Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kafra Increase Weight skill
Little Sara Offline

Kafra Increase Weight skill

Kafra's Increase Weight Limit skill.

I stumbled on iRO wiki earlier, showing a friend basic stuff about RO. I go in Hunter class, and it says "Don't invest in STR, because with Kafra Increase Weight Limit, this is no longer necessary".

So I suppose that means it is something official on iRO and other Gravity-sponsored RO servers.

Since my "remove the annoying mobs Gravity put there" thread got rebuked with a "we do what's on official" argument, I'd like to know if having this is possible.

It could be questable since enforcing donations isn't for the best, though if it was donation, it shouldn't be more than 5$ to get Kafra Increase Weight 10 on a single character.

I prefer the quest way, it shouldn't be too easy, but not too hard either. Stuff you don't usually get but that isn't Nameless/Thors drops either. Just out-of-the-way maps rarely visited, such as not being an Anubis drop for example, or Hill Wind.

Quote:??Stats

????* STR affects weigh limit, however it is no longer efficient to invest points in STR for this reason, due to the Kafra Shop making Enlarge Weight Limit available to all classes. It also adds to Beast Strafing damage, and in very small amounts, bow ATK. This is generally considered the least useful stat for hunters and is often left at 1.

Source: http://irowiki.org/wiki/Hunter

Quote:A Gym Pass that can be given to a special NPC to learn a skill that will increase your Maximum Weigth Capacity by 200 for each skill level. This special skill can be learned up to Level 10.

Source: http://iro.ragnarokonline.com/kafrashop/...?Mallidx=1

Little Sara 87/50 Assassin
PM me if you want to contact me, will more likely be replying than in-game (not always on Assassin).

[Image: 73962.jpg]
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2009 04:42 AM by Little Sara.)
05-16-2009 04:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Monkey Feet Offline
Fated to be Hated

RE: Kafra Increase Weight skill

>_> Flame bait.

[Image: monkey.png]

[Image: siggymonkey.jpg]
05-16-2009 04:45 AM
Bloodbane Away
¤†Hero of old times†¤

Hmmm....

I fail to see the flame bait. I mean, theres a point made in that post.

Never forget the old days.
[Image: screenheRO-Server124-1.jpg]

-~Proud husband, father, and the luckiest guy in the world.~-

Steam Profile
Youtube
05-16-2009 04:48 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

He may have been pointing to the "Since my "remove the annoying mobs Gravity put there" thread got rebuked with a "we do what's on official" argument, I'd like to know if having this is possible.", when there were other reasons supplied from other players apart from the whole official thing.
Iunno.

Iunno about the idea. People complain how OP hunters are for things anyway, and now they can get increase weight limit 10, too? <<

Inasad
stop doing dickers
05-16-2009 04:52 AM
Little Sara Offline

They get Increase Weight on iRO and have for at least months if not years, do we hear outrage about it? Their population is MANY times what ours is, like 15 times more, 5000 at normal times, 7000 at peaks, and that was when I played a few years back.

Btw the compelling arguments didn't come from you, FrogBoy or Monkey, it came from the GM who replied in the thread. And it was more or less "That's what Gravity did, so let's keep it that way."

PM me if you want to contact me, will more likely be replying than in-game (not always on Assassin).

(This post was last modified: 05-16-2009 04:58 AM by Little Sara.)
05-16-2009 04:57 AM
Monkey Feet Offline
Fated to be Hated

The thing is, this is a donate, and I thought this server was totally against donate items?

And "OMG IRO HAS THIS! LET'S GET IT!" can lead to "WE'RE TOO WEAK, WE ALL NEED LKH's!"

Yea, flame bait, especially how I see it.

05-16-2009 04:59 AM
Monkey Feet Offline
Fated to be Hated

RE:??Kafra Increase Weight skill

Little Sara Wrote:They get Increase Weight on iRO and have for at least months if not years, do we hear outrage about it? Their population is MANY times what ours is, like 15 times more, 5000 at normal times, 7000 at peaks, and that was when I played a few years back.

Btw the compelling arguments didn't come from you, FrogBoy or Monkey, it came from the GM who replied in the thread. And it was more or less "That's what Gravity did, so let's keep it that way."

*My bad for DPsing, she replied like a second before I did*

Umm dee dee dee I don't make the final decision smart one.

Yea, Gravity, not IRo. Gravity. There's a difference smart one.

05-16-2009 05:01 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

You really cannot bring iRO population into this. Not until it is bot free. =P

Yet, the rest of us provided solutions that involved not making more work for GMs in the other thread. It amuses me how much more "compelling" an answer/suggestion can become once it comes from a GM. =P

Do any of us actually listen for any outrage coming from iRO?
I for one, don't. Why should I? HeRo is a completely different server.

But on the actual case, where once again I am discussing reasons other than "But they have it. I want it tooooooo. >:", it gives any build/class not naturally a STR based class a great advantage.
There would be all sorts of gears that archers, mages, etc could now feasibly use now, when before, they might not have strictly because of their weight. It allows them to carry more ammo, gems, etc, too, whereas all the STR classes have somewhat of a fixed weapon, rather than one relying on expendables.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
05-16-2009 05:06 AM
Little Sara Offline

Then make it quest, I prefer it that way.

There are donation exclusive things. Laurel Crowns (3 different, at least 1 being custom). Having a NPC named after you. Custom pets I'm not sure if they are available otherwise, maybe through event?

Quest could be 1000 Jellopy per. Orc Hero Hat would finally have some competition. Even if Jellopies drop mainly from Drops and Poring, hunting 10,000 Porings will make some prefer hunting 250 Anolian Skins.

And there are plenty of maps with Porings or Jellopy-dropping mobs for there not to be a crowding problem, at least not after a little bit.

Quote:But on the actual case, where once again I am discussing reasons other than "But they have it. I want it tooooooo. >:", it gives any build/class not naturally a STR based class a great advantage.

There would be all sorts of gears that archers, mages, etc could now feasibly use now, when before, they might not have strictly because of their weight. It allows them to carry more ammo, gems, etc, too, whereas all the STR classes have somewhat of a fixed weapon, rather than one relying on expendables.

STR classes who don't use skills and can wait until 90% weight will also be advantaged. So it isn't exactly disbalanced. My Assassin has 62 STR base, can bring 4260 weight. Or 60 mine picks. I could bring 100 per trip with 6260 max weight. Finally non-merchant classes could mine and fish efficiently, without looter pets (poor guy yesterday disconnected after unloading his pet, lost everything the pet had).

STR classes who do use skills would have a 50% weight limit higher also.

----------

And about what Monkey said, Kafra Shops exists in all Gravity servers since was it 2007 or 2008? Not just iRO, but iRO I actually speak the language. Feel free to go on kRO forums and google-translate it or something, I'm sure auto-translation will give you funny meanings in English.

STR classes could bring more potions and alternate gear. An assassin could go around with 3 katars. A rogue with 3 daggers. An autocast sage with 2 rods and 1 book, etc. So it won't only advantage Hunter/Sniper and Priest/High Priest.

(This post was last modified: 05-16-2009 05:15 AM by Little Sara.)
05-16-2009 05:06 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

Making it a quest doesn't change the fact that it would mainly benefit the non-STR based classes, though. oO

Inasad
stop doing dickers
05-16-2009 05:09 AM