Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A Few Simple Steps to Better Partying
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

A Few Simple Steps to Better Partying

First step in a Party is to know your role:

If you play your class well, that's good. It's a step closer to a successful party. However, know how to support your other team members and keep the party alive. On wiz, I've found Meteor storm is oftentimes safer than SG (as SG pushes monsters away from the tank, causing them to all target you, or closer people), or if someones in trouble, and archers are unavailable for Arrow charge, low level JT spam does the trick if you can't cast lvl 10 fast enough. Many a time I've seen other Wizards run WAY ahead of the tank, and out of bragi, only to end up luring an unmanageable mob back to the group, unable to cast thanks to bragi running out.

2nd, and most important IMHO is COMMUNICATION

No good party can function without communication. You need to listen to everyone else, just as much as they need to listen to you. as hillarious as some of the outcomes of failiure to comunicate, although hilarious, usually tend to wind up with dead people, or party wipe. Sure it may be something as simple as asking priests for buffs if they miss you. Other times, it could be a warning of upcoming mobs. Sometimes it's to instruct new people. Noobs need to listen even harder and ask questions to learn how to do stuff. It may be their first time or don't have much experience with these sorta fancy parties after grinding to 99 on noobis or Mavka.

3rd, lighten up and have fun

Nobody likes PVP or WoE when it's seriously serious, same goes for PVM and MVPs. It can be fun if you let it. I find it's harder to play my class's role when I'm all uptight and crap. Granted, there must always be some level of seriousness to keep the party competent, but still, enjoy yourself
04-19-2009 03:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sakurato Away
Full Support Copycat

RE: A Few Simple Steps to Better Partying

Summary:

Don't noob. :D

Kohana|Sinx
Euphorie|Champ
Sonatina|Gypsy
Sakurato|High Priest
Nozomi|Whitesmith
Sakura|Professor
Frejya|Sniper
Ayami|Creator
Anei|Stalker
Fumiko|High Wizard
04-19-2009 05:23 AM
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

Welcome back Joe No1

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
04-19-2009 10:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wallee Offline

PS: thats why SN are better than wiz in Necro. singletarget bolt does a better job alltogether than area of effect SG that scatter all the mobs around.
04-19-2009 10:57 AM