Nya Nya Crew - ¥†‡ Hero's #1 Social Non Woe Guild ‡†¥
05-03-2009 02:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Riverl Offline
Poring knight :3

RE: 3rd new Jobs in RO!

New classes are supposed to be able to overpower all current class
So what? It will be stupid if they dont
Because they are 3rd class, much more advance than 2nd classes, unlike slinger, taekwon or ninja, which are extended classes and would break the game if they overpower the older classes
You are supposed to be a somewhat insanely player to beat a knight (almost mission impossible again LK) with swordman (even high swordman), just because that's 1st class vs 2nd class
It should be the same for 2nd (even trans) vs 3rd. There's a reason monsters that break the lv 99 limit will be introduced to challenge the 3rd classes, and leveling to 99/70 trans was supposed to be made easier (seems like its the equivalent of current 70s bracket)
Now whether there is imbalance between the 3rd classes themselves is a different matter altogether that need testing, and before that they need to be all fully released too.

So, Imbalance? Woot? I dont think SinX beating Guillotine Cross would be balance...

And its not like current classes are balance anyway...

And no, TK wont get a rebirth class, cus the poring cursed em Icon_twisted

[Image: 02bwaeu8.png]
Poring obsessed knight 87/54
Poring dancing on a stick 72/??
All hail da porings X3
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2009 12:03 PM by Riverl.)
05-04-2009 11:56 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

They actually are most people just don't think so ;o
Its just RO is very limiting on what is really great in woe build wise and some such, I believe renewal is their attempt to allow more variety.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
05-04-2009 12:08 PM
Former-GM-Mass Offline
Banned

RE:??3rd new Jobs in RO!

Aaronock Wrote:They actually are most people just don't think so ;o
Its just RO is very limiting on what is really great in woe build wise and some such, I believe renewal is their attempt to allow more variety.

And that's why I'm so excited about the renewal. Love
05-04-2009 01:15 PM
Riverl Offline

yes, seem vit and damage stat arent the king of builds anymore
even luk seem a bit more desirable now.
and no moar unbeatable IC high wizzies Muwahahaha Evil
Time for my weird-ass build to shine RAWRRR >:3

Still, I think outside of WOE, the classes arent as balance, some classes are more well equipped to handle the situations that can get thrown at them. Sure, other class can do the same given enough effort and zenies invested, but the fact remain is that in solo fight and PVE/MVP, some classes have it much easier.

And...
In most game, a knight in a party will get yelled at for not tanking
In RO I get yelled at for trying to tank T3T
feel useless in mid-high MVPing
I'll poring cursed you range and magic users *go cry on a poring* Cry

All hail da porings X3
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2009 03:38 PM by Riverl.)
05-04-2009 03:36 PM
Mister Reinn Offline
Newest Vanilover

Well, The Shadow Chaser still looks like a Pimp.

[Image: Assinatura.gif]
Smirnoff - 80/50 Priest
Reinn - 8x/50 Assassin
Bram Stalker - 9x/50 Rogue
DigaSmith - 67/2x Blacksmith
Durande - 7x/3x Alchemist
JellyBob the II - 5x Vanilmirth

Quote:Sister Elizabeth :Main: When I play Pokemon, I name all of my Pokemon "Masturbate"
Sister Elizabeth :Main: "Go! Masturbate!"
05-07-2009 07:58 AM
Little Sara Offline

Riverl Wrote:yes, seem vit and damage stat arent the king of builds anymore
even luk seem a bit more desirable now.
and no moar unbeatable IC high wizzies Muwahahaha Evil
Time for my weird-ass build to shine RAWRRR >:3

Still, I think outside of WOE, the classes arent as balance, some classes are more well equipped to handle the situations that can get thrown at them. Sure, other class can do the same given enough effort and zenies invested, but the fact remain is that in solo fight and PVE/MVP, some classes have it much easier.

And...
In most game, a knight in a party will get yelled at for not tanking
In RO I get yelled at for trying to tank T3T
feel useless in mid-high MVPing
I'll poring cursed you range and magic users *go cry on a poring* Cry

BIG wall of text.

