Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question About double client
Moonito Offline
Take a taste of my Books! :P

Question About double client

Well... the thing is... I have a desktop computer and a notebook. They are connecter to the internet through a Wireless router (linksys) and... I dont know if, as being connected to the same router, when the GMs see that, they see differents IPs or the same.... Cause I play with my little brother (usually, I play at the desktop and my bro at the notebook)... And I dont wanna have problems with GMs for this "double client" thing... So... will I have some kind of problems if I do this connection? (the notebook and desktop connected to the same router and, of course, the same ISP.)

Hope you understand me Icon_razz

MoonyP (Battle Sage lvl 8x .... [yes, a Battle sage.. you're not getting blind xD])
Moonito (alchemist lvl 9x)
Potero (alchemist (pots) lvl 8x....)
Vanilmirth (vanil lvl 7x [I put it like a character cuase it does much more than my 2 alches together Icon_razz])
04-24-2009 08:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE: Question About double client

If you are personally connected to both, it's illegal. If it's you and your brother, even on the same IP Address, it's fine. I would advise you two to steer clear of anything that even LOOKS like dual clienting, though, to be safe (ie. if you're leveling together, don't ever ever EVER go AFK - because if one of you doesn't respond to a GM on you're both on the same IP Address you're probably going to get banned for dual clienting). Two people at two computers is allowed, but since the GMs can't put spy cameras in your house (well, Aki probably could...but...) if you appear to be dual clienting you'll be treated as dual clienting - so just be careful.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
04-24-2009 08:56 AM
Moonito Offline

Ohh... Thanks Icon_biggrin... I'll have to be careful with Gm aki then... xD.. (no cameras plz!) XDXDXD

So... I can play with my bro without worries now Icon_razz

now that i got your attention xD...another question XD

In one computer... I know that you can do @autotrade and play with another acc but... can you do double @autotrade (in case you have lots of items to sell xD) and play in that same computer?

MoonyP (Battle Sage lvl 8x .... [yes, a Battle sage.. you're not getting blind xD])
Vanilmirth (vanil lvl 7x [I put it like a character cuase it does much more than my 2 alches together Icon_razz])
04-24-2009 10:28 AM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Yes, but the Auto Trading merchants have to be on different accounts (since the auto trade closes if you try to log back into the account).

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
04-24-2009 10:33 AM
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

Icon_twisted Stop telling all my secrets Albus...

As Albus mentioned Moonito, you have to have 1 person playing for each pc with an open client.

As for autotrade, Albus did well again. The merchant has to be on another account as the command @autotrade or @at pretty much gives the job to the server to maintain the shop. If you log on the account in question, it will disconnect your shop and you have to log once more to get on a char.

If you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask.

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
04-24-2009 12:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

oh just one minor clarification on what albus said...aki doesn't install hidden spy cams in your house, rather little midget ninjas are always there lurking in the shadows ready to alert their master of these evil misgivings Icon_twisted
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2009 02:03 PM by Frogboy.)
04-24-2009 02:03 PM
Moonito Offline

ahhh... if thats the case, its ok Icon_biggrin

Thanks Icon_biggrin

04-24-2009 02:05 PM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

Most routers in a home give different IP to different computers in the home to differentiate between Devices on its network, but I'm not sure what IP GM-side sees, because essentially your ISP IP is 1 per home (and branches out per devices like a router to your computers)

If its the 192.x.x.x number or such thats your router assigned number, if its a xx.x.x.x with two #s at the start thats usually the ISP IP and is pretty much set

Could someone clarify / confirm?

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
04-24-2009 03:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Huntress Offline
Mad Trapper

Internal network IP (LAN) are internal and do not show up externally, only the ISP IP (WAN) shows up.

Huntress 99/70 Sniper ~ Tiya 99/70 High Wizard
[Image: sigsniper9us3.jpg]
04-24-2009 04:40 PM