Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Assistance Please
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

Assistance Please

If this is in the wrong place I apologize. I did not know where to place this.

Greetings and Salutations Heros. Some of you may know me, but I wouldn't be surprised if a vast majority don't. I am Jaque on Hero. I'm currently a level 77 Rogue with a few other characters to help me earn a little cash on the side Sweat I need a little assistance with a few things. If I could be so bold and ask that someone help me, I would appreciate the act of kindness greatly.

There are a few things I'm currently trying to do. First is Card hunting. Normally Leveling would be the first thing on my list, but I find that item hunting is slightly more to my liking. It provides me with a better reason to stay in one area for a long period of time.

I need two specific cards and I'm willing to try and work out a payment for them, but I feel it is more satisfying to hunt them. I need to hunt down, The Paper, and The Wander cards for a combo that I have been trying to complete since I started as a rogue many months ago. I RSM'd the location of each monster, but I am not very good at hunting on my own. If we could, I'd like to form a party of people near my level for leveling purposes as well as hunting.

The second thing is Leveling. I've been in the mid 70s for over 4 months, most of the time was due to my Laptop dying for two months. I'd like to try and form a leveling party if it would be ok with others. I have a fairly high agility. So I could possibly tank some of the monsters but mobbing isn't very good for me...at least not against heavy hitters.

As of right now that is all the help I really need. Though if someone could send me the build of a Plagiarism Rogue I'd also appreciate that as that is my ultimate goal for this character. Thanks for all those who even open this page and looked at it.

Snowhawk
~Jaque~

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
03-30-2009 09:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Assistance Please

Mmmm plagirism rogue...well Jaque I did level as a plagirize rogue in my 90+ range, so I got experience with that, but I wasn't really the most creative person. I did the standard Bowling Bash+mob stuff method. Here was kind of what I had though.

Str: 90-100 total to make your hits count for something and to allow two shot BB's with +5 VVS Ele Damas or Tsurugis on many mobs like Dragonfly, Ninetail, seals+otters, and allow one shotting all too easily on hillwinds. You can hunt other stuff of course but they may take more BB's.
Agi: 90-110 total really is all you need to hit like 178aspd I think
Vit: 20-30 most, and you can actually ignore this if you want. This deals with a personal preference of wanting my healing items to not completely fail me when I try to heal (though some would say just use fricco shoes or zombie card) >_>
Dex: 45-60 just allows you to reach typical hit counts you need
Luck: Rogues do not need this.

Others do this of course with bows, and some even level with plagirize rogue Turn Undead, however this can be stressful cause if you get hit with firewall from anubis or his thunderstorm or by minos heaven's drive you gotta start begging for TU again and that's just not fun.

I'm a bit curious what use you will have out of the thief combo set since you seem interested in using it. Also if I happen to be around I do have an 81 magic ninja that is fire based (working on the wind path) but I haven't touched him in awhile >.>

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
03-30-2009 11:47 AM
rams365 Offline
Paradox Divided by 0

You sorta dug yourself into a hole with the class you chose. For future reference you should probably make a more party friendly class if you're into partying rather than something that usually solos O_O. In this case though, I suggest taking SG off a Wizard and going full Int. build and being the SG for a party. You should be able to find your way into a nameless or ice dungeon party or 2.
EDIT: If you're having trouble finding a Nameless party I can probably squeeze you in at some point, I'm often at Nameless on my clown. P

FullRotation365: 9x 6x Sniper, Halfrotation182.5: 8x 5x Clown, FullRotation360:8x 5x Sin-x;
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2009 12:07 PM by rams365.)
03-30-2009 12:06 PM
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

Thanks for the build Aanarok. Icon_biggrin The reason I want the set is for PvP and MvP hunting purposes.??I know there are better comboes out there, but this set holds the most Pros IMO.??The entire set is practically for Theives and it can be interchangable between my Rogue and my Sin.

I realized that the Rogues aren't really team players.??I originally came from a high rate where most melee classes were under powered compared to those of magical standings.??Only the Lord Knight held any weight, especially in MvP hunts and events.??One member there had a really good Plagarism Rogue there and she was one of the higher ranked members so i wanted to try and get a feel for the class myself. Not the best choice I've made in my life, but I still stand behind it.

For those that don't know the combo:
~Dancing Dragon Card~
AGI + 1
Critical Rate + 3

~ Shinobi Card~
AGI + 1
Add a 10% chance of auto casting Level 5 Cloaking on the user when the user receives Physical Damage.
If you equip this without learning Level 3 Cloaking or higher, it only activates when you are next to the wall.

