Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sugg: Falcon Trigger
Cheesecake Offline
The Tasty Trap

Sugg: Falcon Trigger

Well, because of the way people have used the Falconeer build in iRO a change was made to make Falconer build hunter/snipers not need dex. It was made in the new mechanics that even if you miss with your arrows your falcon chance still triggers. This is because of the tradeoff from Dex/Agi to Luk/Agi/Int.

It is very difficult, as is, to make a proper Falconeer build when I am focusing on the stats to make my build work and I still need to invest in dex when I certainly am not concentrating on bow damage. I think it would be nice if melee bow damage hit or miss triggered the falcon mechanism to decide if it should attack or not, like the new mechanics states. It states in these mechanics;

Quote:-Only set off from normal attacks with a bow. Attacking with skills, daggers, or fists will not trigger it.
-May be triggered even if the attack misses or is blocked by a skill. Basically, a chance for every arrow.
-For every 3 points of LUK there is an additional 1% chance Auto-Blitz Beat will be triggered.
-Does not consume SP, has no cast time, and has no cast delay.
-Auto-Blitz may occur during a cast delay.
-The number of times Auto-Blitz Beat will hit its enemy depends on the level of Blitz Beat and the job level of the character. Job levels 1-9 allow it to hit up to one time, while job levels 40+ allow the maximum of 5 hits if level 5 Blitz Beat is attained.
-The damage dealt is divided by the number of enemies Auto-Blitz Beat hits. For example, if it hits 3 enemies at once each enemy would receive 1/3 of the damage.

This evens out the things we need to severely sacrafice in order to make a good falconer build, otherwise we will be stuck forever doing rare hits with the falcon and standing there like an idiot throwing weak arrows.

Keep in mind this is strictly PVE not PVP. In no way is this even in contention for PVP, but for high flee enemies Falconer is supposed to be the one you call since they are flee piercers. Btw, the mechanic stated above is for Auto Blitz-Beat, not Blitz Beat.

SO in finalizing: Can we make the falcon chance work even when you miss, so we can properly gear ourselves if we chose to go against the norm and use our falcon? Its needy. Int/Agi/Luk and a lot of it. Dex isnt affordable, if you want to use Falconer and the game mechanics support this.

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Blitz_Beat

PS: It says auto blitz only triggers Job level/10 times. Im job 37 and my auto blitz is hitting 5 so that must be another change to balance out the dex thing.

[Image: 35iqbyd.png]
Cheesecake 93/99 SuperNovice | Hell 7x/4x Hybrid Hunter
Milkshake 7x/4x Knight | Lein 7x/4x Priest | Mystia 8x/5x Monk

(This post was last modified: 05-16-2009 02:42 PM by Cheesecake.)
05-16-2009 02:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Sugg: Falcon Trigger

why would you need to sacrifice all your dex for your falconer build? i mean yea your damage with falcon will go up, but honestly? if you're not doing constant damage with arrows while "stun locking" your enemy in place while your falcon is going off as well, then it's just not worthwhile. your falcon won't go off enough to make up for the damage you could do while still hitting with arrows and getting the occasional auto-blitz.

besides, you should have way more than enough hit to take out just about any enemy you wish, and if not then get a mummy carded composite bow for your extra hit and then you can sacrifice more dex for luk or int. obviously agi is quite necessary for your aspd sake as that'll help with the number of chances you get to have your falcon blitz per second, but i do plan on eventually investing a bit in to luk for a bit higher chance at blitzing but not gonna invest in int to increase blitz damage.
05-16-2009 05:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

Falcon still use dex as part of the damage, just not as much effect as int... and i can't even imagine how much damage does dex contribute to. My sniper has 80 int and falcon damage remains horrible >>;

Anyway, a royal decree from God (Pandora):

"Let eA handle it along with all the discussion of "proper Grand Cross" in eA vs "how it should be" on iRO and all that other junk."

05-16-2009 05:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kirby_Z Offline
The Kirbster

Love this, but raising an archer will be a pain in the butt with no or low DEX.

