Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Want to know who your GMs are?
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Want to know who your GMs are?

Lately we've been hearing a lot of sad rumors about corruption on this server. Let me start by assuring you that those rumors are completly false.

First, let me tell you more about the heRO GM team and their friends (I know, I know, the text is long XD)

We started playing RO about 2 years ago on a small server, we were noobs back then *lol* but we enjoyed playing together, it was really fun to play an online game with a bunch of real life friends. It was on that small server that we created our first guild and started to woe. At first it was bad, we stunk!! But we had fun! When that server died we moved on to another, much bigger server.

We created our guild again and we leveled our chars together, we were already more used to the game and knew our classes a little better. Since we all spoke french, we invited other players in our guild even if they were not real life friends, as long as they spoke french too. This created a bound between us (and was also convienient since we could speak our main language in guild chat, even tough most of us also spoke english). After a few months on the big server we started to woe again, it was much harder.

Big servers have lots of good players and the server already had strong guilds! But in the end, it was good for us, because it thought us to strategize and to play together. We started using microphones to speak to one another during woe. We made plans to attack in woe, using each class to their avantage.

After some more months had passed we conquered our first castle, a short victory for our guild. We were not able to keep it of course, but it was a step in the right direction. We made plans to defend, got alliances, leveled some more, hunted long and hard for our gears. Eventually we were able to conquer and keep a castle. Long story short, we started with nothing but through lots of efforts we achieved our goal. The big server closed down, with no indication as to when it would reopen, after a few days we went in search of a new server.

We found another small server where we decided to remake our guild, it seemed like a nice place, there were many events and they gave points to buy custom gears! We had more fun on the new server, woe were much easier than on the big server (no offense to ppl who came from there XD). We quickly made a name for ourselves. We had been playing RO for over a year then, so we were used to leveling and hunting, we knew the good spots and we kept on helping each other. The core of the guild was the same as on our first server, along the way we had made more friends, some stuck with us, others left. Notice I only mention our guild once per server, while other guilds always changed, broke down, died or were remade, ours was united and stuck through all that time.

It was on that server that most of us first made it to level 99 and reborned. After a few months on that server we had a very strong guild, we had a lot of very good gears, we held numerous castles. Not to sound braggy, but it almost became boring! XD The core of the guild had been playing RO together for almost 2 years! We knew the game very well, had proven we could level high and woe pretty good.

It was around that time (during a party at Ben's house I think) that we spoke of making our own server.

We were at that point where just making our guild again on a new server sounded a bit dull, we had done it numerous time, had leveled many characters, hunted a lot of gears, conquered a lot of castles. We wanted more.

The idea took a bit of time, discussions (arguments too XD), tweaking and such, but finally we made heRO! That bunch of friends from the first server are the GMs that you know now. We each have our own skills, so together, I think we make a good team ^_^ Some are more into scripting or events, others are really good at handling patchers or helping players by solving tickets.

I think I speak for all of us, when I say that all in all, we enjoy being GMs! We are having a lot of fun and we love this server <3. However, that does not mean that we stopped liking to play RO.

Some of the GMs also play on the server, with legitimate characters, all that knowledge that we gathered over 2 years is not gone. We still know where to hunt, how to level our characters and how to play. Also, remember our guild I spoke about a lot, well the "core" of the guild are GMs, but that did not mean we just closed contact with the rest of our former guild. We invited them, as well as a lot of people from our previous server, to play on heRO. They're still our friends and/or people we enjoy playing with.

So what about the GM's legitimate characters? Some people seem to assume that because someone plays both a GM and a player, that they must be cheating. Well no, that's not the case. If any of the GM's playing character made it high it's not through cheating, it's simply because they know how to play!

Anyone can hunt cards and equips, it just takes time and effort (teamwork helps a lot too)! If you're not happy about your level or the equips of your own character, well get off your butt and get working on it! Stop pointing fingers at others and stop being envious.

So how to prove we are not cheating? We can't and we wont. You'll just have to take our word for it. The heRO GM team is not corrupted. We play fair and square!

If you don't like it, we're not holding you here by force, the door is there and you're free to leave.

That being said, I'd like to stop hearing ranting about this issue. And no, I won't tell you the names of the legitimate characters of the GM. If other GMs want to tell you who their characters are, that's their choice and they are free to do so! Some people know, some *think* they know and others have no clue, but it makes no difference, please stop viewing them as "GM chars", they are player, just like you. ^_^

You may comment in this post if you wish, get it out of your system if you have something to say, but keep it clean!

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
01-14-2006 03:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ben
Unregistered

RE: Want to know who your GMs are?

