a skill, do you not think that a lot of people will be doing it...?
I was... my housemate was... his brothers were...

This is interesting too...
Quote:Master: Gains the ability to jump on the surface of water.
03-30-2009 12:06 AM
Xeke Offline
The Code

Quote:Increase Acrobatics skill

To increase Acrobatics, jump as you are traveling. It will level up after 50 to 100 jumps. Jumping from building top to building top may increase this skill faster.
Also worked in Morrowind, what a surprise...

Source http://www.cheatcc.com/xb/eldersmw.html
03-30-2009 12:09 AM
Sepharius Offline

*sigh*

Fine. Whatever. What really ticked me off was that Ellie said "stupid people" who play Oblivion jumped in it. As a supporter of Oblivion (and its microcosm of modders), I take offense to statements as such. I highly doubt that the mod community would like it if they were called stupid (not that this relates to the situation at hand).

And to be honest, Oblivion was a pretty crappy game to jump in. Other than jumping across water, I don't really see how its useful.

Coupled with the fact that jumping saps fatigue like crazy in its lower levels, I wouldn't really say jumping is a great idea. It might be good if you're wandering around (which I don't, I use fast travel until I get enough gold for a black horse, in which case I just run or if in a hurry fast travel), but considering the time it takes to level it to master (and the incredibly crappy hit detection on objects, where you keep falling off after you land on something), I don't think its really worth getting the skill for.

03-30-2009 02:16 AM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

-Not About Oblivion, more about jumping-

Jumping was cool in Ro:2 Icon_biggrin
Although as a whole the game kinda sucked a** cause it was pretty broken and chasing monsters / leveling was a royal pain,
what you could do that we can't was jump Icon_biggrin

Boy and Caff you reminded me of when I did jumps across big bodies of water on my novice or whatever. You could actually jump on the water without sinking in if you held down the jump button (space i think) and while you were doing it it totally looks like you were riding an imaginary Jet-ski ^-^

Boy fun times.

I spend a lot of time around that vadon - cornutus beach area Icon_biggrin

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2009 02:38 AM by Motenai_Ronin.)
03-30-2009 02:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Xeke Offline
The Code

Quote:The silly game where everyone jumps around like ... stupid people?

This does not say that people who jump in the game are stupid... It makes your character look stupid...
03-30-2009 05:08 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

Never called the players stupid.

I didn't say
"The silly game where all those stupid people make their characters jump around"

I said
"The silly game where everyone jumps around like... stupid people?"
Everyone being the players, stupid people being the adjective to the jumping.

Whether or not the skill is worth getting to you, doesn't change the fact that it is there, or that other people level it.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
03-30-2009 07:59 AM
Sepharius Offline

RE:??The OnLive System

Xeke Wrote:
Quote:The silly game where everyone jumps around like ... stupid people?

This does not say that people who jump in the game are stupid... It makes your character look stupid...
"Stupid people" can refer to either the characters in the game or the people playing it. (SAT Grammar section preaches this)

So depending on how one looks at it, due to insufficient details pointing to exactly what she is referring to as "stupid", I thought that she was saying that the people playing the game were stupid. Its all about diction.

Ellie Wrote:Whether or not the skill is worth getting to you, doesn't change the fact that it is there, or that other people level it.
Yes, you are right. However though, I think if you have anything negative to say about it, its best kept to yourself. (Not that I'm saying that what you said is negative; those were I guess, good points, but I'm an Oblivion fan and it angers me to see degrading comments directed at one of my favorite games).

As for the whole jumping thing, I think it looks absolutely fine. Doesn't seem stupid to me or anything. I'd rather save my fatigue for the random monster that I might encounter than to waste it all jumping around.

@Jugg: You're talking about RO2, right?

03-30-2009 06:13 PM