They will make quad-carded weapons useless since they will now separate StatusAtk from WeaponAtk, and so far, only Racial Crit, Mobster and The Paper affect StatusAtk - all +20% cards only affect WeaponAtk.

Who wants a +80% damage 45 attack main gauche (81 attack total) instead of a stiletto that already has more without cards, or a grimtooth.

4-slotted weapons will be useful for status-inflicting/special effects (metaling) or raising critical or other secondary stats.

Criticals get buffed (+40% damage, still bypasses all defense). Luck gets better. Aspd % get killed for the most (only cards will keep %). Diminishing return on getting both high agi and high dex for aspd (if you get say, 15 aspd from agi and 9 aspd from dex, you really get 18 aspd for both together instead - still more than only agi, but far from 24).

Aspd cap increases to 193.
Level cap increases to 150 (so far, only for 3rd class, not for extended, not for 2nd or 2nd advanced).
Max base stat increases to 120.
Status immunity through stats is no longer possible (cards and equips can still do it).
Levels affect ability to hit, damage dealt and damage received.
Exp is also affected by level difference.
Drops chance is not affected by level difference however.

Ie If you can't MVP that level 70 boss, wait until you're level 130 and try again, you'll have a flee, hit, defense and damage advantage even beyond the stat difference.

+10 levels gives a bonus -10 levels gives a penalty (stats, not exp).

Exp is more lenient and the absolute minimum exp you can get from a mob is 10% of original amount. Say: 14,000 from Anubis instead of 140,000. You get a bonus for fighting mobs above you, but you'll have penalties on hit, flee, and damage, so the bonus sort of cancels itself out.

Most classes will be able to survive mobs of their own level.
Generally monsters have reduced HP from before.

Stats functionality has changed:

Strength/Dexterity (depends on melee or ranged) no longer gives exponential returns on investment every 10 points. It become linear (so its not worth reaching 120 STR usually, unless for weight limit or not having other stats needed).

Strength buffs status attack and status defense (only slightly for the latter)

Agility still gives flee and aspd. Slightly less than before.

Vitality still gives +% HP, not sure if it still buffs recovery HP items. It buffs status defense mostly.

Intelligence still gives +% SP, it also boosts status Matk, not sure if it still buffs recovery SP items. It also now reduces cast (slightly less than DEX does).

Dexterity still gives Hit. It also boosts status attack every few points. It reduces cast the most, slightly more than INT. Dexterity gives more aspd than before somewhat. It also is like strength for status attack for ranged weapons.

Luck still gives Crit and Perfect dodge at the same rates. It also gives flee (1/7), hit (1/7), status attack (1/3) though.

Resisting Stun formula from Doddler:

4,000 milli-seconds - (Base Level * 4 ms) - (Vitality * 10 ms) - (Luck *5 ms)

At level 150, with 150 total VIT and 150 total LUK, you will still have a duration of:

150*5 = 600
150*10 = 1500
150*5 = 750

4000-2850 = 1150 milli-seconds stun, or 1.15 second duration.

Other status formulas are currently unknown. Poison becomes more useful (can't just become immune to the status as easily - Argiope prevents element, not status also).

Rods and other weapons used by Matk classes (rod, book, staff, special dagger or sword etc) now give equip Matk instead of equip atk (physical).

Weaponless mages/priests etc who rely on Matk are about half as strong as with weapon, so strip is now effective for weapon, on them.

Heal now relies on Matk. Backstab can stun 25% chance at max level.

Unreduceable cast used to be too slow, but its been balanced since and it sounds okay from what Doddler says now.

I guess you can tell I've read dozens and dozens of thread pages from kRO Renewal's forum on iRO wiki.

Skill modifications are too early to know, but Sonic Blow + EDP + Soul Link gets nerfed. EDP + skill at all gets nerfed, to +400% damage instead of *400%.

Crit Guillotine Cross will become popular like in the old days...but with some actual power (some of the new skills are VERY nice) unlike in the old days.

Those who made a Assassin Cross only for EDP + SB will regret it. Those who built only on Soul Breaker/Destroyer will also regret it, since it gets nerfed badly.

So far Ranger gets no new Falcon skill, all are Warg or general bow/trap skills. I sort of like the Falcon personally.

