heRO-Server Forum
Forum Issue - Read Threads Not Marked As "Read". - Printable Version

+- heRO-Server Forum (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Game Related (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://www.pandoraonline.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Forum Issue - Read Threads Not Marked As "Read". (/showthread.php?tid=10839)

Forum Issue - Read Threads Not Marked As "Read". - Whispers - 08-01-2009

I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue.

Whenever I click on "Last Post" (from the main forum or sub-forums) the thread containing the post is not marked as "Read" whereas when I click the name of the thread it is marked "Read".??To alleviate this when the forum is rather busy I command+click (ctrl+click for you PC-philes) to open sub-forums containing new posts in a new tab then command+click all threads containing new posts, followed by clicking "Mark this forum read" before I close out this tab.??However, when I, myself, post a new comment the thread shows back up as "Unread" in the main forum.??Oh My God

Does anyone else have this problem or am I special?

<_<

...Not that kind of special.??I already know the answer to that!??It's not no.??[Image: Ono.gif]
/heh;

RE: Forum Issue - Read Threads Not Marked As "Read". - Zaratus - 08-01-2009

I have that problem too but I thought it would fail due to my internet.

RE: Forum Issue - Read Threads Not Marked As "Read". - Flare - 08-01-2009

I've been having that as well.

RE: Forum Issue - Read Threads Not Marked As "Read". - GT-Hiro - 08-01-2009

I click on the bottom area "mark all forums read" and that usually removes the unread mark. Never comes back until there is something new XD

RE:??Forum Issue - Read Threads Not Marked As "Read". - Whispers - 08-01-2009

GT-Hiro Wrote:I click on the bottom area "mark all forums read" and that usually removes the unread mark. Never comes back until there is something new XD

|
V
Whispers Wrote:
[...]To alleviate this when the forum is rather busy I command+click (ctrl+click for you PC-philes) to open sub-forums containing new posts in a new tab then command+click all threads containing new posts, followed by clicking "Mark this forum read" before I close out this tab.[...]

I'd click the "Mark all forums read" in the main forum, but when it's busy a lot of new posts come in and I have no idea because I just marked everything as "Read"!??So, then I have to go and look at the times on the latest post in each sub-forum on the main forum.??Sweat

...I'm kind of a forum junkie. Icon_redface

RE: Forum Issue - Read Threads Not Marked As "Read". - GT-Hiro - 08-01-2009

odd, mine only marks the ones from the ones from the most resent refresh... so I click that, and get new unread... maybe its a setting but other then that, you got me =/

RE: Forum Issue - Read Threads Not Marked As "Read". - Galt - 08-01-2009

I noticed that if you jumped directly from the main forums into a thread, and then back out to the main forums, it still reads as "Not Read", whereas if you go into a specific section first, and THEN into a thread, and then back to the main forums, it says it has been read.

Icon_neutral

RE: Forum Issue - Read Threads Not Marked As "Read". - Whispers - 08-01-2009

If I reload the page when in the main forum everything gets marked "read". =p