As pandora said, we've held our guild for 2 years, it was like a little family, now our family is here and you're part of it. Rest assured that you can always trust your GM team Icon_smile

To add to her post:

Here are a few facts about your GM team, the server and the game in general.
  • The only GM equip is 1 uber card and nobody could get away with playing with it. It would never go unnoticed since it gives you insane stats.
  • We are all mature people (age 23 and up).
  • We all played for around 2 years before starting this server, and its the love for the game that made us do it.
  • We all know the game really well, inside/outside WoE.
    Our different fields of study allows us to make this server evolve in different ways.
  • Some of us DO have a LEGIT character (and I cant emphasize enough on "LEGIT")
  • There has never nor will there ever be any item created for someone's benefit (legit character).
  • Items can only be acquired from monster/castle/oca/obb/opb/giftbox.
  • We encourage teamplay and cooperation.
  • We encourage fairplay.

For the record, if some GMs wouldnt be playing in here they probably would be playing on some other servers (They still enjoy the game as much as before). Playing the game is the best way to know its good points and its negative points. Having active GMs that also play legits characters is the best way to make sure they change thing that matters to players. Having a good server is in theyre own interests.

Server has been up for 3 months now, considering a high enough character with some equips can kill +/- 1500+ enemies in a single evening, it takes approximately two days to find a perticular card, that is without including help you can receive from friends. It's not surprising that some player are well equipped. Remembers guys: Teamplay > equips. And your character strenght is proportional to the time you spend on it.

WoE is a war. There are no "friends" during war, but that don't mean you cant be nice to others outside of WoE. RO is a game. Play it and try to have some fun instead of allways finding something to complain about.

To have played a few server allready here are a few hints that I can give you about WoE.

Dont kill other people that try to take the castle while attacking, you might be at war but in that precise moment you both fight a common ennemy. Too often have I seen (on this server) 3/4 of the attacking force killing eachothers out before to encounter the defending team.

Status enlignment card seems to become popular, but to every effect there is a card/stats to counter it, learn about your enemies talk among yourselft about the best way to kill them, every build/every character has a weak point, exploit it.

Decide among yourself of the priorities when attacking, you wont be able to kill a well prepared guild if you all attack randomly, but if everyone focus on the same target I can assure you that it will die pretty quick.

I know some guilds/people use teamspeak/ventrilo to talk among themselves. If you have the possibility to use it this will definately help you out. It is possible to "talk" while you are attacking but its quite difficult to "chat".

RO is a boring game if you only play it for monster bashing. Make some friends, try to learn more about other and you will enjoy the game a lot more. If someone kill you in pvp or in WoE dont be too frustrated about it: Isnt the point of WoE/pvp exactly that of killing other? Instead of staying frustrated about him outside of those time try to learn more about him. I think I spoke with a lot of our current users and most if not all of them are really nice people.

Peace everyone

Ben

P.S. If you want to chat about WoE and tactics feel free to PM me when I'm online, it's a subject that I love and im sure I can give some worthy suggestions about it Icon_smile
01-14-2006 03:32 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

*Applause*

Great story Icon_cry

*cheers*

Hopefully now people wont be so sad and angry Icon_cry

01-14-2006 03:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Blu3Tig3r Offline
Legend At Work

That's totally awesome! It's cool to meet people like you guys. Icon_biggrin
01-14-2006 05:19 PM
Tenshi Offline
•(The KutleRY)•

Yeah it's awesome~
I know some of them from the first server I've played on and I can vouch on them knowing how to play
And I have seen some of their equips and stats and there is nothing exceptional about them (on the legit chars)
It is a great buch of GMs and it's fun

[Image: 180da8wb2.gif]

I am the stone that the builder refused
Amicule, deliciae, num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
01-14-2006 09:03 PM
Fionit Offline

i was also on theyre first server (part of the guild) i simply followed them i can vouch for theyre tactics in woe they were awesome. If i didnt knew these gms i would have a bit of difficulty to believe that theyre actually legit, since they lvl very fast and some have some pretty impressive equips. Ive seen them on other servers getting all theyre equip with perseverence so i DOUBT they would ever create items or give exp or whatever you can imagine.

IGN: Fionit Stalker 95/66

[Image: guildsignature8lo.jpg]
01-14-2006 09:27 PM
GM-Feith
Unregistered

i really doubt you were on our first server Icon_eek lol
01-14-2006 09:40 PM
GM-Boomy
Unregistered

ah the old Phoenix server Icon_razz
01-14-2006 10:11 PM
Demny Offline

haha...we were with you guys on the 2nd server Icon_razz It was really fun...I miss the massive chaotic woe we had back then...Good old memories~ One day...this server will get that =D

[Image: herosig20vd.jpg]
01-14-2006 10:11 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

I'm not sure we'll ever get as big as mob Icon_lol Anyway we're aiming at quality over quantity Icon_wink

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
01-14-2006 10:18 PM