Proud Member Of The Nya Nya Crew
[Image: nyanya.jpg][Image: 51000806.png]
Nya Nya Crew - ¥†‡ Hero's #1 Social Non Woe Guild ‡†¥
05-16-2009 05:38 PM
Cheesecake Offline
The Tasty Trap

RE:??Sugg: Falcon Trigger

Frogboy Wrote:why would you need to sacrifice all your dex for your falconer build? i mean yea your damage with falcon will go up, but honestly? if you're not doing constant damage with arrows while "stun locking" your enemy in place while your falcon is going off as well, then it's just not worthwhile. your falcon won't go off enough to make up for the damage you could do while still hitting with arrows and getting the occasional auto-blitz.

besides, you should have way more than enough hit to take out just about any enemy you wish, and if not then get a mummy carded composite bow for your extra hit and then you can sacrifice more dex for luk or int. obviously agi is quite necessary for your aspd sake as that'll help with the number of chances you get to have your falcon blitz per second, but i do plan on eventually investing a bit in to luk for a bit higher chance at blitzing but not gonna invest in int to increase blitz damage.

I didnt ask for your build, thank you. I decided to make a falconer, because of its potential to deal constant damage on certain enemies, even by piercing flee of annoying enemies and save the SP so I will not be a burden in that field. I have my reasons, I just suggested something.

I do not want build arguments here. If you don't like the Falconer build then don't post here. This is a suggestion, not a flame thread, so end them before they begin.

Also, I don't understand Panda's decree. So we're sticking with incorrect game mechanics? "Let eA handle it"? Im confused. Translate for me? Usually I prefer details.

(This post was last modified: 05-16-2009 05:49 PM by Cheesecake.)
05-16-2009 05:47 PM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

was i flaming you cheese? no, i was merely stating that you could achieve the same thing without sacrificing all of your dex, and having the constant damage from your arrows while waiting for your bird to attack does help.

i was just asking why you'd want to sacrifice all your dex in the first place?

also, to answer your question about what pandora means:

our current svn of the game does not include the new mechanics, therefore we will not be changing the mechanics until eA decides to give that change to us. pandora does not like tampering with source code edits and what not.
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2009 05:52 PM by Frogboy.)
05-16-2009 05:50 PM
Kirby_Z Offline
The Kirbster

RE:??Sugg: Falcon Trigger

Frogboy Wrote:was i flaming you cheese? no, i was merely stating that you could achieve the same thing without sacrificing all of your dex, and having the constant damage from your arrows while waiting for your bird to attack does help.

i was just asking why you'd want to sacrifice all your dex in the first place?

also, to answer your question about what pandora means:

our current svn of the game does not include the new mechanics, therefore we will not be changing the mechanics until eA decides to give that change to us. pandora does not like tampering with source code edits and what not.

Actually, if I could get rid of all my DEX and put it on INT/LUK I would.

Proud Member Of The Nya Nya Crew
[Image: nyanya.jpg][Image: 51000806.png]
Nya Nya Crew - ¥†‡ Hero's #1 Social Non Woe Guild ‡†¥
05-16-2009 06:57 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE: ??Sugg: Falcon Trigger

Kirby_Z Wrote:Actually, if I could get rid of all my DEX and put it on INT/LUK I would.

You really don't want to.

Blitz Beat is eternally plagued by a horrible damage formula of terribly sluggish damage incline (same for falcon assault though not as bad, that one is more cooldown issue), solely relying on it without dex to put all your eggs in such an iffy basket is really not a good idea.

05-16-2009 07:09 PM
Cheesecake Offline
The Tasty Trap

Its really not. I had a 10-20 dex 90+40 luk w/o gloria build on the test server and it faired amazingly against anubis. 1,200 damage with around 65 int and 90 agi with buffs triggering blitz beat about half the time noticeably.

I liked that basket.

Keep in mind, Crit ignores flee.

(This post was last modified: 05-16-2009 07:24 PM by Cheesecake.)
05-16-2009 07:16 PM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

yes crit does ignore flee, but unless your crit % is considerably high, i'd still prefer having the constant damage from a normal arrow attack, but that's just me.
05-17-2009 04:59 AM