Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Emulator Help plz
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Emulator Help plz

i say panda should declare the server a non-profit organization lol so all us US citizens could get a tax write-off for donating to the server XD
05-07-2009 08:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Goop2 Offline

That wouldn't work unless a percentage went to some wonderful cause, like encasing California in a giant icecube to prevent global warming or something.

[Image: abortion.png]
05-07-2009 09:04 PM
Galt Offline
Lurker

On another note, do emulators even work effectively?

I want to use a PS2 emulator for my PC, but I'm not sure if it works (Vista x32 system).

-wanna play Zone of the Enders but too cheap to buy the game itself though plans on doing so this xmas-

Randomly materializing within heRO since 2008.

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
05-07-2009 09:21 PM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

no, placing us in a giant ice cube would only speed up the second ice age that is bound to happen due to global warming.

edit: an NPO is a tax write-off regardless of if it is going for a good cause or not, non-profit just means that no one is making money off this investment, that all resources are being used up 100% in which case they are in order to provide connection to the server.

edit @galt: ps2 emulators are from the last i have seen not working 100% they will play some stuff, but at extremely slow speeds on even the fastest of computers. the original playstation emulators are working nearly 100% though.
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2009 09:29 PM by Frogboy.)
05-07-2009 09:21 PM
Vile Offline
One Day...

RE:??Emulator Help plz

Galt Wrote:On another note, do emulators even work effectively?

Many emulators work very well (usually older consoles), some even much faster than the original game intended for it to run o.o.

Sadly there is no decent emulator for any non-portable consoles around PS2 age and younger.

Edit: Well, I haven't tried Gamecube or Xbox in quite some time, but I would assume they still aren't too great.

[Image: darkjoker.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2009 10:42 PM by Vile.)
05-07-2009 09:53 PM
Goop2 Offline

RE: ??Emulator Help plz

Vile Wrote:Sadly there is no decent emulator for any non-portable consoles around PS2 age and older.

Edit: Well, I haven't tried Gamecube or Xbox in quite some time, but I would assume they still aren't too great.

You mean newer I do hope. There are several fantastic emulators for older systems, some of them perfect emulations of the actual hardware, including speakers. Nestopia for example.
PS2 emulators I'm not familiar with, but I did try a certain popular PSX emulator and it was quite stable.

Also, just to tip you off, Microsoft actually based the xBlock off the Mac Pro. That may be a good lead.

05-07-2009 10:26 PM
Vile Offline
One Day...

Err woops. Yeah I meant newer, heh.

[Image: darkjoker.jpg]
05-07-2009 10:43 PM
Snejk Offline

Regarding the question #2 in first post, ePSXe supports everything(you just need the right plugins).

And Xbox was also slightly based off Dreamcast(especially with net support... and the painful controller <.<)
05-08-2009 07:01 AM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

There is a fairly decent Gamecube Emulator project, however I think work on it was dropped due to lack of resources / funding

Its a pity too cause it could actually play some things.

(Ahh I hoped that one day I could play Skies of Arcadia Legends on my PC -_- - Yush I bought it)

Dolphin is your best bet for GC, There was an epsxe2 for ps2 but it ran extremely slowly last i ever tried it (was running a game disc on it)

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2009 04:11 PM by Motenai_Ronin.)
05-08-2009 04:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Goop2 Offline

I had a PS2 emulator that didn't work half bad, but I'm not sure what Pandora's ruling on emulator talk is, so I'm not going to name it yet.

Whatever the case, anything more than a Sega Genesis, NES, and Snes emulator is plain overkill ;P

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2009 10:34 PM by Goop2.)
05-08-2009 10:33 PM