• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Suggestions
ShinDatenshi Offline
Shinaki's Master

Threads: 5
Some Suggestions
Hi, here will become my suggestions post Icon_biggrin

# Suggestion 1 : The Mail Npc or the @mail command
Many origins play at heRO and the jetlag make a difficulty in the trade or the chat. You can resolve this problem whith the Mail system maybe ? A mail NPC or the @mail command can resolve it.

# Suggestion 2 : @pc item_name or @whosell item_name command
All around the heRO world we can see a lot of shops. And we are always in difficulty when we wanna an accurate item ! Two commands existe for resolve this problem : @pc or @whosell, each show where we can find this item, and maybe the name of the seller. Then, we can search the seller in prontera or in the vending map (suggestion of strikeout02).

# Suggestion 3 : The heRO point

The heRO point is a exchange system. We can gain a heRO or a lot of heRO point in event or when we killed a Mvp or again when we unlock a town/donjon. This point can be exchange at the heRO point NPC against rare items or colored items. For exemple : a red feather berret (i want it xD), or per items evil wing or another...

EDIT : The colored items can make only if the players have the basic item of course !

EDIT 2 : It's a transformation and not an exchange for the colored item.
[Image: shinro.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2009, 03:08 PM by ShinDatenshi.)
05-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Find Reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Threads: 485
RE: Some Suggestions
Thanks for the suggestion, but we have thought about most of these before, yet declined (or still pending, like @whosell) because of the following reasons:

a) refer to history of eA on all the "potential, not very understood but supposedly there yet not replicable for some reason" zeny dubbing trick. We'll take the better safe than sorry approach.

b) think this one is beaten down to death already... @whosell effectively kills competitions OR make all prices stagnant. Now you go "@whosell oh elunium see everyone else sells it at 50k, so i'm totally not ripping you off selling it at 50k too" (case of stagnant prices). The other extreme is "@whosell gosh darn it that other guy is selling at 50k *lowers to 40k to steal business*" and then the next guy repeats the same thing and it keeps going lower and lower, so now the consumers got the sword against the seller to say "lower price or else I will easily buy from that other guy instead, command proves it."

"Just don't make it list prices then"

You still have to deal with killing off sales as a result of "unintentional shopping" (compulsive shopping).

Let's say I want to buy elunium, but none of the stores seem to list "elunium" in shop title, so i have to click one by one to find out, which may seem like a drag. Say I have 4 mils on me. Then when I come out to a shop, I magically see oridecon for sale at only 5k, so I buy that as well as what I originally intend to buy. @whosell I would've dive bombed the shop with elunium, and move on without buying other things. Sometimes this works in the seller's favor too. You have some "overpriced items" lying around, and occassionally someone who totally doesn't have the intention to buy that item while trying to find someone else, stumbles upon your shop and gets trapped by compulsive shopping.

@whosell isn't totally one sided "obviously good command, a must have".

c) we're definitely not going with dual currency to handle many server's super common problem of "zeny vs custom currency" conversion ratio, as if overseeing the zeny economy is not hard enough. heRO goes with the one currency rule.

(you really can't argue royal gold bullion as our 2nd currency since it has a very clear zeny-bullion rate, and it has exactly one use only.)
05-13-2009, 03:20 PM
Website Find Reply
ShinDatenshi Offline
Shinaki's Master

Threads: 5
Sorry, but i have again others questions :

So how create for exemple a red feather berret on heRO ?
And you have already thought for the heRO point suggestion ?
[Image: shinro.png]
05-13-2009, 03:39 PM
Find Reply
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Threads: 104
GM-Ayu Wrote:as if overseeing the zeny economy is not hard enough

I have always been slightly bothered by this. I know zeny sinks are important since, unlike real life economics, the base amount of capital is always increasing (excepting zeny sinks). In my opinion, the GMs should be more like the Federal Reserve (or whatever curreny control other nations have) and only attempt to control the amount of capital in circulation (through zeny sinks, primarily). Beyond that, I think you're actually harming the market.

In a free market, individuals pursuing their own best interest generally tend to also promote the good of the economic community. There's no need to include or exclude server features simply on the basis of "we think it will have a negative impact" because there's no way to know that. It will change the market, but change != bad by default. Just my opinion: let the market take care of itself.
- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
05-13-2009, 05:25 PM
Find Reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

I think I answered the hero point suggestion already.

As for red feather beret (or whatever recoloring scheme or sprite or whatever) usually Pandora handles and decides what to add and what not. For now, we haven't added in any recolor of sprites though, including the very common "valkyrie helm recolor" ones. That you have to ask her.

@Albus

That argument sort of works both ways though... I can say how the current status quo is the default, and that GM sudden introduction of @whosell is like a sudden outside intrusion of the market. So heh... you can really use that argument for and against new commands on the basis of "GMs shouldn't interfere the addition of a command that will affect the economy" OR "GMs shouldn't interfere the economy with the addition of a command".

