Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Razer's Advanced Money Making Guide (Volume 1)
Dark_Lucien Offline

Razer's Advanced Money Making Guide (Volume 1)

Razer's Advanced Zeny Guide : Volume 1

Volume 1 : The Rich Mercenaries of Midgard

[Later Volumes will be made available for other classes , fo the time being we have a Sin/Sinx guide]

Contents:
======

1] Meaning of an Advanced guide
2] The 2 Mid tier Gear sets
3] Recommended Builds
4] Maps and tactics
5] Spoilers of the next Edition : Volume 2 : Smith - The Journey of the "True Entrepreneur"

*Updates and News*

March 14, 2008 : Guide Version 1 made and posted

1] Meaning of an Advanced Guide

??????????First things first, this is an advanced guide which explains how you make zeny using the Sin or Sinx character. It does not address issues such as levelling a sin/sinx . It assumes you already a well equipped Sin or Sinx and a mediocre or high level ready for action. It also does not address PVP or War issues. It only addresses Zeny. Also you must have basic playing Knowledge of playing the game.

2]The 2 Mid tier Gear sets

?????????? You will need one of these 2 gear sets to play the sin/SinX variant I am going to describe. The Sinx variant I describe is a "Vit" Variant which means you get hit a lot unlike your uber flee brothers and sisters but these Sin/sinx have more survivability and the capacity to take out "Bosses" or MVPs due to their huge HPs. Also my variants are dagger types - and not Katar types however for those who cannot afford an ice Pick I shall discuss a katar build.
Note : In either of the builds you do not require Twin Fang or Valkyrie helmet - however a special method which employs both of these will be posted in the last of the advanced techniques for money.

Gear Set A
For the Rich :

Top Headgear:Kahos Horns,
Midle Face gear: DI EWE/AWE (or any midface gear that gives + 1str)
Lower Mouthgear : PCB

Set of armours:
(Bathory Armour, Evil Druid Armour, Dokebi Armour, Angeling Armour, Swordfish Armour, Pasana Armour)

Garments: +x Deviling carded hood/muffler/manteau/Heavenly maiden Robe/Pauldron
Foot gear : +x DL Shoes

2 Celeb Rings as Accessories

Weapons needed : Ice Pick, Assassin Dagger,Dragon Killer,Kitchen Knife,Ranked VVS Fire/Wind/Earth/Ice Damascus (To see which smiths forge Ranked daggers type /blacksmith ingame)

Aside for this you will need to use one of these items in loads while MVPing or long hunts :
Cookies , Ranked Slims white potions ( Once again to see ranked Creators type /alchemist), Mastela Fruit or Cakes( Eww?)

Warning : Dont use Meats and Spring Rabbit Clips - they are better left to Smiths or Knights.

Gear Set B
For those who cant do Donation gears:

Headgear : Moonlight Hat/Spiky band / Baseball Cap/Angel Helmet
Middle Face Gear : Masquerade ( For Demi humans), Blinker (Protects you from blind status and losing 25% flee and Hit)
Lower Face gear : Pipe (3% Damage resist from Insects)

Set of armours:
(Bathory Armour, Evil Druid Armour, Dokebi Armour, Angeling Armour, Swordfish Armour, Pasana Armour)

Garments: +x Raydric/Gint Whispercarded hood/muffler/manteau/Heavenly maiden Robe/Pauldron
????????????????or +9 Ninetails Hood
Foot gear : +9 Antique Fire lock soldier Sandals

2 Kobold or??2 Yoyo clips or 2 Mantis rings

Weapons needed : Ice Pick, Assassin Dagger,Dragon Killer,Ranked VVS Fire/Wind/Earth/Ice Damascus (To see which smiths forge Ranked daggers type /blacksmith ingame)

Note :

For Katars you will need a DAAx katar minimum for being decent ingame. Its better to get an ice pick however if you do want to use a katar any way get a +10 spec jur with 3 A cards. (This ensures you get 74% Crit w/o even putting more then 1 luk into your stats)

Aside for this you will need to use one of these items in loads while MVPing or long hunts :
Cookies , Ranked Slims white potions ( Once again to see ranked Creators type /alchemist), Mastela Fruit or Cakes( Eww?),Normal Slim pots as they are cheapest.

Warning : Dont use Meats and Spring Rabbit Clips - they are better left to Smiths or Knights.

3] Recommended Builds

?????????? I will suggest a a build with just enough ASpd to get 190 ASPD assuming you hav a DD weapon. I get 190 aspd with awake pot at 48 base agi. Id recommend getting the highest str break point you can get and 90 base vit. This build still allows you have to have a lot of flee while the high vit enables you status immunities over bleed, sleep,stun,blind. Your high HP allows you to tank MVPs and kill em solo. The str makes your damage phenomenol .
???????? Even if you are a katar type . You can reduce vit to 60 and get some agi for higher aspd with an AAAx Spec jur. thing is more HP = Longer hunt time, more fun.

Example: My damage on Lord of dead MVP with Asperiod Ice pick + DDPT by EDP mode = 18,000 per double attack.

4] Maps and Tactics

?????????????????????????? Finally we come down to the money making part $_$ . I will be adding the methods I employed as a Sinx . If you know other effective methods, please post them and I shall append this guide.

A] Hunting Methods

1] Older common methods:

Level Requirement: 50+

Well I am sure all of you know how to play sin/sinx at toy factory, Mobsters (for sapphires and ring) and Amatsyu dungeon(Crumbs). So we wont discuss these, I have just mentioned them as they are indeed a part of Advanced money making techniques. As a Sin/Sinx you must steal from every monster that drops a non card good drop and then use your awesome damaging power to kill it quickly.

Level Requirement: 85+
I will also not mention Anceint Mummies or Amon ra anywhere in this guide.

2]Geffen Dungeon 4 Method:

Level Requirement: 80+ Sin, 75+ Sinx

The map of the 4 MVPs. It requires the first gear set to play here. 80+ sin or 75 + sinx can play here.??You will need a bathory or Evil druid, I carry both as sometimes a monster breaks my armours. Both these armours save you from powerful shadow attacks made by monsters here and HP drain attacks. Bathory also protects you from being blinded somehow. You can steal stuff from Dark priests, Incubus,Succubus,Alice,Zealotous and Baphomet Juniors before you kill them. Thats how you basically make money "Steal". In case of MVPs doppel and LOD should be easy. Bapho can be menacing (Switch off your effects before you take him on) If you are a sinx EDP will save you a lot of time and healing items used. Avoid Dark Lord however.

3] Geffen Dungeon3 and the Geffenias :

Level Requirement: 80+

???? If you dont have MVP cards and gears Id suggest Geffen Dungeon 3. This map has Nightmares,Marionettes , Whispers,Ghouls,Deviruchis and Hunter flies. Get a Ranked VVS Earth Damascus and any other dagger (Id prefer a fortune sword - 20% luckly flee). Nightmares drop a lot of OBBs and Oridecons and occassionaly cards and Infiltrators. Whispers drop star dust and card. Ghouls drop white herbs and rough Oris. Deviruchi can drop its card or an Evil Wing. MArionettes drop Chain[3] which sell for 400k these days. Hunter Flies drop steel or Rough Winds. All in all this map has a lot of potential. You cpould even stay in Geffen Dungeon 2 (The map with Jakks) but the pay out isnt good.

????Geffenias are good for people with MVP carded gears. In the First Geffenia you have Fake angels from which you can steal Fake angel wings and kill them for another one. Fake angel wings are sold a lot for Artemis. You also have the 3 Sword MVPs in here and in all the Geffenias below making it 12 mini mvps in all. In Geffenia 2 you will find a monster call beholder. It can dispell you - Beware , I carry a lot of awakes if I come to this level. This monster drops rough winds a lot in the game. There are also Nightmare terrors who can drop rosary[1] or their card. There is also a Doppel somewhere in the the north part of this level. Geffenia 3 is a mix bag but I normally come here just to kill the 3 sword MVPs (Tirfiring,executioner, Mystelltain). Geffenia 4 is??agreat map for exp as well as Rings[1] since there are only Incubus/succubus and mini demons here. 1 Bloody Knight and 3 more Sword MVPSs.

4] Juperos 2 : Level Requirement: 80+

If you are Crit type or if you have an Ice pick. This place is for you. Id advise you to wear a Bathory armour around here. Use Cloak a lot to move away from heavily crowded monster areas. Apocalypses drop steel at almost 80% on aRO and they die easily if you have an ice pick .??They however have a hurting move called as Dark Jupitel which wont hurt if you have a bathory on. This place is good money with lot of steel drops and Crests from Venatus. also every once in a while you get cooking sets and an armour charm dropped here.

5] Anolians located 3 maps east of comodo

Level Requirement : Lvl 60 +
Water armour and VVS Wind Damascus

Steal from them and Kill Anolians. They are good exp , may drop brooches[1] and Oris. There are also a lot of pests on this map which are a good source of Rough Ori sand occassional pest cards. There is a Toad MINI MVP in the map and a Mutant Dragonoid. If you have a water armour on , Mutant Dragonoid wont be a threat.

