Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Alphabetical Order Storage?
gummyjeff@gmail.com Offline

Alphabetical Order Storage?

It'd be alot more convenient searching for the hundreds of items in our storages if they were put to alphabetical order. is there some way that that could happen?
04-02-2009 06:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Neuneck Offline
Back on the road!

RE: Alphabetical Order Storage?

I don't think it'd be so good. You'll get used to the order the storage has after a while. Now, things like the elemental ores or arrows, cards, scrolls, potoins of different kinds, weapons of the same class and so on appear under each other. E.g. I know that that witched starsands are below the arrows and cards in my storage, which allows me to find them rather fast.
An alphabetical order would rip apart all those groups of things and make it even harder to find something, or to check something, like if you have enough ores for a quest or how many hatter cards you have at the moment.

Mr Moe - 99/69 SinX
Mr Satch - 9x/6x Clown
Mr Power - Xx/Xx Whitesmith
Mr Strafe - 9x/50 Hunter - Coffee Break
Mr Heal - 9x/50 Priest
04-02-2009 06:30 AM
GT-Hiro Offline
Shadow Drifter

Their grouped by item ID currently. It's a good system becasue, well, what neuneck said. Knowing where some of the items are will lead you to your desired item. IF you do it alphabeticly ,well... it may help in finding stuff if its just by unrefined name alone but it'd reak havoc to all the misc stuff throwing some stuff here and the item thats related to this all the way over there and so on.

Not to mention that, from my server at least, the ordering is in the source code which is pretty fragile. But thats just my opinion.

GT-BlackHiro, GT-WhiteHiro, GT-ShadowHiro, GT-Destiny

Quote:A Lost Soul drifting though the voids of Eternal
Darkness
04-02-2009 03:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

+1 Neuneck and Hiro...
editing how kafra storage works IMHO would take a serious bit of programming and could potentially lead some people off (those who are accustomed to the old method).
anyway if you notice it correctly, the current item-ID method is actually quite neat (similar to the Dewey-decimal System) because you'll find most cards in one block and items from the same "episode" or "area" will most likely be stacked together.

so yeah i know it's hard to browse through 600 items (my storage is continuously packed because i am always afraid that some misc items i thought should be NPCed would be used for a custom quest /sobIcon_wink, but you'll get used to it soon enough... Ok

-w-
04-02-2009 10:17 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

on iro they are left in whatever order you through them into storage. its fun to organize gears in storage to show off in screenshots though. still we're lucky its organized at all here Icon_razz
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2009 10:36 AM by teOx.)
04-04-2009 10:33 AM
Yumera Offline
Kissing Fiend

It was organized by alphabetical order in one of my previous server and like they said it was a nightmare in a way. Like all my alchy brewing books where all over the place. I guess finding things would be a bit simpler, but i like that all my arrows are bunched together as well as all my cards, and not have them be all over the place /spin

~*:Yumera:Arlean:Erali:Yume:Miru:Rayne:Alana:Leilara:Wonderbucket:*~
04-04-2009 05:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply