Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question About Brewer alchemist
Moonito Offline
Take a taste of my Books! :P

Question About Brewer alchemist

I have a question about PURE brewer alchemist. I though it had to be 99 luk + 99 dex, but I read lots of guides and they say you need 99 luk and 99 int... Why int... it doesnt affect brewers... I know you can get dex from a ministrel (bard's evolution) but... INT?!?!?! :S . Does it affect in any way brewer alchemist?!?! Thanks for the info Icon_biggrin

MoonyP (Battle Sage lvl 8x .... [yes, a Battle sage.. you're not getting blind xD])
Moonito (alchemist lvl 9x)
Potero (alchemist (pots) lvl 8x....)
Vanilmirth (vanil lvl 7x [I put it like a character cuase it does much more than my 2 alches together Icon_razz])
04-14-2009 07:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Avogadro Offline
I like popsicles

RE: Question About Brewer alchemist

If you go look at the equation for brewing success, you find that INT does affect success rates, although at half the rate of DEX and LUK.
04-14-2009 07:30 AM
Moonito Offline

Sry but... I have checked it and it doesnt...? in which part of the equation?!?!?! I ahve read it a hundread of time ( ingame and in guides) so I miss anything Icon_biggrin... can you say me WHERE in the equation says INT? Icon_razz

(sorry to disturb but Im not lying... I read it a hundead of times Icon_biggrin)

MoonyP (Battle Sage lvl 8x .... [yes, a Battle sage.. you're not getting blind xD])
Vanilmirth (vanil lvl 7x [I put it like a character cuase it does much more than my 2 alches together Icon_razz])
04-14-2009 07:38 AM
Avogadro Offline
I like popsicles

If you google "brewing success rate" or somesuch, you'll eventually come across this equation:

PR*1 + PP*3 + Joblv*0.2 + [Dex + Luk + (Int/2)] X 0.1 + a + 5

Ignoring the explanation of the various PR and PP values, as you can find this yourself, INT is included in the success rate calculation.
04-14-2009 07:56 AM
Moonito Offline

ohh... I see... If I use marionette control, i need (for the alchemist) 50 dex, so around 49 or 48 dex (half of 99, ministrel dex) will be transfered and I will have 99 dex with the alchemist. Is that right? Or I just have to put 99 int, 99 dex and the ministrel give me 99 dex? (in some pages says marionette control transferes only half of stats, thats why I ask.

04-14-2009 08:03 AM
Avogadro Offline
I like popsicles

Now I'm not 100% on MC.... never bothered to care... but the first part seems right.

99 int is overkill, though. Especially when, if you're going pure brewer, luk is more important.
04-14-2009 08:21 AM
Moonito Offline

Ok. Thanks Icon_biggrin. I will do the 50 dex, 99 luck and the other to int.... If someone (apart from avogadro) can tell me if this is ok, tell me plz.

04-14-2009 09:17 AM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

If you have a MCer (almost all of whom have high DEX due to their class) available for most of your brewing, go max LUK, high INT, mid DEX. If you do not, go for DEX/LUK since you'll want the highest success possible the highest % of the time (without MC, having LUK/INT/DEX sucks...a lot).

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
04-14-2009 02:32 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

IMHO the correct formula for max brewing chances is 8x LUK 8x DEX and rest INT... make sure you spend all the points.

use an RO calc. RODE's calc should suit your needs, especially since it also displays brewing chances...

-w-
04-14-2009 08:17 PM
Moonito Offline

I dont see where in the calc it has the brewing part....I have found another brewing calc but it doesnt have marionette control part... so it would be great if you can tell me where in the calc( I think you mean this : http://rode.doddlercon.com/db/calc/ ) is the brewing part . There is something I dont understand anyways.... when the MCer gives you his/her points, if you have 10 dex you shoud get (10+60) being 60 the half of total MCer stats, but, if I had 99 dex, would I get (99+60)? Or because its more than 99 (159 actually) I dont get MCers points? Beacuse in some pages its says the overflow (more than 99) go wasted so... it means the overall overflow or the "Bonus stat" overflow?

Thanks for helping me Icon_biggrin

(This post was last modified: 04-14-2009 11:31 PM by Moonito.)
04-14-2009 11:08 PM