Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Alchemist Stats
Galt Offline
Lurker

Alchemist Stats

Okay, I've had an alch for some time (even programmed every dang mob from RO into my AI just in case), but the problem is mostly on my character's side. What stats should an alchemist focus on? I'll just sort of put down what I think of the stats so far.

STR: Got a little bit to hit some stuff around.
AGI: None, probably going to rely on VIT instead.
VIT: Have a medium amount to increase HP and potion effectiveness
INT: Lots of it.
DEX: Lots of it, but less than INT
LUK: None.

I'm a noob at alchemist. Icon_sad So I have no idea whether I'm doing it right or not.

Randomly materializing within heRO since 2008.

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
04-18-2009 05:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Alexander Offline
Arch Angel

RE: Alchemist Stats

Well, it depends on what kind of alchemist. There's never one build for a class. Personally, I'm a fan of the bolt alchemist - especially since I grew up in the pre-homunc days. High int, high dex, medium vit, no str, no luk, no agi. Use a fireblend / ice falchion , etc.

Ironically enough, this same build works for when you reach creator - and if much like most creators use an AD build, will probably look very similar.

Another option would be to rely on auto-attacks, but that would require high agi for the aspd and good strength. Not really as effective though in my opinion. Never really understood why alchemists get axe mastery when they suck at melee.
04-18-2009 09:58 PM
Galt Offline
Lurker

Well, it looks like you pretty much said the kind of build I wanted. xD

Can you give me a number range when it comes to stats, though?

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
04-18-2009 10:17 PM
Alexander Offline
Arch Angel

For a bolter build...

maybe 110 int and dex (not taking cards / equip into consideration), rest vit? You could probably have lower dex if you wanted. I wouldn't go lower then 70. Int you want to keep high though - especially as creator. Vit is actually pretty unimportant since as a bolter, you won't be going in melee range. Whatever you're killing you should either be able to outrun or have it unable to move ( plants)....or have the homunc tank. Unless you plan to WoE as well...then vit matters more.

FOr an auto attack build, I always do it roughly the same way. Get 20 dex, agi, and strength...pump to 90 BASE agi stopping maybe halfway to get 30 str if some good carded weapons are available...but the base 90 agi is mostly top priority. Then raise up dex to 50, then raise up strength probably most the rest of your life. This may work differently for alchemists since they have a tank at all times, other classes I've played with this method obviously ARE the tank.
04-19-2009 12:07 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Personally, None of the alchemists native skills truely depend on Int for damage. Pharmacy does use it a bit, but??not to the extent of dex and luck.

They have homonculus, ATK based Armor breaking bleed inducing Ranged attack (Acid Terror), Atk based weapon breaking traps (Demonstration), Marine spheres (really fun, but damage done is based on how much HP they have left after you hit them, and when they go boom, they can hit you too),??and the ever popular Plant summons.??On top of that, they have merchant skills, Mammonite and Cart Revolution which both work??off of Physical Attack. On the defensive end, they have Chem protect which can??protect your equipment from getting broken or stripped. (this would be a godsend in a WoE situation, but it has it's uses in certain PVM situations as well)

Sure, it??means you have to go out and farm and make use of your class, and??use the things you would be stockpiling for the thing you??get after you make it to 99, if ever, and go through 45-50 more job levels as a regular merchant. But I still fail to see why people refuse to take advantage of an alchemists skills. Weapon Breaking effect on monsters means they'll have less attack, Armor breaking effect on monsters means they'll have less def.??Bleed is always a fun fun stat to play with be it PVP or PVM.

I favor High str builds with vit to get some healpower out of my potion pitcher. Dex would be moderate, with int to give me my 2nd fuel for Mammo-spam. Extravagant? Yes, Highly Annoying? To everyone, Yes. With this sort of build, I like a homunc that can??dish out damage quickly, or at least keep monsters/players occupied while I attack another target.

Good thing about Ganging up on stuffs with homunc, it looks like it works like normal partying, where each person/thing that hits a monster at least once causes a boost in exp. but you get all of the base exp regardless.

Alchemists today are WAAAAAAAY too conservative until they reach creator.
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2009 02:58 AM by The Legendary Joe.)
04-19-2009 02:56 AM
Alexander Offline
Arch Angel

I'm much lazier then you are, apparently. I was never a fan of having to hunt reagents for five hours that was going to last me five minutes in battle. I think that contributes a lot to why a lot of other people weren't very on board with doing the same. Not to mention every time you use a normal bomb, you're thinking "Damn, that 100 damage ticks could have been a flat 10K AD." =oP

If I had the ridiculous amount of materials to waste and not care, your route does sound fun though. But that's probably never going to happen.
04-19-2009 12:36 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

There's a reason all of those scientists in lighthalzen quests have gone mad =p
04-19-2009 01:31 PM
Galt Offline
Lurker

Thanks for the help guys.

Another thing... how can I tell how well my homunculus is doing? I've seen the number chart at doddler's site, but it doesn't make sense to me... Thinking

04-19-2009 05:40 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Oka Wrote:But I still fail to see why people refuse to take advantage of an alchemists skills. Weapon Breaking effect on monsters means they'll have less attack, Armor breaking effect on monsters means they'll have less def.??Bleed is always a fun fun stat to play with be it PVP or PVM.

Because the very skill you speak of require items that need to be brewed....??and brewing build is the opposite of the build needed to use those skills.??My opinion.??I went STR based for my second alchemist as well...??but I never used any alchemist skills other than Axe Mastery (to help one-shot mammo things).??

EDIT: @Galt. Use rode.doddlercon.com and go to the "Homunculus Calculator"

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2009 07:22 PM by azurerogue.)
04-19-2009 07:21 PM
Galt Offline
Lurker

Thanks very much, azure.

Though, I used it, but my INT and INT-related sections of my Vanilmirth always come out as (Error)...

04-19-2009 07:31 PM