Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Team PvP Rules Discussion
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Team PvP Rules Discussion

Similar to how in the past we compiled and reached a decently fine list for PvP 1vs1 tournament rules. Likewise, let's compile one for Team PvP (one team vs one team, where each team has 2 or more teammates.) So, opinions?

Let's use this following mildly modified 1vs1 PvP rules as the skeleton framework to start the discussion.

Item Limitations
-No healing/restoration items of any kind during battle (there are exceptions)
-Exception 1: condensed red potion for Lif Homunculus and/or Condensed Potion Pitcher
-Exception 2: orange potion for "Potion Pitcher" skill
-Additional banned item: Token of Siegfried, Small/Med/Large Life Potions, yggdrasil leaf
-no cute pets
-buff items that also heal hp/sp are allowed but only used during pre-buff period
-no spell scrolls

Skill Limitations
-banned skills: basilica, play dead, redemptio
-Alchemist/Creator classes can use homunculus but cannot resurrect homunculus
-Resurrection spell: once per priest in each match
-unlimited green potion/panacea, converters and ASPD potions
-If a rogue lost a skill from plagiarism due to dying in battle/any other means, the rogue can get the skill again from GM
-any skills that doesn't involve movement of the character itself are allowed during prebuff: as long as the player does not move to a new location until the start of the match

Other details
-players may choose to forfeit and receive an automatic loss in battle if they wish
-a tie is defined as when both teams have any players are standing when time runs out, OR when both teams lost all of their hp at the same time OR when both teams agreed to a tie during prebuff period
-should a team not show up during their time for PvP session regardless of reason (be it leaving early, D/C), it will constitute as an automatic win for the other team
-an automatic loss is given to the team with a player who leaves the battle arena during their pvp session through any means
-if you need repair/access to your deposited items from the GM, tell the GM immediately after your battle. After you are recalled to the audience stand, you cannot ask for GM assistance until the end of your next match.

04-06-2009 07:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Team PvP Rules Discussion

Its team PvP, so I'd like to request possible banning of the duet Moonlight Watermill/Sheltering Bliss.??Yes, I know range can still hit the player, and yes I know magic can too, but its just not a very fun skill to play against.??I guess it is like Basillica...

About the only modification I really see that may be needed.??

EDIT: WHOOPS I was wrong, let's actually put either a limitation on Kaizel or ban it also. This might need to be added to 1vs1 pvp just as a general safe measure.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2009 08:09 PM by Aaronock.)
04-06-2009 08:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

GM-Ayu Wrote:Item Limitations
-Exception 1: condensed red potion for Lif Homunculus and/or Condensed Potion Pitcher
-Additional banned item: Token of Siegfried, Small/Med/Large Life Potions, yggdrasil leaf
-no cute pets
-buff items that also heal hp/sp are allowed but only used during pre-buff period
-no spell scrolls

No buff item at all.
No authoritative badge or converters.
Period.
There is a reason for agiup and the endow spell.

Conden red limited to 10.

Orange limited to 20.

Poison bottle limited to 2.??

Acid/Fire bottle limited to 20 of each (40 total).
Will do 20 acid demo per fight.??

ASPD potion limited to 1.
Got dispelled, too bad.??

Maximum of 15 blue gem, 10 red, 5 yellow. (30/20/10 for professors and sages only.)?
?

GM-Ayu Wrote:Skill Limitations
-Resurrection spell: once per priest in each match
-If a rogue lost a skill from plagiarism due to dying in battle/any other means, the rogue can get the skill again from GM
-any skills that doesn't involve movement of the character itself are allowed during prebuff: as long as the player does not move to a new location until the start of the match

No. Don't ban any skill (except play dead).??
If it's team fight, there as to be a reason for it.??

Illimited ressurection (there is however a maximum amount of blue gem as specified above)

No green pot, no panacea, no green herb etc.??There has to be a reason for the skill detoxification and for the mute skill.??This is teamplay here.??

I discussed aspd pot above in the section where it was supposed to be, items.??

My conclusion: Don't limit skills.??They will be limited by the items restrictions.??Will allow more strategy and give easier control to the organiser.??

Oh, and give 10 minutes per fight.??

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2009 10:46 PM by Général_Argos.)
04-06-2009 08:13 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

lame nothx
04-06-2009 08:19 PM
Nidsrule Offline
๏̯͡๏

GM-Ayu Wrote:Item Limitations
-no cute pets

-no spell scrolls
-No custom healing items (Fish) or ygg items (berries/seeds)

Skill Limitations
-Resurrection spell: once per priest in each match Unlimited

Other details
-players may choose to forfeit and receive an automatic loss in battle if they wish
-a tie is defined as when both teams have any players are standing when time runs out, OR when both teams lost all of their hp at the same time OR when both teams agreed to a tie during prebuff period
-should a team not show up during their time for PvP session regardless of reason (be it leaving early, D/C), it will constitute as an automatic win for the other team
-an automatic loss is given to the team with a player who leaves the battle arena during their pvp session through any means
-if you need repair/access to your deposited items from the GM, tell the GM immediately after your battle. After you are recalled to the audience stand, you cannot ask for GM assistance until the end of your next match.
-The arena should follow pvp rules, as in after a player is killed twice they are warped back to their save point. To keep things nice and clean, make seperate waiting rooms for each team. At the beginning of each match, warp all teams to the observation area, then warp the two competing teams into the arena. As each player is killed twice they will be warped back to their team's waiting zone.

Imo.

Team sizes should have a decent lower limit (something along the lines of 5v5). Even if you consider 2v2 as team pvp, the mechanics of RO still make pvp at that level quite bad.

[Image: 2yv147n.gif]
04-06-2009 09:05 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

RE:??Team PvP Rules Discussion

Nidsrule Wrote:-The arena should follow pvp rules, as in after a player is killed twice they are warped back to their save point.

Dumb.

Limit the blue gems and let players manage their own things.??

Useable item are balanced to be used once in a while, thus need a restriction in their amount.??

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2009 09:08 PM by Général_Argos.)
04-06-2009 09:08 PM
Nidsrule Offline
๏̯͡๏

Limiting blue gems limits skills like safety wall and LP. THAT is dumb.

04-06-2009 09:09 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

I don't think you can even change the return to save point once pvp is turned on, unless you go to source code edit which isn't going to happen for this Sweat

I don't know how you beat basilica if they keep spamming it to force you into definite draws... at least even for play dead I know a few ways, so as much as I'm open to all other suggestions, how do you defend basilica against guaranteed draws?

04-06-2009 09:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nidsrule Offline
๏̯͡๏

Obviously having all teams save would be done prior to the matches starting.

04-06-2009 09:14 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Yes I know, was more talking to Krim. I know what you mean by the saved waiting room, though I think returning to observation area away from arena suffices... unless going back from waiting room to observation area, players are required another save there as well (which sounds horribly tedious of a procedure) or else people can relog and they will enter the waiting room even when it's not their team that's up.

*points to basilica question*

04-06-2009 09:17 PM