6] Thanatos Tower : Level 2 :??Just kill stuff. Payout is too random to generalise.

7] Turtle Island level 1 : This is actually a great map for money making however it tends to get boring since you are depending on rares over here. However since there is a tool dealer,Kafra and a warper over here - you can play for long long sessions.

8] Glast Castle 2 : A great map if you take the central portal in the map before prison. Lots of raydrics and wanderers. Switch between an ice pick and a VVS Earth Damascus for wanderers. Raydrics drop chain mils , Elus and the coveted card. A similiar map to this is Glast Chivalry 1 & 2. Entrance located at the left side of the Glast heim outdoor map.

There are more maps to hunt and make money but I will add them in future revisions, lets now discuss other ways to make money with a sinX which does not involve Hunting.

B] EDP bottles

This Requires you to have a Sinx with preferably above 80 lvl for decent number of success. Change your build to all dex 99 and remaining points into luck. Wear gears that give you luck and dex. Take a bless and Gloria from a Priest and make EDP bottles. You will have to farm most of the ingredients and either buy cheap Karvos or farm them yourselves. You have to profit by selling the EDP bottles you make to other Sinx.

C] Sinx as a party mate

??You need a good HP in your team for these methods - They involve hunting at the hardest maps for zeny.

1] MVPing in Biolabs 3:

Requirement : 90+ Trans Only with the best possible Gears.
Lurk and try to locate whether the HP mvp or the HW mvp have spawned with ridewords only. For the HP mvp just use an Assassin Dagger and start DPSing her with EDP. Assumptio and heal bombs should protect you till the MVP dies and gives huge exp and if lucky a great item. Since the MVP heals herself it will take a lot of time so be patient and make sure you lure the MVP to a safe spot.

In case of HW MVP put on your GTB (first take all buffs from the HP) and put your DDPT weapon in your free hand. Get yourself Asperio and start hitting the MVP with obne hand , with EDP you will still land 1000s on her. Meaning you have to hit her 1000 times or approximately 4 minutes. Not a problem. You cannot be healed so spam your healing items.

You can kill both the MVPs without a HP but the the HP mvp requires a huge investment unfortunately. For the HW mvp just spam Sand attack on her with one hand.

[2] Dragons in Abyss Lake :?? These babies have some great drops. Just make sure you get healed and take out stuff. Avoid Detale unless you find it alone.

I ll keep adding newer methods in the future as well as I am open to player contributed methods.[size=xx-large]
03-29-2009 04:56 PM
Find all posts by this user
jkang Offline

RE: Razer's Advanced Money Making Guide (Volume 1)

lol ddpt

What we do in life, echos in eternity.......
03-29-2009 05:03 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Yeah... save this guide for "that server" that this can apply to instead of copy/pasting it, and just add the Geffen 4 section for heRO?

I certainly don't find our donation page with pussy cat bells, lord kaho horns and other nifties that "that server" provides. We like to, hunt our stuff you know?

Or... have you assembled the infamous "DDPT" in heRO already?

03-29-2009 05:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

What a lot load of crap

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
03-29-2009 05:53 PM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

All I have to say is get a feel for our ingame economy and gameplay before suggesting guides please Icon_biggrin

It gives you more credibility too. Icon_mrgreen

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
03-29-2009 06:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

Yeah... Even the bible didn't have such accurate and true details such as the ones listed in this guide.

Nice guide man, very well structured load of crap Icon_smile

More power to you, can't wait to read another guide from you!
03-29-2009 06:20 PM
Kretzer Offline
Fat-Ality

Boy, you're hitting Massive levels of fail with only 3 Posts.

I honestly thought it was imposible.
03-29-2009 06:27 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

learn to play before you give advice lol.

you too jugg

edit:
fumofumofumofumofumofumofumofumofumofumofumofumofumofumofumo
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2009 06:52 PM by teOx.)
03-29-2009 06:45 PM
Doori Away
Lovable

^thank you needed to be said.

[Image: obitosig.png]

[Doori Sniper]       [Obito Stalker]
03-29-2009 07:01 PM
Galt Offline
Lurker

Oh, yes, why, let's all go grab our Ice Picks (which we all must surely have one at least) and go MvPing in Bio3!

Icon_neutral

Randomly materializing within heRO since 2008.

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
03-29-2009 07:09 PM
Thread Closed