Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Safety Wall...
F.x Offline
Bob Lawblaw's Law Blog

Safety Wall...

for a Wiz to sacrifice something for Safety Wall, is it wroth it?

in general HOW useful is safety wall, i know that when u mob at let say Rachel Sanc it can be handy.

for a Wiz to get safety other skills may need to be lower so there are enough points for SW and its requirements.

is safety wall better to have for a Wiz than for example maxed lvl FW, or meteor storm. (those are the ones i'd sacrifice for SW)

i want to see your opinion so i can make a better decision on my WizNo1

Fanimus             - Whitesmith
Clowning Around - Clown
05-09-2009 10:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Safety Wall...

as far as i'm aware there's not really any high end earth elemental mobs that'd be worth having MS or FW for.

most anything you'd want to kill for pvm can be done with either SG or LoV or a combination of both.

examples would be going to nameless and using SG for crowd control as undead cannot be frozen. also you could go to ice dungeon and do mobbing there with LoV and Ice Wall, though i'd imagine it'd be better to be in a party setting with someone who could actually tank a huge mob (HP comes to mind).

basically any enemies you can't freeze can be taken care of by LoV or SG because they're either water elemental and freeze will not affect them, or they're undead and freeze again will not affect them.

it's up to you if you really want safety wall though, otherwise, keep MS for whatever you see fit. it's usually more a matter of playing style as to what skills people use and don't use.
05-10-2009 02:40 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

decision varies depending on who you party with, or depending on guild that you are part of. Because safety wall is also shared by sage and priest, it makes it a unique situation where you may want to give up safety wall to do what is unique to only your class. However, safety wall does come in many usages, while spells like Lord of Vermillion, Meteor Storm (not too mob that SG cannot handle but MS can, and in woe, you only MS if there's already sufficient SG coverage first) are not nearly as flexible.

Personally, if you have firewall, you do not get safety wall. However, Firewall makes pvm life *much* easier if you are soloing, while safety wall isn't nearly as good in solo situations even though both of them are to protect yourself so monster cannot interfere your cast. Safety wall lets you "do something" to support teammates though even against an enemy that's spell immune or very high mdef, while fire wall being used to safe teammate is very rare. Safety Wall can assist in mvping, while clever usage of firewall can kill mvp (refer to the super popular "firewall kills RSX" youtube video). Firewall is far more useless in woe than safety wall, but firewall got amazing things to really help you mob monsters too.

05-10-2009 03:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Galt Offline
Lurker

And let's not forget that Safety Wall needs bgems, too... so it makes it somewhat of a burden for PvM unless you're willing to lug around some gems with you.

Randomly materializing within heRO since 2008.

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
05-10-2009 03:36 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

1% death prevented vs 1 blue gemstone, I don't see why it's problematic at all. We carry spare fly wing all the time even if it has weight, so I don't see anything wrong.

And when you are planning to do high level pvm or woe, you expect to use it and will plan out your character's weight appropriately. Even priest or wizard gets 10 str for reasons at times: for stuff like this.

05-10-2009 04:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

I suppose one of the reasons I'm biased towards safety wall is because I've always gotten to frustrated during the learning process and never actually suceeded at vertical firewalling when I really needed it.
05-10-2009 10:15 AM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

the only skill you need to get to 99 is storm gust anyway. just worry about this when you are trans.

safetywall is crucial for pvp/woe and i would say pretty important for a high wiz.
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2009 06:06 PM by teOx.)
05-10-2009 06:05 PM
Sepharius Offline
:3

RE:??Safety Wall...

teOx Wrote:the only skill you need to get maxed is storm gust anyway. just worry about this when you are trans.

Fixed. xP

[Image: chibiscorp.jpg]
Want Third class sprites? Click here!
05-10-2009 06:38 PM
F.x Offline
Bob Lawblaw's Law Blog

RE:??Safety Wall...

The Legendary Joe Wrote:I suppose one of the reasons I'm biased towards safety wall is because I've always gotten to frustrated during the learning process and never actually suceeded??at vertical firewalling when I really needed it.

yeah...i can never get the hang of VFW...so im seriously considering SW.

in skill simulator i can have lvl 1 FW after getting safetywall, so i think that enough for emergencies

Great advice guys thanx a lotNo1

Fanimus             - Whitesmith
Clowning Around - Clown
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2009 02:15 PM by F.x.)
05-11-2009 02:15 PM