Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mining bug?
Little Sara Offline

Mining bug?

The miner NPC says, when you have 50 or more mining points that you are "barely started".

The break rate of picks seems unchanged between 50 and 100 mining points too.

Thoughts?

Mechanics of mining, like how much chance of breaking with how many points?

Little Sara 87/50 Assassin
PM me if you want to contact me, will more likely be replying than in-game (not always on Assassin).

[Image: 73962.jpg]
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
05-15-2009 06:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE: Mining bug?

Chances do decrease at actual linear scale as your mining point increase from 1 to 100. The chance of breaking doesn't decrease significantly if you only look at it by point or even by units of 10 point though since the rate change is I believe, in units of less than 0.1% each point.

I think even the overall change at 100 point is only few percent. What really changes from point, is the drastic decrease of the rate of getting "stone."

05-15-2009 06:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Galt Offline
Lurker

For me, when I mine, the times at which my pick breaks are completely varied. More often than not, however, it does work for well up to 10-20 successful attempts before it breaks, while some picks break as soon as I use them.

However, there is a minor noticeable non-breaking increase in their duration.

Randomly materializing within heRO since 2008.

Hi, I copy and paste profound and meaningful quotes without having an iota's worth of what it actually means!
05-15-2009 07:00 PM
Cheesecake Offline
The Tasty Trap

I just notice the stones thing. I got like 300 stones after 40 pick at level 1, I have just over 150 with 40 pick now.

[Image: 35iqbyd.png]
Cheesecake 93/99 SuperNovice | Hell 7x/4x Hybrid Hunter
Milkshake 7x/4x Knight | Lein 7x/4x Priest | Mystia 8x/5x Monk

05-16-2009 06:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kretzer Offline
Fat-Ality

RE:??Mining bug?

GM-Ayu Wrote:Chances do decrease at actual linear scale as your mining point increase from 1 to 100. The chance of breaking doesn't decrease significantly if you only look at it by point or even by units of 10 point though since the rate change is I believe, in units of less than 0.1% each point.

I think even the overall change at 100 point is only few percent. What really changes from point, is the drastic decrease of the rate of getting "stone."

Pretty much.

The whole "You've just started" is only a text bug, it doesn't affect gameplay, as far as i know of course :X
05-16-2009 07:26 AM