Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zee Otaku returns~
Aethereal Offline
Cutie Pie

RE: ??Zee Otaku returns~

Midori-sama Wrote:
Aethereal Wrote:Lol I've been watching anime since I was 5 years old. Though I stay away from the mainstream BS these days. A lot of the new series are really crappy.

Want an anime maid? Try Mahoromatic? Although the artwork isn't anything particularly beautiful or sexy, it's kind of cute. ;o

/is new here
oh yeah, hi. i'm not posting an intro until I know whether or not I'm actually going to stay here. lol.

I see you have an AMV for Mnemosyne? That was one awesome anime.

Mainstream BS? From the anime ive seen Mainstream isnt bad, thats kinda why its mainstream lol for the lesser known anime not all of it good.

for Maid anime there is..

- Mahoromatic
- Hanaukyo Maid-tai
- Hanaukyo Maid-tai: La Verite
- Hanaukyo Maids
- Hand Maid May
- Hand Maid May Special
- He is my Master
- She is my Servant
- Kamen no Maid Guy
- Hand Maid Mai

and a bunch of other ones

Mahoromatic was a cute series, the ending kinda pissed me off and made me sad at the same time though lol really memorable ^ ^~

as for the Mnemosyne one..its not my best but its spiffy

Icon_biggrin

@Tadashi

yep, we helped each other a bit back when he first started

Mainstreamed BS: Bleach, Naruto, Death Note. Death Note I'll admit isn't that bad, but I still think it's overrated. It's nothing but dialogue. Kinda boring. D; Lovely animation though and character designs.

Yes, mainstream anime do tend to be very overrated within the last year or two. =) The lesser known anime are way better. Even that, I wouldn't consider them lesser known really because a lot of people have heard of them or seen them, it's just you wont' find anyone sitting beside you at school or work that has heard of them unless they're an Internet junkie like us because they're only seen what's shown on TV~ :3

Mainstream = Things put in a position to be made popular. Aka, aired on TV, Movies, Video Games. And also... In my opinion the best anime were the ones released back in the 90s / etc, like Evangelion, Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, Sailor Moon, etc. Yeah, they are some really nice newer (within the last decade?) ones like Ouran, Mai Hime, Elfen Lied, Lagann, whatever, etc etc, but you get the point. NARUTO? Come on, please.

The only reason something even becomes mainstream is because they're aired on TV. LOL. A lot of anime aren't aired on TV except in Japan or Anime Network if you're lucky enough to have it. You gotta read about them in magazines or somewhere on the Internet to know what anime are on DVD / or of course go searching on websites like crunchy roll, tv-links, or something.

Cartoon Network sucks ass now. They show the worst anime, especially after losing Toonami. Bleach... it isn't really that bad, the art designs just kinda suck imo - I'm not sure how many episodes it is or anything. And Naruto's just a bunch of fillers. To me they're trying to make Naruto be like Dragon Ball or Sailor Moon (aka they're trying to make anime that has 200+ episodes which is kinda lame nowadays; DB and SM > Naruto). /endrant

The dubbed series, of course. I'm not talking about the ones that aren't even dubbed yet. Lol. I don't watch many subs much anymore and usually the anime popular amongst users on the Internet are different from the anime that are actually 'mainstream'. =o

and of course what's mainstream also depends on where you live D;

It's fine if you disagree, I don't really care. To each his own yeah. =P

I <3 GONZO. /lv

I didn't get to finish Mahoromatic. I was watching it via Netflix DVDs and I couldn't afford to pay the monthly fee, but I agree, it was really cute. =( And it's the only maid anime I've seen. Unless you count Tokyo Mew Mew as maid's, but they weren't maids...they were waitresses. So I guess it wouldn't count. 8D; Cute outfits still though, looked like maids. xD
04-19-2009 06:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Midori-sama Offline
La Divina Tragedia

RE: Zee Otaku returns~

You have interesting thoughts lol

Next time you see me please be sure to add me to your buddies list!
Im usually sitting in pront as..

Midori-Sama
Asagi-Sama
Yggdra Yuril Artwaltz

any of those :3

[Image: gamesbeginsig.jpg]
04-19-2009 08:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

Welcome back Otaku Icon_biggrin

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
04-24-2009 01:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cheesecake Offline
The Tasty Trap

I know more about Anime then you, Midori. >.>

[Image: 35iqbyd.png]
Cheesecake 93/99 SuperNovice | Hell 7x/4x Hybrid Hunter
Milkshake 7x/4x Knight | Lein 7x/4x Priest | Mystia 8x/5x Monk

05-15-2009 08:45 AM