Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
vending map
strikeout02 Offline
Head Butler!

vending map

Ok so from what i can tell we've been having probs with venders, so i thought why not add a vender map. I know it might not be possible im only suggesting it, the map could be accesses though the warper npc. This would also cut down on venders getting baned. So what does everyone else think and more importanly what do the GMs think

[Image: 181572727e83fcem3.jpg]
05-12-2009 10:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

RE: vending map

It's been brought up many times before, and rejected each time by the GMs.

Apparently, it is better to have the merchants where people spawn, and so people don't have to go out of their way to visit the stores.

Can't say I agree with that, though. *would love a vending map. >:*

Inasad
stop doing dickers
05-12-2009 11:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

I don't see how one map would make it any easier to pick out an individual shop out of 365972365234597234529675973298 X π^64 autotrading vendors than what we have in prontera, and the few tool shop ripoff vendors around in towns across the RO world.

the main town would be practically empty, and pront would be a ghost town with the exception of the Zombie Pront Rotters who do nothing but AFK and/or Chat in town. Most people would simply go about their business; which in pront, is basically job change or platinum skills, and after that, you're basically done with the exception of Light/Dark stuffs and Reset.

It'd just be another town. The vendors make the "Main" town that much more lively. (even if they're silent while they browse through the zillions of shops).

I see no reason at all to Exile the auto-traders to a single map.
05-12-2009 11:22 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

I think it's been discussed a bit before and GM-Pandora said that so far, there's no plans for a vending map. Everything about vending in Prontera or the few merchants in the other cities are pretty fine besides for like a daily arrest because people just LOVE to cover up the banker.

05-12-2009 11:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

what about possibly limiting how many vendors are set up in each town. granted that's not exactly useful or convenient, but the overcrowding is a bit much, and for a fair amount of people that do need to for whatever reason travel through pront, they're lagged quite a lot by the sheer number of autotraders.

i'm wondering if it'd be possible to somehow limit the number of autotraders per town, obviously allowing the bigger cities more autotraders as they have the space for it.
05-13-2009 12:14 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

Joe; It would reduce the lag that a bunch of us get coming into Pront.

Lag in Pront seems to be rampant for a number of people lately.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
05-13-2009 12:14 AM
Sepharius Offline
:3

Personally, if you have lag problems in RO graphically, you need to upgrade your computer. But that's just my opinion.

Joe pretty much summed it up; having a vending map would only make finding a specific merchant that much worse (I played on a server with a vending map, its horribly laggy beyond belief).

[Image: chibiscorp.jpg]
Want Third class sprites? Click here!
05-13-2009 12:26 AM
JJJ Offline
JJJ

/swt solution to stupid vender lag, some of the venders could try moving south instead of crowding all in that one area..........

PS: to those that will say "i want my shop to be seen" all the shops to the side of the first row usually are impossible to see

[Image: SignatureVersion22.png][Image: Liffinished-1-1.png]
I Love To Help So If You Ever Need Something Feel Free To PM Me ^_^
05-13-2009 12:32 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

I'm pretty sure most of KoL hasn't suddenly all down-graded their graphics, Caffran.

Past few days, we've all been getting lag especially while coming into Pront, and people have also been mentioning it on main.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
05-13-2009 12:41 AM
Sepharius Offline
:3

RE:??vending map

Ellie Wrote:I'm pretty sure most of KoL hasn't suddenly all down-graded their graphics, Caffran.

Past few days, we've all been getting lag especially while coming into Pront, and people have also been mentioning it on main.

My guess is that the number of vendors on screen when you warp into Prontera has increased (due to the increasing number of people who want to have their shop seen).

[Image: chibiscorp.jpg]
Want Third class sprites? Click here!
05-13-2009 12:52 AM