Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Curse Words ;o
DeAmascus Offline
~The Queenie!~ <3

Toungue Curse Words ;o

??As far as I understood, there should be no curse words directed in the server. I hadn't really "SEEN" any rules about it, but I'm assuming since most people are like "ZOMG" at my signature have "f**k" in it. I had been wondering...WOULD it be okay if we have a curse word in the Guild title, or party, as long as it is NOT directed at anyone in particular, and isn't insulting anyone.

For example, there will be no "F**k -insert name-" or "-insert name- a**hole" or anything of that sort.

Simply if...say..I kept my guild title the way it had been on the other server. Where it's not saying "I'm better than you" or anything, just an opinion. Thanks for your time. =] Love???

Anyone is free to add opinions, or reject it. Seeming how everyone has their own opinion. I'm open to it. =] ?

~The Queenie~

[Image: FadedMoonsig1.png]

Quote:Baby Snow/ Oden says (7:39 PM):
I wish I had it
to give you
~Moonie~ says (7:39 PM):
LOL
/shy;

[Image: LAWL.jpg] 
04-07-2009 07:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE: Curse Words ;o

DeAmascus Wrote:I hadn't really "SEEN" any rules about it

Server Rules thread Wrote:Restriction in Naming Conventions
Below is the list of letters/numbers/symbols allowed in creation of a character's name. Make sure to also choose a name that is appropriate (aka no slander, profanity, insult, etc!). Player names who do not respect this rule will be sent to jail until a new name is chosen, the character can also be deleted if the name is too offensive. Using similar name as an existing player to carry out malicious act or to purposely ruin the player's reputation is also a punished offense.

Allowed characters:
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ1234567890_-~^().:!?@$%&+='

The "appropriate" rule also goes for anything else a player has to choose a name for, such as party name, guild name, guild title, pet/homunculus name, shop name, chat room name, etc.

Be respectful to everyone
Insulting, the use of swears, discrimination, racism, sexism or any other offending comments may result in punishment. That goes for everywhere, especially on the Main Chat for everyone. Do not purposely kill other players outside of PvP/GvG enabled map via any means (such as DB/BB, or ressing player on a warp portal that leads to exp-loss maps.)

Now you've seen them~

As for your other question, no sorry.
I'm sure that you'll live with a slightly different guild title.

04-07-2009 07:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Lol, don't even try to debate about that, you will hit a wall as I did as it is one of the things the gms are inflexible with.??

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2009 07:48 PM by Général_Argos.)
04-07-2009 07:47 PM
DeAmascus Offline
~The Queenie!~ <3

Well enough.

Meaning; if I "censor" the f**k, I'll still get in trouble. As long as I got that out of the way. We're good. Thanks, I'll use my other titles. =] Just didn't want to get in trouble. XD Love

~The Queenie~

[Image: FadedMoonsig1.png]

Quote:Baby Snow/ Oden says (7:39 PM):
I wish I had it
to give you
~Moonie~ says (7:39 PM):
LOL
/shy;

[Image: LAWL.jpg] 
04-07-2009 07:50 PM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

Is a space, aka empty string, " ", an allowed character in names?

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
04-07-2009 10:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

Hum.. yes. Like Lord Jugger is allowed. o.o

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
04-07-2009 10:51 PM
Kretzer Offline
Fat-Ality

I gotta be honest.

I hate that rule, i hate it, i hate it, i hate it.

Im pretty sure Nobody will be offended if i walk around town F-Bombing, but if you find the community of heRO that sensitive, hell. Didn't know i was playing with a bunch of 10 year olds, i guess i'll call Tom a Poopy Nose from now on.
04-08-2009 01:40 AM
Sepharius Offline
:3

RE:??Curse Words ;o

Kretzer Wrote:I gotta be honest.

I hate that rule, i hate it, i hate it, i hate it.

Im pretty sure Nobody will be offended if i walk around town F-Bombing, but if you find the community of heRO that sensitive, hell. Didn't know i was playing with a bunch of 10 year olds, i guess i'll call Tom a Poopy Nose from now on.

Icon_suprised

5% of our server is 10 year olds. Icon_suprised

And they drop the F-Bomb more than we do. Icon_suprised!!

[Image: chibiscorp.jpg]
Want Third class sprites? Click here!
04-08-2009 01:58 AM
Galt Offline
Lurker

Sentences can be just as easily said without the curse words, which, in my opinion, are unnecessary.

And yeah, I hate it when people use the F-bomb (or any other profanity) so casually, like they pretend it doesn't bother anybody. It does.

So, I think I'm a sensitive 10-year-old that can type with perfect grammar! Wow!

Randomly materializing within heRO since 2008.

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
04-08-2009 02:04 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

i might be wrong, but i think "who" would be more appropriate than "that" when referring to a "10-year-old" (which in the context seems to refer to a human being)... xP

anyhoo, i've always found it funny how curse words are what they are. Funnier still is how random symbols (such as $&#@!) are often used to substitute or mask expletives (especially in comics).
and even funnier still is semiotics... some people may take offense if we say "yhawx" to them and although we probably don't understand how that makes any sense at all, it still doesn't mean that their taking offense from it is not justifiable... Sweat

-w-
04-08-2009 02:25 AM