Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
monster chaining suggestion
kurohige Offline

monster chaining suggestion

If you have played final fantasy XII on ps2 then you might know this already. Each time you kill monsters of the same type consecutively, the drop rate from the monsters increase. The chain breaks if you kill a monster of a different type, get killed or go to a town. When the chain breaks the drop rate returns to normal.
05-14-2009 01:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GT-Hiro Offline
Shadow Drifter

RE: monster chaining suggestion

nice concept but its way too easily abused. Especially if you look at people in moscovia. They kill one monster there essecally and nothing else, so eventually they'll be getting 100% of everything drop from the monster. This could apply for any and all monsters really as not everyone dies when killing stuff. This holds especially true for low end monsters such as porings and drops. Their rarest drops, aka their card, are pretty valuble so we don't want that many in circulation without all the effort.There are so many other exploits with drop chaining its not funny anymore.

So to put it briefly, nice idea, not going to happen, at least not here.

GT-BlackHiro, GT-WhiteHiro, GT-ShadowHiro, GT-Destiny

Quote:A Lost Soul drifting though the voids of Eternal
Darkness
05-14-2009 01:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Speaking of FFXII, I need to get REALLY bored and get back to my save file of chaining Dustia to get Vaan all the way to 99 before the plot even begins. o.O

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
05-14-2009 01:33 PM
Seiji Offline
I play with fatty

Thinking of champ killing nothing else but Kiehl, and Sniper killing nothing else but Gloom when ur suggestion is applied makes MVP card or MVP drops lose their value /Sweat
Abuse Evil

[Image: wi8piv.jpg]
05-14-2009 02:18 PM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

actually if you recall, chaining happens as long as the person is on the world map, but once they've gone back to town it's all over, you have to restart the chain.

i would say if something like this were to be implemented, then instead of doubling the drop rate, maybe somehow make it so that after a certain number of kills, you'll be able to have a higher chance at gaining 2 or 3 of the item. say you kill 30 poring family members in a row, then you'd have a chance to gain say 2 sticky mucus, or 2 apples, or 2 rods, or rarely 2 cards if you got really lucky, but the chance to gain a duplicate item would still be relatively low, if not the same drop chance the item currently has.

it would certainly be interesting, and after say 100 kills you'd only get a maximum of a possible 4 drops again, occurring at drop rate chance.
05-14-2009 02:36 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Nice concept but probably not Icon_biggrin; even if you reset the chain counter if you log off or leave the map (so you can't do what Seiji said), there's still quite a few monsters that will be pretty doomed to be abused. Right off the top of my head, bathory is a great example. If you just avoid the jokers which isn't all too difficult, they drop plenty of good stuff then and chaining for drop rates is pretty insane for the card.

05-14-2009 02:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Little Sara Offline

If the concept is applied it shouldn't give more than 50% bonus after 100 kills. If its only applied to consecutive-without-going-to-town-kills, then people will drop loot on the ground to stay longer and not be overweight (and avoid going back to storage), so imo it should just be applied to consecutive same-mob kills (which is hard enough to achieve on some maps where everything is aggro).

It should only apply to maps with at least 2 different aggressive monsters to make it challenging. This way Mavkas don't count and Soils don't count (they don't count on field, but they count in dungeon, where everything else is aggro), but Bloody Butterfly does - and you'll get hammered by Enchanted Peach Tree while trying not to kill them.

Little Sara 87/50 Assassin
PM me if you want to contact me, will more likely be replying than in-game (not always on Assassin).

[Image: 73962.jpg]
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2009 03:00 PM by Little Sara.)
05-14-2009 02:59 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Not exactly thrilled to enter "discussions" of what map ought to have the bonus... and 100 monsters for 50% bonus is incredibly large given how RO is a serious grind game and even my alt farming only knights can stay at bathory for liek 600+ and not go back to town (and many, many better knight players than me exist).

And the other question: is this even do-able without drastic dive into source code, heh Sweat

05-14-2009 03:07 PM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

you could potentially npc code it, though it would be extremely hectic coding i would imagine.
05-14-2009 03:27 PM
Little Sara Offline

RE:??monster chaining suggestion

GM-Ayu Wrote:Not exactly thrilled to enter "discussions" of what map ought to have the bonus... and 100 monsters for 50% bonus is incredibly large given how RO is a serious grind game and even my alt farming only knights can stay at bathory for liek 600+ and not go back to town (and many, many better knight players than me exist).

And the other question: is this even do-able without drastic dive into source code, heh Sweat

I was on a server that modified drop rate +1% for each point in LUK stat. So it probably can be done.

Will it be done is another question.

Little Sara 87/50 Assassin
PM me if you want to contact me, will more likely be replying than in-game (not always on Assassin).

[Image: 73962.jpg]
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
05-14-2009 03:35 PM