~The Paper Card~
Inflict 20% more damage with Critical attacks.
Drain 1 SP from its owner on each attack.
[+ Wanderer & Wild Rose & Shinobi & Dancing Dragon]
AGI + 5
STR + 5
Intimidate Auto-Spell will not function.
Increases Attack Speed by 5%.
Movement Speed + 5%
Gain 1 SP every time when attacking.
[Thief Class]
Allows its user to use certain skills without spending Gemstones.

~Wanderer Card~
Add a 2% chance of auto casting Level 1 Intimidate on an enemy when the user receives Physical Damage.

[Thief Class]
Flee Rate + 20

~Wild Rose Card~
AGI + 1
[Thief Class]
Perfect Dodge + 5

It really isn't that bad a combo especially with all the added features for Thief Classed Jobs.

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2009 12:34 PM by Snowhawk.)
03-30-2009 12:26 PM
Kirby_Z Offline
The Kirbster

Hey look for me in game and I will gladly help you. I hate soloing >.>

Proud Member Of The Nya Nya Crew
[Image: nyanya.jpg][Image: 51000806.png]
Nya Nya Crew - ¥†‡ Hero's #1 Social Non Woe Guild ‡†¥
03-30-2009 06:17 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Stalkers can be party oriented classes, its just...not the easiest, or the best, and it can't ever be the best at anything that is specialized. Swordies will forever tank better than you, your damage is about equal to a LK with BB Bow *little more or less depending on a few gears* and if you spell specialize, well its never the best, but it is easier to get faster casts than Hi Wiz and Ninja if that means anything.

Understanding these weaknesses though I say rogues are capable of party play all the same. You got a few tricks up your sleeve the sinx lacks which at least puts rogue above him when it comes to such choices. Also unlike the swordy class and the wiz class you got versatility when it comes to these moves...

Throw Stone: Your provoke basically, yah yah sins got it too but rogues can spam it more with their higher sp count. Also you easily have about double the sp count of most LK, and depending on your build, you could have more than a paladin too.

Close Confine: freaking sexy awesome skill that can constantly save another player from their untimely death. Agi or Vit stalkers can make use of this skill.

Backslide: Yep...its awesome, combine it properly with close confine to have super sexy results (get out of the confine if you need to quickly).

Backstab: Um yah totally underated skill. If in the right situations you can have a monster on the tank and actually spam this skill (some monsters never change targets). When spamming backslide your DPS actually will wind up higher than spamming BB, but this isn't always easy to see >_>...oh yah mostly recommend this one to the dagger build stalker also since its half dmg with bow.

Raid: Most of the time useless, but can have a few charming moments, especially in nameless, since banshees love to stun a ton :3

03-30-2009 06:55 PM
Neuneck Offline
Back on the road!

What you acutally chose is the combo for sins rather than for Rogues, although there are some strange crossings (Do rogues even have skills that use gemstones? Why do they get additional crit dmg then? - How come the other set (link below) allows to cloak better when you have the skill, but at the same time increases Back Stab dmg?)

This is the combo I think is meant for rogue... Maybe you want to have a look at the two, and decide what set would suit your needs better.

Mr Moe - 99/69 SinX
Mr Satch - 9x/6x Clown
Mr Power - Xx/Xx Whitesmith
Mr Strafe - 9x/50 Hunter - Coffee Break
Mr Heal - 9x/50 Priest
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2009 07:07 PM by Neuneck.)
03-30-2009 07:07 PM
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

@Aanarok I honestly can't tell if you are trying to sell the rogue class to me or school me in the Rogue class Sweat It may have been for the other guy. /...;

@Kirby You bet I will Icon_biggrin

@Neuneck Yes I agree that is better for my specific class it even holds three similar cards two of which I already own Icon_biggrin. With that one I'll need to add Stainer card, and Wickbine Card to my hunting list, one easy, the other nearly impossible for me to get at my current level. If anything I will not beable to hunt for and complete that set on my own until I transcend. Unless I get a very generous donor or a highly skilled team when I'm in my early to late 90s. It is definatly something I shall look into and compare with my current set of choice. Thank you.

03-31-2009 11:26 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I have rogue set. Need to test if the intimidate auto-function turns off if you have the combo or not (it may still not do what it says it should).

And yah, I am trying to say Rogues can party, I'm just long winded sometimes. Icon_razz

03-31-2009 04:30 PM
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

Don't mind Aaronock Icon_biggrin; He's an old professor who likes to babble on forever.

*Ducks the forthcoming firebolt*

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
03-31-2009 04:54 PM