But either way let's not steal this thread to debate about economic policies. Things aren't always an immediate no, and plenty of things are pending. It's just that especially for "official price checks" and "@whosell" most players hail them as absolute good with no harm at all. I don't think that people who thinks that way are thinking hard enough about all potential issues. Thus why I play daredevil on @whosell (I personally don't mind it either way), and stand in complete opposition/against official price checks of any kind (this one I mind it a lot).
05-13-2009, 10:09 PM
Website Find Reply
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 19
i don't believe albus was talking about the @whosell command, i think he was more referring only to the statement you made about it being too hard to keep the zeny economy stable. if you just leave it be without trying to "influence" prices on things people will make the market stable by themselves as they know that they need to do two things, make money and spend money. they make it by selling the items they've found and they spend it by buying what others have found.

there is one major difference regarding real life versus this game, and that is in this game everyone has access to all resources, which is why "artificial" zeny sinks are absolutely necessary, otherwise there is no market and there's no use for zeny, which really there isn't much use for zeny as it is anyway. tool shop items aren't nearly expensive enough compared to how quickly you can level your character and make zeny from monster loot. a lot of times you can make at least 10x what you put in to investing in tool shop items like fwings, bwings, and pots.

anyway, with that aside, as far as the topic is concerned, i don't favor price checking as that number fluctuates constantly and could end up stagnating the economy or even highly deflating the economy, where if you have a range of acceptable values then you're good to go. i would promote more of @whosell to list the shops that sell the item you're looking for, and if it were able to be set up as such, maybe make @whosell take on more than one value to search for, so say you wanted Elunium and Chain Mail, you'd put both of those in to @whosell separated by commas and it'd find any shop that has those two items in it, and its location.

as far as the rest, mail system would be nice, but doesn't seem to be something that'll happen anytime soon, but i can live with that. the point system, eh, on a previous server they had the treasure hunter's guild set up and it's pretty much the same thing, you get points that you could trade in for items. it was ok, but eh wasn't too fond of it. it wasn't hard to get the points needed for the really good items it offered like ice picks and such. if there were to be a point system i'd say make the items you could exchange the points for the random generating items like dead branch, bloody branch, gift box, obb, opb, and jewelry box. i would not suggest oca, unless you made the amount of points a really high number so as to keep from flooding the market with oca's, but i could see that adding flavor to the community though.
05-14-2009, 03:49 AM
Find Reply
Little Sara Offline

Threads: 9
Its pretty normal to make 10x of the amount you buy, if you go to a low level place. Tell me though, if you buy 100k worth of whites, or go Anubis with 100 Ygg leaves, where is your 10x profit there?

If I'm level 80 and I go fight Soldier Skeleton, I won't even need potions. But if I go Glast Heim, potions won't let me survive even if I buy a ton.

If you fight challenging enough enemies solo, you should make ~2-3x your cost in loot. If you do it in a party (especially with a priest), your cost should go way down, but you split the loot, so it's still less.

If your only way to create zeny into the economy is finding rares, then at some point only a select few can even buy what you sell, others would be too busy surviving with their pots. Or people would ditch item hunting and go mining 24/7 for cash.
Little Sara 87/50 Assassin
PM me if you want to contact me, will more likely be replying than in-game (not always on Assassin).

[Image: 73962.jpg]
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
05-14-2009, 09:25 AM
Find Reply
Seiji Offline
I play with fatty

Threads: 25
I just wanna add something about heRo points suggestion Icon_biggrin
As we all may know, we have Light/Dark system and quests to help players earn some alliance points AND as Panda had said, there will be a quest in future which can only done by players with HIGH points.
We have many quests in heRo which seems impossible to finish + the quest that needs such high alliance point must be like ... work-your-ass-off-or-you-can-never-get-it.
In the end of what I'm saying, we do have heRo point in one way and it's useful, isn't it?
[Image: wi8piv.jpg]

05-14-2009, 02:28 PM
Find Reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Except allegiance point is never spent, but rather once you got a certain required amount of point, you can ALWAYS do whatever needs that many allegiance points Icon_biggrin;
05-14-2009, 03:01 PM
Website Find Reply
Little Sara Offline

Threads: 9
Reaching say, 1000 allegiance points would be a feat though. Even if you completed all the quests, won all TOH with 10 allegiance points per and did the repeatable quest with Jack (not sure how much it gives, he asked me to go to Nifelheim field...I'm a bit too low). You'd still take years to reach 1000.
Little Sara 87/50 Assassin
PM me if you want to contact me, will more likely be replying than in-game (not always on Assassin).

[Image: 73962.jpg]
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
05-14-2009, 03:33 PM
Find Reply