No teOx, I think they're serious Icon_suprised

[Image: monkey.png]

[Image: siggymonkey.jpg]
04-01-2009 04:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE:??Third Classes?

teOx Wrote:unreduceable "fixed" cast time is a joke.

I haven't read on it since February, so perhaps your updated information may have changed it. Like I said, wasn't it said how SG has 2 sec irreducible cast time? Or did they fudge with all the values again/redo the concept?

04-01-2009 04:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE: Third Classes?

Oh, I thought teOx was more implying that it was a "joke" as in "stupid."

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
04-01-2009 04:50 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

I dunno what he means since both definitions feel the context perfectly, lol.

04-01-2009 04:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Riverl Offline
Poring knight :3

Wall of text follow, read at your own eyes' risk Evil

Ro is a MMORPG "of freedom"
As in, almost any class developed one or two build that's totally different from how people and the developers first envision em, and yet those build work perfectly
And most people complain about renewal since it seem to make those build useless, or seem to be useless now. And they believe that take away their freedom to have a cool class that excel at a job it wasnt supposed to.
Yet...
IMO, the current RO's "freedom" is kind of warped
Since it actually created some severe restriction, not exactly freedom. Some apparent problem:
-You want best damage weapon, okayyyy, stick with 4 slot level 1 weapon, easy to get high upgrade, and card >>> weapon's effect.
result: the majority of a class has to stick to a kind of weapon for mid-end game: sword knight best sword is katana [4], lance knight??best lance is pike [4],GC pally haedongum, Matyr pally knife, shield pally saber [3] or blade [4], the list goes on. Some class build has more variant, but 1 or 2 and that's it... other are mostly needed for the process before reaching the "end" gear. What's the point of high lv weapons when flat out attack cant hope to compete with percentage modifier?
-Stat build also become monotone: If you want to PVP effectively, regardless of classes, invest in vit, dex (may be except the swordman class and magnum break) and your damage increasing stat; luk become a forgotten stat, and agi an inferior defensive stat. All around (more evenly distributed stats) is unrewarding and lose out compare to capitalize of certain stats.
-Some classes turn obsolete and rarely needed, while some classes become over popular for their insane skill/dps/utility. IC wiz/near IC wiz for once, dont really need any other DPS helping them, nor do they need tank, they are almost a one man army, if assurance is needed, just a heal bot and may be a bard (in case of real IC and very near IC, even the bard isnt need). Name a place that actually require the party to have a swordman class instead of "good if we have, alrite if we dont" please? Do you even need Gypsy outside of duet when Bragi >>> all Gypsy active (non duet) buff?

I'm not trying to offense anyone with the above listing, but that's how everything is with the current RO IMO

And the trans 2nd classes already reached most of the game limit (asp limit, IC limit, stunt immune, and so on), so Class 3 cant really be "real class 3" (as in, class 2, even trans ones, shouldnt be able to compete to them, generally, like how even high-1st class shouldnt be able to win again 2nd class unless insanely geared or really well played).

renewal, AFAIK, seem to tried to address a lot of these problem with fixed cast time (although I believe test must be carry out to avoid unreasonable fixed cast time, which is what being done, if I'm not mistaken, for the renewal server is currently a test server), higher damage ratio for higher weapon level, buffed up the more well-round builds, and lower what trans classes can archive to fit in 3rd classes.
To be honest, players have been crying for bigger change, and fixing/changing the current formula; but now Gravity decided to make a change, I see more people complain just from reading the change log instead of trying it out and see how it goes. AFAIK, those playing on the KRO test server dont really find it that stupid/annoying. Give it a chance...

[Image: 02bwaeu8.png]
Poring obsessed knight 87/54
Poring dancing on a stick 72/??
All hail da porings X3
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2009 02:43 PM by Riverl.)
04-01-2009 09:12 PM
Lance Offline
Dragon Lance - Hiya! Normal People!

Oooh. I actually read all that. @_@

Typical though, you want something , but when you finally get it, you find everything and anything that you think could possibly be wrong with it.

Self proclaimed oldest heRO.
Only GM-Pandora has been here longer.  
04-02-2009 02:31 PM
ShadowValentine Offline
Spero Dum Spiro.

That's humanity for u >.>

Søren Kierkegaard Wrote:And when the hourglass has run out, the hourglass of temporality, when the noise of secular life has grown silent and its restlessness or ineffectual activism has come to an end, when everything around you is still, as it is in eternity, then eternity asks you and every individual in these millions and millions about only one thing: whether you have lived in despair or not.
05-12-2009 11:12 PM