Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Noticeable new anime?
Riverl Offline
Poring knight :3

Noticeable new anime?

Thinking every season, a lot of anime get aired, subbed/dubbed, and released
Many of them are good experience, or at least interesting, but many of them also aren't that good.
Since its impossible to check out everything by one self, I think this kind of topic would be useful
Which new anime is noticeable?
By noticeable, it mean both good/interesting/must watch Kissy and crap-stay-away ones Mad Those that may be radical (suitable for a group but completely unacceptable to another group of viewer) are noticeable too
New mean at least within 1 year or 1,5 year (is this range okay? I wonder Thinking )

On to this season list:
Tear to Tiara: good fight scene so far, interesting main character, however harem hater stay away (almost one girl per episode). Fantasy, action, supernatural, comedy, harem and main-guy-is-a-demon-king. Also features a sis-con side kick (should turn co-o main character near the end)
Basquash!: Mech and sport, interesting so far, but nothing special to mention, genres: mecha, sport, romance, comedy
Full Metal Alchemist 2nd or FMA: brotherhood : remake of the successful series, this time follow the manga more closely
Asura Cryin': mech anime, seem interesting, at least the female cast. Mecha, comedy, harem, sci-fi

Last season/ongoing:
Koukaku no Regios or Chrome shelled Regios: the animation is unimpressive, but I like it somehow... Harem (?), fantasy, sci-fi, comedy, action
Toaru Majutsu no Index or A certain Magical Index: Has a preachy main char, and the main girl isnt only the tittle girl, but somehow I like the main char so much from the manga it drove me to download this anime. Fantasy, preachy-scifi (you have been warned, it preach more than act), action (not very action pack), harem, comedy, romance
Maria Holic: I hate Yuri or Yaoi (Lesbian and Gay, to be more frank) and their less intense version shoujo-ai and shounen-ai, but this show is just too hilarious I dont mind the main char (female) being a lesbian at all :3, lotta nonsense to laugh about. Comedy, ecchi, romance (or is it?)
Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou: watching comedy, action and ecchi is all fine by me, but I cant just watch those, surprisingly, I love slices of life a lot, and this is one of the better slices of life out there. Genres are: slices of life, comedy, romance(?), supernatural. THIS IS A SEQUEL, the prequel is just Natsume Yuujinchou

[Image: 02bwaeu8.png]
Poring obsessed knight 87/54
Poring dancing on a stick 72/??
All hail da porings X3
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2009 09:09 AM by Riverl.)
04-24-2009 09:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Galt Offline
Lurker

RE: Noticeable new anime?

There wasn't a lot of stuff I liked this season of new anime. xD

Randomly materializing within heRO since 2008.

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
04-24-2009 07:34 PM
Altaire Offline
zzzz

Omg there's a remake of FMA? O.O!! I had no idea xD

Altaire-High wizard | Sabine-Sniper | Shenkena-High Priestess
04-25-2009 10:07 PM
danny-kins Offline
Meteorologist Intern

Ah... following the set-up from above...

Eden of the East: (from the current season) Interesting premise and characters. May not like it as much if you don't enjoy slower-paced mystery-styled shows or shows that raise more questions than answer them. Personally, it's my favorite show this season. Icon_smile Currently released three episodes.

[Image: at4ej96]
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2009 12:03 AM by danny-kins.)
04-25-2009 11:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Riverl Offline

Yes, there is a remade FMA, so far so great, but the Cornello episode (where they first met Rose) doesn't feel as good as the old one.

All hail da porings X3
04-26-2009 04:27 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

New anime that is noticable still gets made o.O
I don't mean this to be rude really but yah, I haven't seen much good NEWER anime these past years. Anime movies are an exception to this.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
04-26-2009 10:16 AM
Riverl Offline

Noticeable mean either potentially good, or so bad you should avoid, or interesting. What you are talking is about finished and confirmed to be good series.

On that topic of good anime Thinking
I've seen many series, from as old as the first Gundam anime (0079, the original) and Doraemon to the newer S.C.R.Y.E.D and I My Me Strawberry Eggs to the newest ones like Tear to Tiara, Basquash!! or Maria Holic
Its not like old animes were all good, heh. They were said to be good because there are *bad* one for them to be compared to.
You find a lot of old animes to be good because they were filtered, only the good ones are the ones that kept being recommended or mentioned, and still have seed/download/dVD or CD for sale.
The bad ones were normally left out along the road.

New animes, because they havent been filtered out and you are the one who has to watch and filter them yourself, will always seem to have too many crappy one.

Still
Good animes are still being pumped out, only one in a while, but they exist, although the rest were mostly bad, admittedly.
If you are into robot, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is one example of good anime, it accomplished what a super robot show was supposed to be, hot blood and over the top, plus intense action. Its a bit over hyped, but its definitely a great show to those appreciate its genre
If you are into slices of life, Natsume Yuujinchou is nice, its not the greatest out there, but its good, and there's not that many anime of this genre.
Code Geass is also a good one, although I hate its direction

In contrast:
Gundam Wing, pretty old, is also pretty sucky, its only famous because its about the first Gundam that the Western watcher got, and has a lot of Yaoi-fan girl base.
Melody of Oblivion, around 4-5 years ago or more, has a stupid-confusing script, and only good for the LOL moment.
Love Hina the Tv-series anime wasnt that great compare to the other harem anime. Its well-known because its a classic.
Detective Conan is overly long and repeative, so is Inuyasha Mad

All hail da porings X3
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2009 02:13 AM by Riverl.)
04-27-2009 02:06 AM
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

K-ON : anime about light music club
almost no boys in this anime. it's about girls life on light music club.
genre: school live, comedy, music
05-19-2009 01:56 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Actually, I blame a huge lot of the bad anime we get partially on people not buying anime to begin with.??There are way too many pirates on anime and thus the people buying are getting more of what they want.??Sadly they are mostly girls with yaoi fetishes or loli fanboys Icon_razz

PS: I'm probably biased, and its not much different for manga which I've become a bigger fan of as time goes on.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2009 08:32 AM by Aaronock.)
05-19-2009 08:31 AM
Wallee Offline

RE:??Noticeable new anime?

Shinigami l0_0l Wrote:K-ON : anime about light music club
almost no boys in this anime. it's about girls life on light music club.
genre: school live, comedy, music

K-ON is surprisingly Light and good .Could be compared to a mix of beck*3/genshiken*2/azumanga daioh*1 lol

4 girls*(1) joining a school club(*2) creating a band (*3)
05-19-2009 09:07 AM