Little Sara 87/50 Assassin
PM me if you want to contact me, will more likely be replying than in-game (not always on Assassin).

[Image: 73962.jpg]
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2009 09:22 PM by Little Sara.)
05-12-2009 09:19 PM
Cheesecake Offline
The Tasty Trap

And yet again SN get the shit end of the stick.

[Image: 35iqbyd.png]
Cheesecake 93/99 SuperNovice | Hell 7x/4x Hybrid Hunter
Milkshake 7x/4x Knight | Lein 7x/4x Priest | Mystia 8x/5x Monk

05-12-2009 09:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Riverl Offline

Well, according to Doddler: weapon attack and weapon level are important now: the damage is calculated with 1.5x str + weapon damage x weapon level modifier or something like that
yes, quad cards is now useless, since beside low base attack power, you will get shitty level modifier anyway, but not because no one want weapon damage.
With Status attack is no longer exponential and the main source of damage, actually now everyone want weapon damage, as high as possible, on lv 4 weapon if possible too. 200 attack lv 4 weapon with slots probably will be the king of the hill, followed behind by lv 4 weapons with nice effect
% atsp modifying skill turn into flat asp modify, I remember people saying its the same for card, but not sure.
armor defend also become more useful too, or so it seem, which seem to be an attemp to boost plate class potential.

All hail da porings X3
05-12-2009 10:44 PM
Little Sara Offline

Riverl Wrote:Well, according to Doddler: weapon attack and weapon level are important now: the damage is calculated with 1.5x str + weapon damage x weapon level modifier or something like that
yes, quad cards is now useless, since beside low base attack power, you will get shitty level modifier anyway, but not because no one want weapon damage.
With Status attack is no longer exponential and the main source of damage, actually now everyone want weapon damage, as high as possible, on lv 4 weapon if possible too. 200 attack lv 4 weapon with slots probably will be the king of the hill, followed behind by lv 4 weapons with nice effect
% atsp modifying skill turn into flat asp modify, I remember people saying its the same for card, but not sure.
armor defend also become more useful too, or so it seem, which seem to be an attemp to boost plate class potential.

Hard def becomes all soft def.

Instead of having 50+60 that does -50% -60 damage
You have status def + equip def that reduces by amount.
It will be impossible to go and block 95% of damage like now with armor.

Assumptio becomes 2x all def instead of -50% damage. And yes crits bypass it.

Berserk, Two-Hand Quicken, One-hand Quicken, Spear-Quicken, Adrenaline Rush, Concentration/Awakening/Berserk potions all become flat rates.

The potions apparently give a better effect the higher the total agi/dex stat is at. Basically you get an increased return on benefit on aspd somewhat. 1 agi 190 aspd will no longer be possible.

Doppelganger becomes -10% attack delay.
Cecil Demon stays -5% attack delay.

Double dagger/weapon is nerfed badly. They are a LOT slower than katars or one-weapon only (one-dagger) builds now. Like 8 aspd slower for the same agi/dex.

Infiltrator[1] is the weapon most have used to test on test server for katars. I personally prefer the 4 elemental [3] katars. They have lower attack (105, Infiltrator is 140), but their upgrade modifier as well as the 3 card slots can make up for it. Infiltrator will probably be the superior PvP weapon though, because of its demi-human bonus.

Natural crit builds with over 100% crit (before crit shield reduction, which are higher in pvm than pvp currently) and high str and high agi and decent dex will become possible.

A mage build with maxed INT, maxed DEX and maxed AGI will be possible (better after-cast delay).

The max stats at level 150 would be 120/120/120/24 or so. You could also get 4 to reach 100, as in 100/100/100/100. Since IC would no longer be possible, 120 DEX base might not be needed. INT is also no longer exponential, and no longer min/max matk. It is a fixed rate.

Maybe the best build for a Warlock would be 100 INT 100 DEX 100 VIT 100 LUK or something along those lines. Many builds could take advantage of cards like Giant Whisper (gives 3 bonuses if each stat reaches 80).

Little Sara 87/50 Assassin
PM me if you want to contact me, will more likely be replying than in-game (not always on Assassin).

[Image: 73962.jpg]
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
05-12-2009 11:09 PM